Chapter 15 - Revealing

Caught In Between

 

Y POV

            I went a week without having to face any of them. Thank goodness for being able to just relax and being the only one without schedules. I was able to hide in my room and sort out my feelings. Yuri had realized something was wrong, but she didn’t ask, knowing I wouldn’t tell regardless.

            But the time of my dreaded schedule came and I had to go film that disgusting drama. I had started out looking forward to it, but now I could just drop out and I would be fine. I checked the script and felt a stab in my stomach. Why did I have to film any scene with Kyuhyun?

            He had arrived by the time I got there. I nodded at him awkwardly before going into the dressing room to change. I slipped into the formfitting dress and wondered if he even thought I was attractive. Of course not, not when he had the adorable maknae to fanboy over. When I walked out, it was all I could do to stop myself from crying.

            We walked to the school and he positioned himself    while I stood by the corner, waiting.

            I watched and waited for MinWon to leave school. After talking to that stupid witch, YooSoung, I had made a decision. If she was willing to keep up her part of the bargain, I didn’t see why I couldn’t. It wasn’t as if I was giving up too much. After all, better a boy than your life yes?

            He walked out and I admired him briefly. He really cleaned up nicely. When he saw that I was at the corner, his gait became a slight swagger and I smirked. He smirked when he came up to me and I cocked my head. What could possibly be so amusing?

            “Hyohee,” he stated my name.

            I placed a hand on his arm and slid it down slowly, smirking when I saw his Adam’s apple bob up and down. “I’ve been thinking. Maybe you’re right. Maybe I should give you a chance.”

            MinWon leaned against the fence and looked at me. For a second, I feared that I was too late. “What if I told you the offer’s been rescinded? What if I told you that I’m no longer interested?”

            I hissed. “You wouldn’t dare.”

            His face morphed into one of arrogant surprise. “Oh? And why would that be? Do you have a hold on me? Do you have a contract that states you can toy around with me whenever you damn pleased?”

            For once I was at a loss for words. Think, Hyohee! This is not your boyfriend you’re talking to. This is the love of your worst enemy. Destroy him. Honey him up and him in. I glanced up at him coyly, battering my lashes slightly. “We-ell. I just thought. But I suppose I’ll have to find someone else for me I suppose.” I turned and waved slightly.

            I haven’t walked three steps when I felt his arm clamp on my waist. “But I never said I was.” He smiled down at me and I felt a million colors burst in my vision. Witches of the dark side never gave in to love, and even if this were fabricated, it was a lot for me to handle.

            “Hyohee, I’ve waited a long time for you,” he pressed his lips against my forehead and I jerked away in surprise.

            The cameraman groaned and I blushed, knowing that I had just messed up a good scene.

            “Yoona! What? What were you thinking? Remember, you’ve given in. You’re no longer the cold witch. You’re trying! And you want to hold Kyuhyun. You can’t randomly reject him! Let’s do it again.”

            “Mi-mianhe. But do we have to have the kiss on my forehead?”

            Kyuhyun looked at me impatiently. “Yes! That wasn’t some random improve! It fits the romance of the scene and it helps with my next few lines. Now stop it. You’re just trying to sabotage my drama career.”

            I bit my lips, not willing to answer him.

            “Hyohee, I’ve waited a long time for you,” he pressed his lips against my forehead and I closed my eyes. “You’re like a goddess, did I ever tell you that? Yoosoung insisted you had a dark aura, but you’re the light in my vision. You’re the brightest goddess I’ve ever met. You’re my angel goddess. And I love everything about you.”

            “That was better. Okay, you two, this scene’s wrapped. Go take a break. When we come back, we’ll meet you tomorrow and we’re going to film your scene out. Or Seohyun’s scene. Whichever we deem prudent.” The producer waved his hand dismissively and walked out.

            I nodded at Kyuhyun and grabbed my bag, making my way out of the studio. He held me back. “Yoona, wait. Why did you leave so suddenly yesterday?”

            I couldn’t look at him. I didn’t know what to say. I shrugged and he groaned with impatience. “Are we really going to have to go through this?”

