Chapter 12 - Goddess

Caught In Between

 

S POV

            When I walked into the studios, I didn’t want to film the next part. Our weeks of filming were rapidly coming to an end. I cannot picture having to end and go back to my very secluded and rare meetings with Kyuhyun. Today was going to be a depressing filming; I can feel it.

            When I entered, Kyuhyun was already there. He was in the school uniform, but I couldn’t help but drool a tiny bit. He really did look very good. He looked up and smiled easily when he saw me.

            “Seohyunnie! Are you ready to film our big scene?”

            I coughed, to hide the fact that inside I was heartbroken. Once again, I was allowing this drama to take over too much of my realistic mindset. I looked down and tried to prepare myself. I was glad that I would need the tears for later.

            We took our positions alongside the road.

            I turned to face him. MinWon, the love of my life, was currently staring off into space, daydreaming about a girl who didn’t even pay him a single thought. “Hey, you.”

            He startled and turned to look at me. “What is it?”

            “I did what you asked. I got you a date for the party. I talked to her, and she said she will do it. You can thank me now.”

            He rushed at me and hugged me tightly. “YooSoung-shi, you’re the best! Oh, this is great. I can’t wait for prom now. I’ll find you a date!”

            I struggled out of his embrace, and tried to fight the tears that were working their way up my throat. “Ya, I don’t need a date. I don’t think we should be friends either. Hyohee’s really possessive.”

            MinWon looked surprised. “That’s absurd. I don’t know what you’re talking about. How can I just drop a friend? I don’t care whether she’s possessive or not. That’s not cool.”

            All the hurt bubbled over. “Ya, do you want the girl or not? When I asked her, she said the one condition was that I give you up as a friend! Now can you leave me alone? I got you the girl. Be happy and good luck with your life.” I cried and started to walk rapidly away.

            “YooSoung! Come back over here. You can’t just leave me alone. We’ve known each other since forever. I’ll talk to Hyohee. She’ll come around.”

            “No, MinWon!” then with my heart breaking, I used my magic to disorient him momentarily so I can run away and cry in peace.

            It’s finally over. My years of friendship, my years of loving him is all over. I tried to control my sobs but only felt the despair override me over and over. Maybe it was a good thing that the next thing to do was to die. I’m sorry, I whispered to the coven of witches who were counting on me.

            “Well, well, looks like the little good fairy said good bye to her oppa.” I looked up and saw Hyohee smirking at me.

            The scene ended. Yoona walked back to the dressing room so she can prepare for her rehearsal and I was left alone, trying to stop crying. He walked over and tugged at my cheeks. “Smile a bit, will you? You’re such an amazing actress. The way you cried was so realistic.”

            I beamed at him, proud that he had noticed enough to compliment me. I shrugged demurely. “Aniyo, Yoona-unni is so much better.” He laughed and patted my arm. “You two have fun rehearsing, I’m going to go shopping. Unni, our dorms are almost out of food. I’m going to go shopping for some.”

            There was only a grunt of reply from Yoona. I felt a bit disheartened. Ever since I confessed my feelings to her, she has been avoiding me. That was why I planned on making kimchi panckaes, her favorite food.

            I walked into town and entered the large supermarket where most of SM’s artists go. All the workers knew us and were kind to help in case any fans went overboard. It was really safe and very welcoming. I wandered around the store and gathered the ingredients, before throwing in things that I would need to make ice shavings.

            When I reached the checkout line, I heard someone speaking Korean laced with an English accent. I recognized the red cap and the leather jacket and giggled to myself. As I approached, I saw Henry rapidly try to count out the money. He was struggling to count out the bills and coins.

            “Ego olma-imnika?”he asked awkwardly. “O-sip won?” The cashier tried to suppress a smile when he triumphantly handed over the money, proud of himself for understanding and getting it right. 

            I placed my basket gently next to his and poked him. “Boo!”He jumped a mile, scattering the few coins he had out. He turned and blushed when he saw it was me.

            “Oh, hey, you scared me for a second.”

I glanced over at the money he handed to the lady and took back a few bills. “You over-counted. And it’s not fifty won, it’s really only forty. Keke, I guess someone still needs a Korean tutor.”

