Chapter 13 - Moves Like Kyuhyun

Caught In Between

 

K POV

            The end of year Christmas specials were coming up and Super Junior was slated to do a collab with SNSD. Somehow, I knew I wouldn’t be looking forward to it. Yoona was an MC, which mean she would not be taking part in our collaboration. I suppose that was a good thing. It’s not like she’s anything special anyway.

            “Kyuhyun! Come down here. We have to go practice with the rest of SNSD. They’re already there and waiting. Aish, don’t tell me you’re throwing a fit again,” Leeteuk reminded me subtly of the time when I hid during the SPAO shootings. I scowled. Genius takes time to cultivate.

            “I’m coming, I’m coming. What exactly is our performance about anyway?”

            The leader shrugged. “The girls said they had an idea. We just go along.”

            When we got there, I looked around the room and counted heads. Six, seven, eight, wait. That was it. Someone was missing. It only took a millisecond before I realized it was Yoona. The choding was absent. Oh well. I guess she doesn’t have to practice with us anyway. But there was still a little twinge of disappointment. I am not able to make fun of her. Sighs, entertainment deprived.

            Hyoyeon walked up to us and smiled brightly. “Oppas! So our idea is to have a Super Generation performance of Moves Like Jagger. People can pick their partners and everything. It’ll be fun!”

            The others were into it, but I stood there, slightly shell-shocked. “Wait, so we have to dance with girls?” I tried to keep the incredulous note out of my voice. Eunhyuk snorted back a laugh.

            “Our dear baby maknae, still so innocent. He thinks dancing with girls is his worst nightmare,” Donghae patted my head. Grr, I’m not a baby guys. I shrugged off his hand and scowled.

            “Are the partners predetermined or can we choose whoever we like?” I saw Leeteuk glance casually at the short leader. I cackled to myself. Of course our greasy leader would ask that question.

            “We’re basing it on formation and talent. So, yeah they’re pretty much predetermined,” Hyoyeon answered. “It’s going to be Leeteuk-oppa with Sunny.” I smirked when the leader looked crestfallen. “There’s the Chois, Yesung-oppa and Sica, Eunhyuk-shi and Yuri, Ryeowook-oppa and Fany, Donghae-oppa and our shorty, me with Sungmin-oppa and then we have our maknaes!”

            I stole a quick glance at Seohyun and saw that she had retreated to a corner of the room. Her head was down and she was playing with her hair. I wanted to grin. She was really adorable. But there was a glaring inconsistency. Yoona. Yoona not being there only emphasized Heechul-hyung’s absence. Sighs.

            I suppose they wanted to switch up the general couples, but me with Seohyun. I stood there and stared at her, willing her to look at me. I wanted to know how she would feel about it. But she continued to toy with her long strands of hair. As the other couples paired off to practice their moves, I strode over to her.

            “Hey, I guess it’s you and me again Seohyunnie.” She looked up, startled and I chuckled. “We’re going to have to practice. Come on.” I tugged her along. She came reluctantly and I sighed. “Look, we’re good friends. There’s no need to be shy. We can dance better than any of the pairs out there if that’s what you’re scared of. Team Maknae!”

            At that she smiled. I led her to the center of the room, next to Eunhyuk and Yuri and glanced at the rest of them. “Okay, tell us the choreo.”

S POV

            I stood nervously next to Kyuhyun and tried to reason with myself. It didn’t matter how I felt. I needed to be professional right now! Ugh, I tapped myself on the head mentally. I cannot be breaking down now. Besides, it was just one dance, albeit one very sensual dance, but it was one minute of my life and then it’ll be over. And wasn’t it my biggest dream to dance with Kyuhyun anyway?

            Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon showed us the steps and we got in line. I was to start out facing Sungmin before we walked into our formations. The music started and I began to dance. When I turned to face Kyuhyun, my breath caught. He was staring at me with a deep look of concentration and bit his lips slightly.  When the song clip was over, I was relieved. Any more of that and I would really faint. We continued to practice deep into the night until our managers walked in.

            “You’ve all been working hard. Take a break and good luck tomorrow!” We cheered and dispersed. During dinner, Yoona joined us and Hyoyeon immediately regaled her with the tales of our practice.

            “You should have seen our maknae with Kyuhyun today! I had no idea she could be such a catty lady. Good job. He really seemed to be into it,” she bumped my hip. I smiled shyly and avoided Yoona’s cold gaze. She shrugged before walking off.

            I could not figure out why she would be so upset. The only reason that came to mind was that maybe her dislike of Kyuhyun have impeded any possibility of him being a good person. I sighed, remembering Henry. He was so adorable. But then there was Kyuhyun too.

            The next day, we were driven to the stadium where we had to perform. Yoona was shivering, excited because she was a host for the huge event. In order to make amends, I hugged her. “Good luck, unni!” she smiled graciously and I allowed myself to believe that things would be okay.

            We were outfitted and ready to go by seven that night. My breath caught when I saw Kyuhyun-oppa in his leather jacket and red shirt. He smiled at me and touched a finger to my cheek. “We got this, SeoSeo.”

            Sooyoung raised her eyebrows evilly and I stuck out my tongue at her. The LCD screens split apart and we were on. The music was familiar and I executed the moves perfectly. My breath never failed to catch when Kyuhyun slid on his knees before standing up and pulling me to him and back. He was purely concentrated but when he came up, he let out a small slip of a smile.

            Then we broke apart and started dancing. The fangirl heart in me couldn’t help but admire the way his long limbs moved and I smiled. Super Junior’s dancing black hole really has improved. Then we slid back together and he placed his long fingers on my hips. He made sure to hold me delicately, in fear of offending me.

            I put my hand tentatively around his waist and rolled my torso front and back, a little embarrassed. But Kyuhyun handled it like a pro and stepped closer to make the dance easier for me. He moved so he was directly facing me for a split second and he grinned, reminding me once more of the adorable oppa he was. Then he turned his head and gave the camera a fierce gaze. The last few seconds of the song started and we stood back to back, looking out at the audience. As we existed the stage, Kyuhyun’s hands strayed behind my waist and he gently pushed me forward.

Y POV

            I burned. I burned with an uncontrollable jealousy as I stood off the side, like the good host I was, and watched Kyuhyun and Seohyun dance. Although it was just collaboration, I felt they had taken it to another level. I watched them dance together and was struck by how good they looked together. Better than how I would ever look next to him, I thought sadly.

            His hands were constantly touching her body and I felt waves of resentment. Suddenly, I hated that I was “honored” to host the show. I had been looking forward to it until SM decided for us to work together. Then I couldn’t take it anymore.

            I watched as he devoted all his attention to her and tried not to cry whenever their hands touched. I imagined the sizzle of connection between them every time they met each other’s eyes. All of a sudden, the music became too much and I felt a slight wave of dizziness overcome me. How many more of these Seokyu moments will I be able to take before I fully explode?

 

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating so often. >< 

I'm trying but junior year is a bi***... I really hope to hear from you all ♥

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfMCcUxEl4&feature=related Yay the amazing performance. Poor Yoona...