Chapter Three

Lost In Mertan

 

Sungmin contently sat in the eating area as he took a spoon of his cereal and dabbed it into his mouth scarcely to sense someone staring at his direction and looked profusely, following its movements from his right then his left, each area seeing nothing but the sight of silent businessman and familiar faces he worshipped on the TV screen as a child until now and suddenly felt the desire to greet them urgently but had the decency to avoid vexing them at breakfast and instead endeavoured to neglect that same feeling that refused to leave his instincts alone by smiling to himself and thought positively, it was probably nothing anyway.

Smile, Sungmin smile he argued taking another bite out of his cereal then caught that same familiar feel following him once again and turned hastily round to the position he felt it originated from and witnessed the image of a 'sort of' acquainted teenage boy from his school years, Raymond, who always hung out with Donghae and upon being caught exposed a wave and a twisted smile which sent invisible insects creeping down his spine and shivered, terror trembled throughout his body as he waved back awkwardly triumphantly concealing his true emotions by poking his spoon hastily into the bowl of cereal again and rolled his eyes calmly. It felt agitating. He wanted to move now but realised that seemed rude enough since he had only arrived and as soon as he had caught the image of Raymond staring at him wanted to leave. In the end he had no alternative left but to remain planted to the ground and when he glimpsed Raymond getting slowly up from his table and walk over to his, his desire only grew.

"Hi." said Raymond, his olive complexion and sparkling eyes captured him.

"Oh hello!" said Sungmin.

"You know where everything is?" he asked and placed his spoon into Sungmin's cereal and placed it into his mouth, chewing as he glared at him.

"Oh yes!" Sungmin said finally.

"Dealt with all the hate yet? Any fans swarming around you like flies?" he asked and Sungmin was shocked at the too recently asked question.

"Nope." he replied his eyes bulging. "Why...?"

"Hah. One of those newbie's again. Dude..." he took another spoon of Sungmins cereal. "You do realise what you're up for when you came into this business right? Manager L works you really hard and if he doesn't like you, he'll work you so hard that you would want to kill yourself by the end of it. You won't be able to see your friends... your family anything as much. I'm just warning don't get on his bad side. You do realise right why most of the bands that came from SM split up right? Mmhmm... And it's not long before the antis come. The obsessive ones are mad crazy. Make sure you are wary of the gifts sent in case you get attacked, it could be food poison, anything. Don't stay I didn't warn you. Oh and, the fans. You got to love the fans, but fans can turn into antis too, fans will like other bands... it happens mostly as the group gets older and your introduced to more fresher artists. Myself included. Like shin I'm a solo artist I do great lyrics by the way and I've had enough fans myself. I'm just warning you though I like to beat my competition no matter what company there from..." he hinted at. "I will do whatever I can to destroy my competition so bad that I'm willing to go limits. I don't care. I'll shift them off to Antarctica if I have to, juts don't get in my way. Okay?"

Sungmin nodded his head. This boy sure liked to talk, but the expression he showed was genuine and serious, his thick lips coated with red as it demonstrated a smirk. He gulped to himself and suddenly wished he was brought by another company instead.


Leeteuk was packing his luggage with abundances of casual clothes, electronic devices, some books and basic items and necessities as to prepare for his two month trip to America and the other Australia in a week's time as the others done the same. They were sincerely surprised themselves at their endeavour of packing so 'early' as they were usually to have done it the day before, except for those such as Siwon who managed peculiarly to pack weeks earlier despite his loaded schedule as he was remarkably fond of vacations and couldn't stop bragging about Australia's beaches which his attempts at controlling anticipation failed.

As the members discussed various issues-mainly what they were going to do once they arrived as it where their final days treated as regular human beings before their own show and album was to be aired-Siwon showed his excitement again.

"I can't wait!" he said hugging Heechul and rubbing his check on his.

"Ya! I can't believe I have to go on a trip with you!" Heechul complained. "I can't even stand a day with you let alone two months! It's torture!"

"Don't be like that Heechul." said Siwon warmly.

"New Yorks going to be amazing." Said Shindong, his eyes literally sparkling.

"I've never been to New York." Yesung said and looked over at Ryeowook who was discharged from the hospital a few days ago in perfect condition. "Have you Ryeowook?"

"By the way." Said Sungmin who was still unable to forget about the incident earlier on despite his positive demeanour. "Donghae you know that Raymond guy how is he like?"

"On the good side... he was really good at English back at high school and sports... he was pretty cool. On the bad side... he can be full of it. Arrogance. He holds grudges and he's full of curiosity, if something doesn't fit his theories he inspects it, why, how? and he won't stop until he finds answers. But Raymond is different as he uses tactics and violence, shins not smart at all but he's really really gentle though he hides it, he's really considerate and he's a warm guy once you get to know him. I never really liked Raymond and I had no idea why shin would like a guy like him. When me and him were friends with shin he always thought it was some kind of game on who shin liked better."

