Chapter 7 - You Scream Ice Cream

Caught In Between

Y POV

            After Kyuhyun walked out of the showers, he nodded gruffly at me and told me to come with him to the dorms to get Seohyun. My heart raced at the sight of him. He was scowling, his amazing lips pouting. His hair was still wet and dripped down his neck, trailing into his shirt. I couldn’t stop staring. He waved his hand in front of my face and rolled his eyes when I started, realizing that he was waiting for a response.

            “Aish, this pabo. What an airhead. She’s lost in her own world.”

            “Hmm? I’m sorry. I’m coming.” He nodded curtly and walked out of the studio without a backwards glance to see if I was following.

            We walked silently to the dorms. “Oppa? I’m so sorry for throwing the cake in your face. I hope you understand that it’s all part of the drama, nothing personal.”

            He was silent until his tone came out offended. “Do you honestly think I’m that unprofessional that I’m going to throw a fit over something that happened because it was scripted ? Of course I know it was nothing personal. What have I ever done to you to deserve that anyway?”

            I was a little miffed to hear the haughty arrogance in his voice but nodded. “Arrasso, if you say so. I just don’t like people mad at me, gosh.” I adopted his lofty tone.

            He reached the door and opened it with a key. The living room light glowed brightly from the hallways and we heard soft voices coming from within. We turned the corner and Seohyun was sitting on the couch with her foot on Henry’s lap???

            I rubbed at my eyes to see if I was seeing right. I was. What was this? They didn’t even know each other and they were already so intimate. But a smug satisfaction came over me. This meant I didn’t have to worry about Seo as a rival.

            “Unni!” she whipped her foot down and tried to rise. Henry put out his hands to steady her and he nodded at me. “Hyung,” he said to Kyuhyun.

            I dared a look at Mr. Perfect and saw his face mirrored mine in shock. “Ahem, I see you took good care of her?” he asked authoritatively. “Seohyun-ni are you feeling better?” I felt irritation prick at me. Why should he care?

            She blushed and dipped her head. “Neh, thank you for allowing me to come here. Henry-oppa has been great company.” Kyu nodded. He took Seohyun from Henry and handed her to me.

            “I guess I’ll trust you to take her home safely.”

            I sneered at him, jealousy blinding my thoughts. “Of course, I’m her unni. But why are you so concerned?”

            He shrugged and walked us to the door. “Good night.” The door closed firmly behind us.

S POV

            There was something about Henry that intrigued me. He seemed caring as well as kind. I knew he received a lot of hurtful messages from ELFs who shouldn’t call themselves ELFs. I fully supported fifteen. I was glad he was the one to take care of me. But most of all, I was thrilled at the obvious concern Kyuhyun had for me.

            Due to my unnis’ excessive care, my ankle has been iced, bandaged and treated with ointment all throughout the night. By the time I woke up, it had swelled. I was able to go back and finish filming yesterday’s scene as well as today’s.

            I walked into the set and everyone clapped. “Yay! Seohyunnie’s better.” Kyuhyun came up to me and smiled at me sweetly. My heart beat accelerated. I turned to see Yoona walk in right behind me and there was a scowl on her pretty face. What happened?

            We walked back out to the fields to re-film the scene where we almost kiss. I took in a deep breath. I was ready for this. Kyuhyun poked me and winked. “Don’t trip and fall again. I know I’m scary but not enough that you’ll want to run away and hurt yourself.” I giggled at his wittiness and we earned glares from Yoona. What was wrong with her?

            MinWon chased after me and I spread my arms wide, feeling the wind blow past me. The fresh scent of flowers perfumed the air. I was able to forget about everything except that I was with him. “Oomph!” I was tackled to the ground.

            Strong long arms encircled my waist as we rolled down the hill together. The scenery blurred as I only saw the black flash of his shirt and the green of the grass. When we came to a halt at the bottom of the hill, I found myself staring up at his flushed face. Silence settled as we looked into each other’s eyes. A tiny huff of breath escaped his perfect lips and I closed my eyes slowly. My heart was about to leap from my throat.

