Chapter 18 - Duet Double

Caught In Between

 

K POV

            “Yoona, look over here!” I cajoled. She peeked over and squealed, turning her face around again when she saw the camera in my hands.

            Sunny laughed and struck a cute pose. “Yoona, you should just let him take your picture.”

            Yoona looked up at me from under her lashes and smiled coyly before bursting into laughter. “I can’t pose when you’re not being serious!”

            I straightened and deepened my voice. “I apologize, ma’am for my lack of professionalism. I would be deeply honored if you grace me with your modeling skills and allow me to take your picture.” She hesitated and I looked around. Seeing her phone on the bench, I grabbed it. “Well, I suppose I’ll just scroll through your contacts…”

            She lunged at me. “Aish, Kyuhyun! Give it back.”

            Completely forgetting Sunny who shot me a bemused look before inching away, I lifted the phone in the air. “Uh uh, missy. It’s Kyuhyun-oppa to you.” I waggled my fingers in her face and she stuck out her tongue. I smiled. Yoona when she wasn’t whining and being nasty could be pretty darn adorable.

            She punched me. “You’re so mean!”

            I shrugged. “You’re forgetting that I’m the evil maknae, my dear.” She sat still and glared at me. Taking advantage of this oh-so-attractive pose, I snapped a picture and ran off to my changing room, with her phone still in my hands.

            “Is our maknae done flirting?” Eunhyuk grinned at me and Sungmin patted my head. I scowled and shrugged. Whatever. They could think what they want. I casually flipped them the finger before scrolling through Yoona’s contacts. She had a lot of male contacts. And it seemed as if she contacted Taecyeon a lot. A lot, a lot.

            I felt a twinge of jealousy and pouted. Walking back to SNSD’s room, I gave the phone back to her. “Why is it that you only called me once the entire time we were filming a drama and for one commercial, you had to call Taecyeon like three bajillion times.”

            Yoona looked startled. “Were you scrolling through my call logs? Really Kyuhyun?”

            I shrugged. “Hey, I just wanted to know your business. I’m a nosey brat and I wanted things to bribe you with.”

            She stuck out her tongue. “Well, you nosey brat, I guess you’ll have to keep wondering.”

S POV

            When the concert began, I found myself suddenly sweating. I had to make sure that my duet with Kyuhyun was purely platonic and that Yoona would never think anything otherwise. We had to hold hands and sing a love song for goodness’ sakes. I wandered around and worried to myself.

            “Whoa!”

I looked up and nearly squeaked with terror. “Henry!” He was shirtless and pulling on a black wifebater. My eyes slid to his protruding abs and quickly looked away. He finished putting on his shirt and blushed.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize I’d wandered to the girls’ side. Are you almost ready for your duet with Kyuhyun?”

I nodded and he grinned. “We can always try to make her more jealous you know. Wouldn’t that be more affective?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know if I want my unni to hate me.”

He looked thoughtful. “We just need them to realize the extent of their feelings. I want to get my hyung to know how much he likes her. He’s currently still in denial. I’ll see you later, Seohyun.”

I glanced at Yoona who was currently stretching and getting ready for her dance battle later and prayed that she wouldn’t hate me.

            Like we practiced, when we came on, we were on opposite ends and slowly came together. Kyuhyun smiled encouragingly and I took his hand in mine. Everyone in the audience cheered and I continued singing. We leaned closer together and in the end, we had to look at one another.

            “Just find a way back into love,” Kyuhyun sang and I knew exactly why my unni would hate me if I liked him. He was so charismatic and I knew that if it weren’t for someone else, I would definitely like him. He smiled at me and I was glad that she liked such a good person. They deserve each other.

            We bowed and the audience clapped happily. Someone threw a Seokyu sign on stage and I looked at it before smiling sadly. Unfortunately, that was not meant to be true. We walked backstage and I nudged Yoona forward.

            “Unni, knock them dead with your dancing.”

            She stopped chewing on her lip and smiled. “You were really good out there with Kyuhyun.” Her words sounded slightly sad.

            I put a hand on her arm. “Aniya, oppa just knows how to take care of his hoobaes. I saw him admiring you when you were practicing just then.” She blushed and ducked her head and I smiled to myself.

K POV

            I watched from backstage and tried to fight back a glistening sense of envy as I watched Yoona dance with Eunhyuk. Her movements were smooth and she smiled seductively at the camera. Her shirt was baring her midriff and I sighed. Yoona was pretty good at what she does, I had to admit.

            I remembered the shy way she blushed when I took away her phone and wondered if she was like this with everyone. I only had one more day of filming with her, and then that would be it. We would go back to our corners of the industry and only come together during certain events. I shook my head and turned to see Seohyun watching me. She smiled and I waved. And then there was always Seohyun. 

 

LOOOK. ♥

tumblr_lmrtuirwhR1qcyj59o1_500.gif

I'll try my best to update more often. I want to finish this story :3