Chapter 9 - The Irony

Caught In Between

 

K POV

            Oh the joy. Today is when I film my pathetic other self seducing Yoona. Granted, I got to wear cool clothes, but still! The very notion of having to beg a girl is pathetic. I mean honestly, why must I grovel at her feet? If she wanted me, she should just be there with me. Goodness. What loss of dignity am I suffering for this drama?

            Seohyun was at school today. That’s so adorable. Apparently she only has one more month to go, and wanted to pass all her exams. She even asked for me to come over and please help tutor her in math. Hmm, my math Olympiad skills have been getting around.

            “Okay, Kyuhyun, your job today is to be super cool. Now remember, you want to get the girl. So you offer to take her out on a date, and she agrees. She has plans up her sleeve to date you in order to hurt Seohyun. Remember to pour in emotion! And when you’re about to kiss her, please do me a favor and make it look real. You won’t actually do it, but please be mature about it,” the director ordered.

            I looked at Yoona with a squeamish stomach. I knew this part was coming and really dreaded it. There was something about her that ticked me off in the wrong way. But I liked it. Ever since she used me as a dancing partner in our competition, I had not been able to get her off my mind. Whether it was her scent, or how smooth her skin was, I was always distracted to the point of lunacy. But she hates me, so there’s no point in even contemplating anything there.

            I smiled widely at her. “You ready Yoona?” She nodded confidently and we started filming.

            I followed her out the school doors and checked to see if my suit was on correctly. “Hey Hyohee, I want to do something for your birthday tonight.”

            She turned and raised an eyebrow. “My birthday is over. You should remember.” She smiled haughtily as if to remind me of the cake smashing.

            I shrugged. “I still want to do something. If I recall, the last time I tried to celebrate your birthday, I was unceremoniously rejected. Rudely so, if I may point out.”

            This interested her. “Funny, nobody ever dared try a second time, nor do they dare to be this cheeky. I’m impressed, Choi MinWon. Okay, take me out. Do your damage.”

            I grinned. This was totally working. I grabbed her hand and walked her out of the school. “So, I’ll take you home. You get ready. I’ll pick you up in two hours.” I watched as Hyohee’s pretty eyes widened and she smiled. She should do it more often. It brings out the gentler beauty in her face.

            “And, cut! THAT right there was fantastic! Okay, so now we’re going to shoot it from her point of view. Remember, you’re only slightly intrigued, you don’t actually like him. At least not yet. You will be rebuffing and at the same time accepting his advances, Yoona. Great chemistry you guys!” The director heartedly approved.

            We looked at each other. Chemistry? The only chemistry between us was the constant clashing of polarities. We just didn’t fit. She snorted as if to hide back her laughter. I watched as she bit down on her cheek, trying to keep her face still. She’s so fascinating. Fascinatingly weird.

Y POV

            The costume director dressed me in this little black dress and I twirled to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My cheeks were flushed in anticipation. I knew I had to play hard to get but this was Kyuhyun we were talking about. Goodness how would I survive his crazy seductions? I hope he wouldn’t go too far.

            I opened the door and nearly jumped back in shock. Being a witch didn’t grant me powers to see the future, unfortunately, or else I would have anticipated that he would look something like this. MinWon stood in front of me, all six feet of him.

            In his hands were a handful of roses and he was smiling. His hair was tousled just right and his suit set off his skin perfectly. Ya, Hyohee! You’re only doing this to hurt YooSoung, I reminded myself. It has nothing to do with the gorgeousness that is MinWon. Besides, I sneered, he’s too low for me.  

            He smirked. “Cat got your tongue?”

            I tilted my chin up. “You have to do a lot more than be arrogant to earn my heart, MinWon.”

            He grinned widely. “Oh really? Is that a challenge?” He stepped closer to me and I began to hyperventilate. The swirl of his manly cologne hit my nose with a full force and something so Kyuhyun like warmed my heart.

            “Cut! Yoona! What happened there? You had lines! Why did you blank out?” the director yelled out, slightly surprised that I would mess up so badly. Even Kyuhyun gave me a weird look.