            Suddenly, the light hit me and the air rushed me again. My eyes popped open and MinWon was standing off to the side, looking down at me with red cheeks but his signature smirk. “Caught you again.”

            “That’s a wrap! Okay, so the next scene will be Kyuhyun-shi asking Seohyun for help. He has another encounter with Yoona at the end. That’s where he exudes confidence and reminds her that the cake incident is not to be forgiven. Yoona, you show no fear and scoff at his threat,” the PD called out.

            Yoona nodded and furiously studied her script. The van took us down to another street and this was when we were walking home.

            “YooSoung, I have a favor to ask of you,” MinWon spoke seriously. I turned to look at him questioningly. What could he possibly want from me that he had to be so solemn?

            “Sure, anything for my best friend.”

            “You know that the school dance is in two more weeks right?”

            A giddy feeling entered me and euphoria drowned my other emotions. Could he be asking me to it? I nodded, slightly breathless.

            “You know Hyohee right?”

            The happiness was replaced by a sinking despair. I was not liking where this was headed. “Yes, I do. We’re not close. I just talk to her for school.”

            A relieved look entered his handsome face. “Oh good. Can you please talk to her? You know, get her to know me better. Maybe talk me up a bit? I want to ask her to the dance and it would be awkward if I approached her you know? I mean you girls talk all the time.”

            I bit back the bitterness that rose in my throat. I wanted to say no. “MinWon, I really don’t know her that well. It would be equally awkward if I started advocating you. She would think you were desperate.”

            “Oh come on, please! Everybody likes you. It won’t be awkward at all. Tell you what, I’ll try and set you up with somebody too! There, it’s a deal. I’ll find you a date and you help warm Hyohee to me.” He grinned and held out his hand.

            I looked at it in contempt. “I don’t want a date.”

            His face fell. “But, I really like her. Please?” He gave me his patented puppy eyes. I closed my eyes in defeat. Who could resist this child?
            “Fine, fine. But if she breaks your heart, you can’t blame me.”

            I had tears in my eyes after we finished filming this scene. Although it was just a drama, I couldn’t believe the pain the character must be going through. I watched as Kyuhyun put on his cool outfit for his next scene with Yoona. Thank goodness he wasn’t interested in her.

Y POV

            I was ready for this next scene. Watching Kyuhyun and Seohyun filming together was enough to make me gag. They looked so sweet together, I couldn’t control my jealousy. This was such an irrational feeling for me. I love our maknae. But for some reason when it comes to Kyu, it seems I’m capable of all emotions. When they rolled down the hill, I wanted to be the one who has Kyuhyun’s breath blowing in my face. I wanted to be the one who was able to hold on to him and to feel his body on mine. Lucky girl. Instead my role is to push him away.

            I watched in silent agony until their scene finally ended and it was my turn. It gave me a sick satisfaction to see Seohyun, I meant YooSoung’s agony at having to give Kyu-MinWon­ to me, I mean Hyohee. Aish, I hated having to think in terms of the drama. Keep it realistic, Yoona, I scolded myself. I was getting too wrapped up into the show.

            MinWon approached me, this time looking like a completely different person. He had on shades and a leather jacket. Giving me a cool stare, he spoke. “Hyohee, you’re going to regret throwing that cake in my face. You’re not as allusive as you like to think you are. I will get you.” He spoke in a melodic rich voice.

            It took a while for me to realize that this was the nerd who gave me the cake on my birthday. What a transformation, what desperation. I smirked. “Do you really think you’re going to get away with that threat?” The magic tingled in my fingers and I ached to use it. Calm yourself, Hyohee.

            He didn’t look startled. Instead he just took a step closer. “I will get you if that’s the last thing I do.” The proximity of his face near mine caused me to be slightly dizzy. I didn’t know anyone would have such an effect on me.