            “Oh, th-thanks. Gosh, I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here. Hehe, er, what are you doing here? I mean, I know. Being a maknae means you are bullied around by your noona- no your unnis right? Ha, cause my hyungs always make me work for them too.” He stuttered. Clearly my appearance has shocked him to the point of making him forget his conversational Korean.

            I smiled at him and paid for my groceries. “Ha, I’m just trying to up. One of my unnis is a little annoyed at me. But it’s okay. I’m going to make it all up to her.” He nodded in understanding.

H POV

            I never imagined I would be seeing her again, in a supermarket no less. I knew being part of SM meant we would see each other around, but ever since Ryeowook-hyung had figured out my feelings, I’ve been trying hard to make sense of them.

            When she showed up next to me, I have to admit, my heart almost jumped out of my chest. She was standing there, smiling like a goddess. Come to think of it, it was really fitting that TRAX had her star in their music video, Goddess. Gah, Henry Lau! Stop being so disgustingly cheesy.

            “What are you planning on making her then?”

            “She likes kimchi pancake and I’m going to make shaved ice.”

            I grinned. “Did you know that shaved ice is actually a dessert that came from my country? Taiwanese people started it.”

            She giggled. “Mhm, it’s so good, I love it. Hey, Henry-oppa, I hope this isn’t too offensive, but are the antis still against you?”

            I looked down and all of a sudden the grocery bags I was holding seemed to weight me down. “You don’t have to answer if it bothers you,” she added in a hurry.

            “No, it’s okay. I guess they still do, but because SJM is getting more and more popular, I guess they’re learning to appreciate me more. But it’s okay. I have all my hyungs. It’s really funny because at first Leeteuk-hyung really didn’t like me that much. I guess he’s just a xenophobe, completely scared of strangers.”

            She looked thoughtful. “Well, I don’t understand how you can possibly still have antis. You’re so talented. You’ve been on Strong Heart and your Korean is really good. Honestly, all those people who bash you don’t deserve to be known as ELFs. I know they’re used to the old Super Junior, but you’re a part of them now too.”

            I wanted to burst with happiness. To hear this encouraging speech coming from the girl I just might like really helped my ego. “Do you want to come with me to the dorms and watch me cook? My unnis will love to have you over.”

            My eyes widened. Did she really just –

            “Ahaha, you look so surprised. Yes, I really did just invite you over. Do you want to?” she asked, as if reading my mind.

            I beamed. “Of course!”

K POV

            It was my first time alone with Yoona since the dog park incident. She avoided my gaze, and it took all my courage to go up to her and tap her shoulder. “Come on, Yoona, we need to practice. Producer won’t be too happy if when it comes to filming day, we still don’t know our lines.”

            She nodded at me and we walked to the middle of the empty studio. We went through our lines until we got to the awkward part. She jabbed at the script and flopped down on her stomach. “This is so stupid. I can’t believe we have to kiss each other. I mean, I thought Korea wouldn’t allow this.”

            Somehow the idea of kissing her was extremely appealing. But I shrugged. “I’ll just raise my hand and cover the part up so we don’t actually have to do it. I mean, I would do it if I had to. It’s only professional. Changmin’s done it. So can I.”

            She giggled. “You two are really always competing aren’t you?”

            I pretended to be offended. No, I’m actually slightly offended. “What do you mean by always competing? Psh, I am the head of the Kyuline. He’s the wannabe. I’m the more talented one. There is no comparison.”

            Yoona rolled her eyes. “I don’t know. I sort of think Changmin would be better boyfriend material than you though.”

            Ouch. “Hey, sweetheart, who cares? I’m sure the other girls out there think I’m better material, and that’s all matters. You can go date Mr. Max if you like, but I can continue to be my awesomeness, thank you very much.”

            Yoona swatted me. “Ya, how did we go from our script to Changmin? Psh, I don’t really like Changmin that way.”

            I couldn’t help it. I wanted to know. “Oh? Then who do you like that way?”

Y POV

            A couple of heartbeats passed. Kyuhyun’s beautiful face was pressed closer to mine as he leaned in inquisitively. The question hung in the air and I gulped. “Nobody. I don’t like anyone. Go away.” And I stood up to break the heavy feeling that seemed to have settled around us. 

 

Woohoo, it's my own year anniversary and I'm excited to be mass updating ♥ I hope you all continue to support me as well as Kyuna~

Happy New Years as well! Monkey Emoticons