            I blushed, not sure what had come over me. I peered at my costar from the corner of my eyes and gulped. I’ve seen perform in a suit multiple times, but this close made me feel like hyperventilating. He’s just too gorgeous. I really need to keep my own interests out of this. It’s going to drive me crazy.

            “Mianhe,” I apologized, bowing low. “I just forgot my lines. I’m supposed to push him away right? And he laughs it off. Okay, okay, I know it now.”

            “Oh really is that a challenge?” He stepped closer to me and I looked up at his face. His perfect lips were dangerously close to mine and I could feel his breath. He smells so good. My goodness. My hands crept up and gently caressed his face. YOONA! What are you doing? I mentally screamed. Before anyone could correct me, I turned my action. His confident smirk faltered and it was my turn to grin. I slapped him across the face.

            “You never challenge me. Turn around and keep walking. You want to seduce me remember. Not the other way around.” The surprise on his face transformed into determination. He squared his shoulders and took my hand, leaving me down the driveway and into his car.

            The car ride was silent, and I waited to see what he would do. He drove up to an abandoned warehouse and led me in. Really now. The magic coursed through my fingers and crackled around my fingertips. Any sign of danger and I was going to zap him.

            “Wait here,” he commanded, leaving me alone in front of a dark stage. Was he going to perform?  I sneered. What talent did this boy possibly have that would win me over? I sat back with my arms crossed. I’d like to see him try.

            A sole light came on in the middle of the stage and he walked out. The light did wonders to him; reflecting off his suit and showing off his beauty.

Get up again,

I want to see you who has waited for me

Go back again

I want to say I love you

I’ve lived without knowing

How precious you are

            “That’s good! Okay, so after the song, Yoona, you will be a bit impressed. Or rather you would pretend to be. Then we’ll move on to him taking you dancing. How about we take a break for now?”

            I nodded, slightly dazed. Every time I hear his voice, I go into this stupor and realize just how much I love him. The song he sang was from S.M. The Ballad, Love Again. I glided over to him and smiled up at him. He was shrugging out of his suit jacket, and the white shirt he had underneath was stretched perfectly over his chest. Oh my.

            “So, my character is one tough cookie to crack, no?”

            He shrugged, not looking at me once. “My character is stupid enough to be persistent. Honestly, I would never have tried this hard to get a girl. Besides, she’s a witch who would never look at him twice. She’s just doing this out of spite.”

            “Hey, not cool. We girls aren’t normally like this. Anyway, do you want to practice dancing with me? It would be smarter if we were able to just get it down in own filming. So want to try?” I was itching to feel his hands curled around mine.

            He looked at me finally with deep brooding eyes. Oh, Kyu-oppa, your eyes. There was a shadow of suspicion, as if he were trying to figure out just what exactly was going on with me. I smiled wider, to show that I was sincere. Then he twitched. “Sure. But no making fun of my dancing skills.”

            I led him to the stage where we would film. The other crew workers milled around and clapped encouragingly when we told them we were just practicing. Kyuhyun took my hands in his and I felt my heart skip a beat. His hands are ridiculously warm and soft, with a rough edge to it that all guys had.

            To humor us, the producer played some romantically cheesy music and the corners of Kyuhyun’s mouth turned up. “My Heart Will Go On? Really? They’re resorting to the Titanic? Goodness, I hope they don’t play this for the drama. That would be upsetting.”

            I looked up at him. “And what’s wrong with this song? It’s sad and so well sung.”

            He gave a noncommittal grunt. “I suppose. But we’re just practicing. It’s not like we need it to be so romantic at this moment.”

            That hurt. I looked down and tried to regain my composure. “Isn’t it better to just be able to practice the actual scene? I mean, when wedo do it, then it wouldn’t be so awkward. We’re already used to it.”

            He said nothing and only grasped loosely on my hand and shuffled his step. He attempted a twirl and it was only because I knew how to do it that I didn’t fall over. “Okay, we need to teach you how to move your feet and how to raise your arm and twirl gracefully at the same time. You can’t just shuffle and step and sway. It has to be gliding over the dance floor. And when you wish to twirl me, your hand needs to help mine and it has to be loose so I’m able to move without having you as an anchor. And please don’t ever drop me. That would be bad.”