A shadow emerged from the darkness. "Oh so this is what you think of me?"

The boys exchanged astonished glances.

"What are you doing in here?" yelled Yesung. "Get out!"
"What? I thought we were friends." he said neutrally almost indifferently.

"No-" The members retorted but was intervened by their leader.

"Right..." said Leeteuk eying them."We're 'friends'. Now go away."

"Wait, since we're like friends aren't we supposed to help each other... right?"

They exchanged looks indicating that he was solely crazy, suddenly realising on their own accord that this teenage boy had a very limited knowledge of the word 'friends' like they had of the word 'handling bombs'.

Raymond sat down on an unoccupied seat besides Hangeng and examined him intently as he packed cans of deodorant into his luggage.

"Wow! A Chinese member!" he stated in astonishment as he glared at him. "Hey, Chinese boy speak Korean!"
"Why?" he asked and Raymond smirked at the answer given, his accent was tolerable.

"Hmmm... yup you'll do. I see what lee was trying to do. I warn you though; most people aren't exactly keen of foreigners, so if you get treated differently, I'm just saying. Don't be surprised. Actually if I were you I'd leave now."

Donghae hesitated. He couldn't take hearing his voice anymore. "What are you doing here? Really?"

"What is that already a problem?" he asked and got up slowly and raised both hands in front of his fit figure as to back away. "Fine... laters. I see I'm a problem." and then he went to exit the scene but Donghae followed him shortly after declaring that he had finished packing and cornered him.

"What are you up to?" he asked him bitterly. "Really...? Don't go tormenting them like that. Especially Hangeng."

"Nothing!" he said smiling. "You tell me."

"I know you okay Raymond? You're up to something." he replied back, seriousness engraved in every inch of his face visible.

"I just don't see why..." he said suddenly with a voice full of wonder."Shin liked you better than me in high school... that's all and I didn't know you guys fell apart even after all those years of being together... but I do now and I thought it was shin who would've abandoned you. My theories are never wrong... but my theory was wrong in the end... I can't help but wonder...?"

"Well go wonder somewhere is." he snarled. "Just leave my friends alone and you can tell Shin that too."

"This isn't over to the fat lady sings." Raymond stated dangerously. "I get what I want but I never got something in high school and its funny because I still never got it even now and I'll continue to fight for it."

Donghae watched as Raymond walked away, incredibly perplexed. What had he never got in high school? Had he not had everything?


Ryeowook was walking down the halls of SM entertainment when he fell over a discarded object and tripped over face first onto the carport strewn floor for the second time today. Groaning, he used his elbows to support the weight of his body witnessing miniature droplets of silver surround him, a gush of blood running to his head as he stood dizzily and spotted a stick resting on the ground before him and at the stupidity felt, intentionally hit his head again with the palm of his hand. How could he have not seen a stick that big before?

Clenching his shoulder he endeavoured to walk down the flight of stairs and when he reached the surface safely one of the waitresses who happened to have walked by halted and offered him a snack from the endorsements of food she held. Thanking her exaggeratedly he took a crisp and stuffed it into his mouth and the waitress blushed helplessly as tints of pink coloured her cheeks.

"These are really good." Kyuhyun said grabbing a chocolate tart and stuffing the whole into his mouth. "You think we can get another?"

"If we ask maybe..." he said and rested his head on Kyuhyuns shoulder.

"Which reminds me..." said Kyuhyun suddenly."We have to attend an important meeting soon. You up for it?"

"All up for it!" he replied merrily then suddenly as both began conversing happily, a man in a hooded black figure with a wide, unnatural build if not muscular hands pushed Ryeowook mercilessly over with a thump and fled the halls of the studio as Kyuhyun turned round to spot his escaping figure. Ryeowooks reaction to the attack was a slam against the wall as the hard force sent him flying then upon contact scurried the floor agonisingly as Kyuhyun ran to his immediate rescue where he turned over Ryeowook's body eagerly and glimpsed what he dreaded to see most, a rich red substance trickling down his forehead. Scooping him into his arms, neglecting thoughts of capturing the suspect and only of Ryeowooks health he ran to SM's own hospital a few blocks round.

"What happened to him?" gasped the doctor upon sighting the injured boy.

"Some man pushed him onto the wall and he fell onto the ground, hitting his head against the wall."

"That's going to leave a bruise." She replied as she examined the mark on his forehead.

"He's not too injured is he?" he asked desperately. "We're going holidays in a week and we have a meeting..."
"I'm not too sure." She replied.


"WHAT?" yelled Eunhyuk after Kyuhyun had run a marathon to inform the others and were seated in a neat circle.

"No way!" they yelled. "Who?"

"IT WAS RAYMOND." Yelled Donghae. "IT MUST BE HIM!"

