Chapter 16 - One For the Other

Caught In Between

 

S POV

            I walked onto the set, knowing that today’s filming would be pivotal, both in the drama as well as in real life. This was when my character commits suicide and gives up her powers. And then there is the filming between Kyuhyun and Yoona at the water park. I no longer felt jealous or possessive. I knew how Yoona felt, and I’m pretty sure I knew how I felt. I had feelings for someone, but it wasn’t Kyu-oppa.

            We walked into a dramatic room. The setting was mainly dark and an evil aura surrounded it. Chants sounded in the background and I felt Yoona shiver next to me.

            “Okay girls. We’re going to film the part where Seohyun gives up her soul to Yoona. Yoona, you just chant what’s on your script and Seohyun, keep understanding that it’s your sacrifice. That’s all girls. Good luck. This room is pretty authentic.”

            “Are you ready?” I turned. Hyohee was there, dressed in ironically, white. There was a sneer on her beautiful face. I took a deep breath and pictured MinWon’s face, pictured his happiness and nodded.

            “Lead the way.” As she led me into the dark tunnel, I could only pray for forgiveness. I’m sorry for letting you down. I’m sorry for giving up and letting love blind me. I’m sorry that I was my coven’s once in a million years hope and here I was, giving myself up for a boy. A boy who never could appreciate me.

            I felt all the disapproval of my leader upon me and I offered up a quick prayer of apology. If I could help my feelings, I would. But I knew about MinWon’s erratic behavior and knew that if he lost her, he may never be himself again.

            She led me to a dark room where dark objects hung on the walls. In the middle was a circle and candles put out in the shape of a complex star. The middle of the circle had a light on it.

            “Step into that light and make sure that you lie down on top of it. It’ll expand to cover your shape and then it’ll cleanse you of your powers. You’ll just be a shell of a girl. You would then be given the choice to continue living as a semi ghost or leave this world forever and be disgraced by your coven as a deserter.”

            I already knew the rules. I stepped into the circle and felt an evil energy trap me. I sighed. This is all for you, oppa, I thought. I placed my body over the shining light and felt a hotness sear through me. The light seemed to gain a strength of its own and it buoyed me in the air. I gasped, feeling weightless.

            I closed my eyes and felt the energy slowly seep out of me. All of my powers, all of my thoughts and emotions slowly began to fade and soon I was staring at a blankness. I pictured MinWon’s face, knowing that this would be the last time I would ever be able to remember him.

            My heart began to patter and MinWon’s face was replaced by two doors. One marked the way on and the other back. I was tempted to walk back, but I knew that I would have lost everything. I would be forever hovering in and out of existence, unable to speak, unable to do anything. I would be useless.

            Bravely, I imagined kissing MinWon softly on his forehead and opened the door to the path on.

            “Bravo! Girls, you’re almost done. Yoona, go get changed. We have to hurry. Our film budget is almost running out. We need to get you and Kyuhyun to the amusement park to film. Seohyunnie, you’re almost done. Good job, girls.” The producer acknowledged.

            I grinned at Yoona and her lips twitched slightly. I hugged her briefly, trying to erase the tension between us. “Go have fun with Kyuhyun-oppa.” I winked at her and she stared at me flabbergasted.

Y POV

            I was nervous. After filming Seohyun’s part, I have to go and film my date with Kyuhyun. The story’s almost over. We would have our time together. Then before the party, Seohyun comes back and tells Kyu what I made her do. He then kills me and jumps off the bridge himself. How dramatic. But for today, I was going to milk it for all I could. There has been a subtle change in Seohyun and I wondered if she finally has realized that I liked Kyuhyun.

            I dressed in a tank top and shorts and bit my lips. This was my normal outfit, but somehow, I felt self-conscious, knowing that he would be seeing me and would be touching me. He was casually dressed and he waved happily when he saw me. “Hey, are you ready to do this?” He swung an arm around my shoulder and I nearly passed out.

            “Ya, go away. We haven’t started filming yet.”

            He slipped on his sunglasses and pursed his lips. “Arrasso, I was just trying to get into character. Sheesh, you’re such a weirdo.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I giggled. He was still the playful maknae.

            “Okay, you guys tend to have really good chemistry together. It won’t be too hard now. Just go ahead and be awesome together. We’ll film you. You can improv on your lines, just make sure you get your main idea in. I trust you. Yoona’s a vet and Kyu, you’ve been doing pretty well. Ready, action!”

            Kyuhyun took my hand and smiled at me. “Have you seen YoungSoo around lately?” that was the first thing out of his mouth. I pursed my lips.

            “You’re on a date with me and you’re concerned about where your little friend is?”

            He looked slightly pained so I winked at him. “Come on, oooppa, show me some fun.” I stretched out the endearment a bit longer and he smiled.

            “As you wish, my lady.” He led me to a ride where there was practically no line. I looked up and shivered. Even for a witch, heights were not particularly attractive. MinWon grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

            When we got in, I was trembling. He reached over to make sure that the seatbelt was snugly strapped to me and smiled. The cart lurched over and I gasped. MinWon’s hand came over and covered mine. He smiled at me reassuredly and I tried to breathe.

            When the ride finally ended, I collapsed in his arms and he smirked. “The great HyoHee is scared of heights?”

            I slapped his arm. This insolent bastard. He was acting as if I actually were his girlfriend. I scowled. “Watch it. I can always withdraw my yes to your invitation for the party.” I raised an eyebrow and he rolled his eyes.

            “As if. You’ve already fallen for my charm.”

            I shook my head. “Take me to the water park.”

            We changed into our swim suits and I looked down a bit self-consciously. He casually took off his shirt and I couldn’t help but admire it. No wonder that YoungSoo was so set on loving him regardless of his preferences. The guy was very well built.

            He pushed me into the water and I gasped. I came up sputtering and he belly flopped right next to me, drenching me even further. I couldn’t summon any hate, any rage. When I tried to tap into my magic, I realized that some of has faded. I didn’t feel full with the dark power any more. I was losing it.

K POV

            After we were done filming, the producers told us we could stay and bum around. I had nothing better to do, so I looked at Yoona. “Wanna stay with me?”

            She shrugged. “I guess. I don’t have any more schedules after this.” We wandered around the park silently and I felt an awkwardness come between us. I shuffled my feet nervously and looked around until I saw a giant teddy bear.

            “Hey, look at that! I want it in my room!” I tugged on her arm.

            She saw it and her eyes lit up. “Aish, they only have one! Let’s try and win it!”

            The game was simple, we had to toss in three hoops. I concentrated and tried but only got two in. Yoona tried but missed them all. I tried again and this time I got them all in. When the store own handed over the bear, I hugged it to me and inhaled its fresh scent. Yoona pouted slightly and I grinned to myself.

            “Yoong.” She cocked her head. “Here, take this. I won this for you.”

            She blushed and shook her head. “Ani, oppa, you won it.”

            I sighed impatiently. “I know you dimwit. I won it and I’m giving it to you. If you don’t want it, give it to Seohyun. Or better yet, give it back. I can give it to Henry.”

            Yoona grabbed the bear and buried her nose into the fur. “Thank you so much.” I smiled and took the bear’s hand. Somehow, this was turning out to be the best day ever. 

 

I feel bad. I haven't updated this in a while. But I'm trying. Tests are coming and I'm trying.

I had more for this chapter, but I lost it.

I'm sorry guys. It's so hard when you guys don't comment and don't give me feedback.

The motivation just practically doesn't exist.

I won't give up on any of my stories, ever. But I'm just saying.