            His eyes bulged out. “What is this? That’s so damn complicated. Why can’t we just shuffle and walk across. What is with this gliding business? That’s heck embarrassing and really?”

            I put my hands on my hips. “If you want to seduce me, then you have to do it right. You can’t just hit and miss!”

            “Correction, MinWon is seducing Hyohee. None of this you and me business.”

            I threw my hands in the air in frustration. “Who cares? You knew what I meant.”

            That disarming grin came upon me once more with full impact. “I know. Just teasing you. You’re so tense these days.” He shook my arms playfully. “Lighten up Yoona.”

            I forced out a smile. Gosh did he really think I was so uptight? “Sorry, I just want things to go right. I mean, I love acting in dramas.”

            All of a sudden his face softened and he became gentle. “Of course. It’s my first drama too! It’s okay, you’re with me. What can possibly go wrong? Psh, I never took you for such a perfectionist. Okay, let’s dance. I’ll wow you with my amazing ballroom skills.” He seized my hand and started twirling me around.

            The music swelled around us and I twisted around and around. The lights blurred together and everything else faded. Nothing but the fact that this was Kyuhyun and that he was holding my and tightly registered. I could go on like this forever. He stared down at me intently, and had a serene look on his gorgeous face.

            When we stopped, the entire room burst into applause. We broke away and I blushed, staring down at my feet. “You two, that was amazing! In fact, the emotion there was so deep, I couldn’t help it. We filmed it. We’re done with filming for today. That was a once in a lifetime performance. Congratulations,” the PD announced.

            We looked at each other. What? It was already filmed? Then Kyuhyun jumped into action. He slipped an arm through his jacket and waved goodbye. “Yoona, I’ll go on ahead. I promised Seohyun I would help tutor her.”

H POV

            I could not get her face out of my head. Her voice is sweet like an angel’s, her smile delicate like a butterfly, gah. Here I am, spewing all these clichés. All for a girl. If my friends in Toronto could see me now, they would die of laughter.

            I holed myself in the room and started researching all I could about her. The multiple websites I visited promoted her the same way. But goodness, she’s tall. And so young. But she’s known for being mature, as well as for her maknae aegyo. I like it. And she got along well with babies. Could this get any better?

            Whoa there, Henry. Slow boy, down. What in the world was I thinking about, babies? I decided the internet could not be the best possible source. I decided to target the best possible source. Ryeowook-hyung. Not only is he sensitive, but he knows her well too.

            I jumped out of bed and accosted him in the studio, where he was busy composing a new song. “Hey, Wookie-hyung? I have a question for you. Can you tell me more about Seohyun please? I met her a few days ago and she seems like a really cool person.” I have never felt any more awkward than I do now.

            He smiled knowledgably. “Ahh, the maknae? She’s cute, and she’s very caring. I remember her crying once on her birthday because it was a hidden camera and her unnis were ignoring her. She thought they were fighting because of her and only wanted peace. You couldn’t have chosen better, Henry.”

            I reddened. Could it have been so obvious? He patted my arm. “Talk to her. She’s very nice. And she has a quiet sense of humor. You may think she’s awkward, but that’s because she wants to make sure her actions are always correct. It takes a while to get used to.”

            I beamed happily, glad to have his approval.

Y POV

            I watched Kyuhyun and Seohyun huddle over her math textbook. Her long hair slid off one shoulder and was brushing against his arm every time she moved. He smiled patiently at her, and wrote out his own work. Once in a while, he would pinch her cheeks, and she would blush and squirm away.

            It’s ironic how even though Seohyun’s supposed to be letting Kyuhyun go to me, I feel like I’m the one giving him away. 

AWW. Yoongie ♥

Yoona at SMTown was slightly disappointing, but as my favorite dongsaengie, little_miss_psycho, says, "She's probably upset over the SeoKyu skinship." Kekeke ♥

So yeah, I'm planning on writing another Kyuna. In this story, Kyu is married to Seohyun... but he falls in love with Yoona. It's really complicated, and I will give you the link when I do make it. :D

It's going to be rated, not necessarily for ual content, but more for the plot, and what the story is about. I hope you will continue to support me.

I love you~