            I bit my lips. Breathe, you’re the one in power here. Do not lose to this boy. He placed his face in front of mine. It seemed as if he was able to lean in when a hand clapped on his shoulder and he was pulled away. I sneered. It was that innocent girl YooSoung.

            I could read her aura. She is one of us. But judging by the light color and the naiveté of her appearance, I’m assuming she was a good witch. I read her emotions. She was in love, with the boy who obviously wants me. My grin grew wider. This was getting good.

            When we finished filming, I was a little disappointed. I was getting into character! I had Kyuhyun so close to me. I sighed. Next time. I clapped my hands, anticipating my evilness. “Seohyun! Come, we need to work on one monologue.”

            Seeing that she left, I grabbed Kyuhyun by the shoulder. “Oppa, come. Let’s go get some ice cream okay?” He gave me a bewildered look.

            “Why? I got the feeling that you didn’t like me.”

            I pouted. “Oppa, I was just getting into character. Yeesh. My treat! And I heard they have a new flavor called Creamy Starchips. It’s based on StarCraft or whatever that game is.”

            He grinned widely. “Chincha? You’re on!” I smiled and we walked out towards the bakery where he filmed.

            The ahjumma recognized us and grinned. “You two are such a cute couple. Did you apologize to your handsome boyfriend for having to reject him?” she patted my cheeks and bustled to get us the ice cream.

            I blushed. “Kamsahamnida, ahjumma.” She giggled and wiggled her eyebrows at me. Kyuhyun took my hand and led me to a separate booth by the corner.

            “You didn’t correct her,” he mused.

            “What?” I was slightly irritated by his smug expression.

            “You didn’t tell her that you weren’t my girlfriend. Why not?”

            “Ya, why ruin a nice lady’s fantasy? Just let her think that. It does no harm. I mean, it’s not like you like me right?” I tried to appear nonchalant.

            Kyuhyun shrugged. “Whatever you weirdo. So why would you want to invite me to ice cream? Admit it. You like me.”

            I turned red and tried to hide it. “Aniyo! I just wanted to see if you had any tips on our next scene. This is the one where you ask me out and you appear totally hot and try to seduce me. Apparently, I play along and pretend to fall for your charms. But at the end, I reveal that I only do this because I want to hurt Seohyun. How do you want to do the seducing scene? I mean, I don’t want things to be awkward.”

            He leaned against the chair and smiled evilly. “My charms really do work well don’t they? Any girl will fall for them. It’s okay Yoona. I’ll just do what the script says and if you respond to it, I’ll just chalk it up to my hotness.”

            “Ya, Cho Kyuhyun! Stop being such an arrogant pighead.” I scolded him. He only smiled wider. I used my spoon to dab ice cream on his nose. “Not so hot with food on your face.”

            He pushed the entire cone into my face and I squealed at the coldness of it. We played around before the ahjumma approached us with napkins. “Ahh, young love. It’s so adorable.” We stuttered, trying to deny everything but she only winked.

            As we walked out, I muttered, “I hate you Cho Kyuhyun.”

            “Likewise Im Yoona.”

 

So a bunch of you wanted to know who the face behind all these stories is. And so here it is. XD I'm doing it for all my stories, so you'll be seeing my face for a while if you're subscribed to a bunch of my stories. 

ws6j.jpg

Sorry, I am not a pretty child D:

 

Name: Jill

Age: 16

Ethnicity: Taiwanese but I live in the US

Favorite Boy Group: Super Junior 

               Biases: Hyukjae, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Ryeowook, Sungmin

Favorite Girl Group: Girl's Generation

               Biases: Yoona, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung

Ultimate Bias: Hyukjae ♥

Husbands: Hyukjae, Onew, Kyuhyun

Follow me on Twitter? Sure, just tell me who you are/username and what story you subscribed to. iheartzsj ♥ and I love you guys~ 

And because junior year is starting, I'm going to be updating less. Or I will be superhuman (which I am not) and defy the odds. But if you don't hear from me in a while, know that I will be back ♥ And how y is Kyuhyun in that picture? ;) Yoona and I likes ^-^