"Now now let's not come into conclusions." Said Leeteuk. "How can we be too sure?"

"He was a bit bigger than Raymond." Replied Kyuhyun.

"He must've hired someone!" replied Donghae angrily. "Or stuffed crap into his jumper! Trust me, Raymond will do anything to get what he achieves, to get what he wants!"

"But what can he want to achieve if Ryeowooks hurt?" they said.

"He's testing us." Said Donghae after a long silence.

"Testing? Testing what?" they asked curiously.

Donghae eyed them. "His theories."

"Theories?" they questioned, confused.

"There's a theory might've proved wrong or he's gathering evidence for another theory... it's this theory nonsense. He's done it to me since high school."

"Give an example."

"He wanted to see how strong I was so he got a bunch of kids to beat me up at school." He replied.

"OH! THAT!" they yelled. "So you think it was him?"

"Well the event happened after he asked me and I asked for him to guess for himself. Anyways, now's not the time, we'll explain in the hospital."

And they eagerly paced themselves to the hospital where they were reunited with Ryeowook lying calmly on a bed, his head with an ice pack on top and some towels, his body with a fever and sweat pouring down his face in drips.

"Ryeowook! How are you!" they yelled.
"Sh..." ushered the doctor. "Don't wake him up..."

"How is he?" Leeteuk whispered.

"He has a painful headache, things aren't looking good, some bruises on his body... we don't know when he'll be recovered."

Sungmin checked his watch and realised the time with a shocked expression. "Hey, the meeting will happen within another five minutes, we should be heading now..."

"I'm not going anywhere." Shindong refused.

"Me too." Said Yesung and they all agreed.

The doctor looked worried. "I don't know if I can allow you to do that, it's a very urgent meeting I heard."

"But Ryeowooks sick." Said Kangin. "He needs us even though he isn't awake."

She sighed after a pause. "Okay but only half of you can stay."

"I'm staying." Kyuhyun said with a definite look on his face.

"Can't we just ask him to hold the meeting tomorrow?" asked Donghae.

"I don't think so." Said Leeteuk. "You know how the manager is."

"It's worth asking..." Siwon said and Leeteuk nodded his hand and reached in his pockets and took his mobile phone out hastily.

"Hello?" he said and there was a reply on the other end of the phone. "Uh huh okay." And said to them, "manager said that he's only sick, he'll live. So we have to come."

Leeteuk looked hesitant. "This is our only chance to follow our dreams... if we get fired. What other chances do we get?" and they nodded their heads and decided on who was to stay, dividing them reasonably from the most significant.

"Bye Ryeowook." The other half said as they left.


After discussing various issues, mostly necessary and how the entertainment business works and some lectures, they couldn't avoid their anticipation as they concealed it obviously by taping various objects quietly and demonstrated countenances of impatience. The worst part of all was that Raymond was scarcely in front of them, 'bestowing' them most of the lectures and eyeing them with a satisfactory smirk that made their insides twitch inevitably.

"You are dismissed." the manager said after realising their restlessness vexingly and they each eagerly shot up from their chairs hastily and entered the room in which Ryeowook laid in a composed stance, fully awake and cupped in his hands a cup of hot chocolate as he explaining how it felt being pushed against the side of the wall and describing the most he could see of the suspect and how sure he was that it wasn't an incident.

"It was too hard to be an accident!" he complained. "There was too much space, it just doesn't make sense. I saw the guy turn around too, it was a boy, gave this twisted smile..." he began to cry. "It was horrible!" and Kyuhyun hugged him.

"It's okay... you're safe now..." he said warmly, rubbing his back in a circular motion.

"We'll catch who this guy is..." said Donghae."I swear we will."

And behind the walls of the hospital where the door remained shut, a boy with messy hair and an olive complexion, his eyes sparkled and his pointy nose as sharp as the blade of a knife pressed his ear against it and smirked. He was satisfied indeed at what he'd learned.


Manager Gemini's eyes widened at what Lee so man, his manager had to say with a serious visage.

"A promotion?" said manager Gemini incredulously. "REALLY?"

"If the song you've written is used then yes." said lee. "After all you are they songwriter aren't you?"

"I've been waiting for this for years!" said manager Gemini astounded. "Thank you!"

"Just make sure your lyrics are chosen and I don't want you hustling the boys okay?" he said chuckling and manager Gemini nodded in reply then walked out of his office, a smug look on his face, he was confident with the lyrics he had given to super junior however, the other members had different opinions.


AUTHORS NOTE: I HAVEN'T EDITED IT YET SO EXCUSE EVERYTHING! SORRY ITS HORRIBLE.

P.S: The Shin guy is actually Henry in Super Junior, but since i made the Shin guy appear cruel i didn't want to change others perspectives of him especially those that don't know who or what Super Junior is. I love henry and i didn't want to do that to him either! :)