            I turned and glared at him. “Why do you care so much?”

            For once he seemed flabbergasted and had nothing to say. The arrogance was gone, and he just looked confused, as if truly reconsidering my question for the first time. Before he could even think about answering, I opened the door and walked out.

K POV

            She had a point. Why did I care so much? I shrugged and felt myself at a loss for words. She was right. I shouldn’t and didn’t care. Except I did. For reasons unknown even to me. I picked up my own messenger bag and walked out, musing.

            When I got back to the dorms, I saw that my phone had a few unanswered texts. All of them were from Seohyun. She congratulated us on our great time filming and also wanted to know if we were filming our parts tomorrow. I didn’t have the heart to respond so I just closed the tabs and went to sleep.

            I woke up to Ryeowook banging on the doors and calling my name. “Ya, why is the baby maknae always such a hard sleeper? Doesn’t he know that he has to eat dinner soon? Come on, Kyu! Ever since yesterday, you’ve seem so out of it. Tonight’s your night to spill!”

            I groaned. He even sounded like a gossipy housewife. I slipped off the covers and went to the dining table. Everyone else was gathered around and slurping their soups happily. When Donghae-hyung saw me, he pulled out a chair.

            “Talk to us,” he ordered, plopping two slabs of roast beef on my plate. I picked up my chopsticks and twirled it in my rice. “Stop that and talk and eat at the same time.”

            I sighed. “I don’t know. There’s been issues. It’s just, hey hyungs. Do any of you have an idea why Yoona left the filming scene so fast yesterday?”

            I saw Heechul and Donghae exchange knowing glances and the elder smirked. “What’s the matter? Is our shquishy wittle baby Kyu Bear worried about Yoona?” he cooed. I blushed and focused on my food.

            “No, I just wanted to know. It’s affecting her acting you know! And if our drama because of her, I want to be able to hold her responsible.”

            Heechul rolled his eyes. “Mhm, I’m sure. Well, I can tell you this. Maybe our Yoongie got a little green the other day. You know, coming over from a CF, rushing to see what was going on and getting smacked in the face with some gushy Seokyu. I would be annoyed as well.”

            I saw Ryeowook hide a laugh behind his hands and sputtered, “Bwoh? S-Seokyu? I don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re not making sense. I’d rather eat. Om nom nom.” I shoved a whole barrel of rice down my throat and avoided eye contact.

            Stupid hyungs. As if they knew better than me.

S POV

            When I got home from my MC schedules at Music Core, I was tired. I wanted to go to sleep and avoid all drama. But when I passed by YoonYul’s room I heard whispering and decided to stop. I normally never did this, but I needed to know why my unni was mad at me.

            “Yuri, this really has been bothering me. Do you think I’m pretty?”

            She scoffed. “Sweetheart, SM put us in Girl’s Generation for a reason.”

            “Yes, but do you think I’m prettier or more likable than Seohyun?” I gasped slightly and leaned against the wall, straining to hear.

            “Yo, what’s wrong with you? You can’t expect me to compare members. No, I won’t do it. What’s gotten into you Yoona? Are you sick?”

            “No,” Yoona whispered. This time she sounded close to tears. “I just really, really like Kyuhyun and I think he likes Seohyun. I don’t think I’ll ever have a chance with him.”

            Suddenly all the cold shoulders and glares made sense. She was jealous. I was at a loss. If I truly admitted to myself, I would never say I liked him. I thought I did. But, somehow, it didn’t feel right. It didn’t feel right for me to say, “I like Kyuhyun-oppa” out loud. There was someone else. And that was what I didn’t want to admit.

            There was someone else and he was adorable, underappreciated and always hard-working. He was slightly awkward but such a warm figure, which girl wouldn’t like him? I looked again at the closed doors and made a decision.

            Unni, I will get you Kyuhyun. Because we’re sisters and sisters stick together.        

 

Hello my loyal readers! There's really only 8 chapters left. WOOHOO!

Don't worry, I have more Kyuna, so be sure to go check them out. There's going to be a new Kyuna coming out soon too.

Well, isn't this turn of events interesting?