Chapter 5 - People Meet

Caught In Between

 

S POV

            I skipped the entire length of the hallway and entered the filming studio. I spent all night studying the script. Apparently today’s part is the very first scenes of the drama. It was mainly to establish my friendship with Kyuhyun. I get a few voice overs as I muse about how Kyuhyun and I grew up. I shivered slightly in happy anticipation.

            I got to run in the meadow with him, splash in water, walk down the halls in school and have him lean to me and talk to me. I smiled to myself and pushed open the doors. I expected to find only Kyuhyun, but Yoona was already there. What??? Oh right. She had one scene to film. The scene where they introduce her and Kyu gets to drool over her. I scowled.

            Yoona was dressed in a miniskirt with a formfitting blouse. I in my stomach and held my head up to appear even taller than I was. Kyu looked up from his laptop and winked over at me. I would have died if I wasn’t trying to maintain my dignity.

            Yoona was perched next to him on the arm of the sofa. When she saw me, she waved lazily and smiled a little coldly. Maybe it was just my imagination. She slid further down until she was squeezing in next to Kyu. “Ohh, oppa, what is that? I want to see!” she breathed, leaning into the computer. Kyuhyun glared at her and shut the laptop.
            I smirked in satisfaction before remembering this was my unni, my sister and I was not going to catfight over a guy. Much less one she doesn’t genuinely like. She’s been in a drama before. She’s just trying to get into character.

            The cameraman saw me and nodded. “Good, I was scared I had to film Yoona’s scene first. Perfect. First up is showing Seohyun in school. You’re talking about your best friend and how much you love him. Then we pan over to Kyuhyun and you walking in the hallways and you’re teasing each other. Yoona, if you like, you can stay here and memorize your lines.”

            He led us out to the next building. It was a small high school. The students stared in awe when we walked in. But they were told to act natural, so there were no screaming. I sat in the classroom and stared at Kyuhyun as he scribbled in his notebook, his tongue sticking out of his mouth. My gosh, he looks so hot in a uniform.

            “MinWon is my best friend. I don’t know how I get through an entire day without him. I try to keep my feelings a secret but I’m afraid it’s too obvious. Every time I see him, he makes my day.” I blushed, embarrassed with this boring monologue. Kyuhyun walked up to me and slid a paper on my desk. Winking, he sat back down before the teacher came in.

            It was an adorable picture of me puffing my cheeks with a flower in my hand. This was the start of the drama. I tried to slide the paper under my notes but the teacher hovered in front of me. “Kim YooSoung, what is that you’re hiding?” he tapped my notebook.

            I grinned weakly and coughed nervously. I tried to fumble for a lie before Kyu-MinWon spoke up. “Teacher, it’s a drawing I made. I wanted to show YooSoung-shi. I’m sorry.” He smiled cutely. The teacher glared but kept his mouth shut. His policy was confession will not receive punishment.

            We walked down the hallway and he leaned into me. “YooSoung, you should thank me. I saved your life today in math.”

            “Bwoh? MinWon, you’re the one who gave me the paper in the first place!” I pushed him and he bumped into a girl. She turned to glare at us and time stopped. I felt a prickling on the back of my neck. She whipped her brunette hair and continued gliding down the hallway.

            MinWon grabbed my arm. “That’s the girl I want to ask to prom.” I gaped at my friend, certain he has run mad.

            That girl is Hyohee. She’s the most popular girl in school. But I know she has a secret. I could feel it in the dark aura that surrounds her. The look she cast me was thick with evil. I pulled MinWon away. “You are a crazy idiot,” I hissed.

            “Very good! Let’s cut. We’re going to head over to the park where you two are chasing each other. Remember, Kyuhyun, you don’t like her. But you , flirt with her without meaning to. Put in a little more emotion into this,” the director called out.

            We walked over to the nearby fields. “These are short shots, so just run a few yards, stop, and we’ll see if we have to do it again. I want you to tackle her to the ground later though and you guys almost kiss, but Kyuhyun will jump up and smile. Go!”

            I raced down the field, feeling the fresh air blow against my face. I spread my arms wide and heard MinWon shout after me. I didn’t turn to see where he was. It was exhilarating to be running downhill. Then suddenly my foot struck a rock.

            My mind scattered as I tried to use my arms to brace my fall. I heard Kyuhyun’s cry of alarm then his body force slammed into me. My ankle crushed underneath my leg and I heard something snap. There was no pain as of yet. He scrambled to get off me and the moment his weight was lifted, all the blood raced to my feet.

            He gently helped me untangle my limbs. As I put weight on my left ankle, a throbbing pain pulsed through it. I yelped and used his strong arms as support. I winced as every step placed pain on the twisted ankle. Kyuhyun shook his head slowly and lifted me by the waist.

            “I would hold you bridal style, but we’re not filming We Got Married,” he joked. Then his intense eyes grew serious. “Seohyunnie, you need to be more careful. Come on. We’re going back to Yoona.”

Y POV

            I sat in the waiting room, trying not to grow impatient. It’s been two hours and the director still hasn’t called for me. I was about to get up to watch their filming when the doors opened. The first thing I noticed was Kyuhyun’s arm around Seohyun’s waist. My mouth dropped open. What the heck?

            I stood there, trying to comprehend. Then his adorable curly head poked out to tell me. “Seohyun twisted her ankle while filming. Can you take her back to your dorms?”

            I walked over to my dongsaeng. “Seohyunnie! Are you okay?” She nodded and smiled. “Good, sit down. Kyuhyun can’t keep holding you.” He carried her over to the sofa.

            The director came in with a harried look on his face. “Must you guys waste time going back to SNSD’s dorms? It’s quite far.”

            Kyuhyun stood up. “You can’t expect to leave her here. You need someone to take care of her. I have an idea! My dorms aren’t far from here. I’ll take her there and have the other members take care of her. It’ll be fine. We’re all very good people.”

            The director looked relieved and waved them off. “Come back soon. We have a budget to meet as well as a schedule. Yoona, get ready for your scene with Kyuhyun.”

            I watched in dismay as Kyuhyun picked Seohyun up bridal style and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Jealousy bit at me and I tried to swallow back the tears. He carefully maneuvered her around the scattered furniture and from through the window, he broke into a run.

            His obvious dedication to her tugged at my heartstrings, in all the wrong ways. It wasn’t sweet. It was hurtful and it stinks to be the third wheel. I took out my compact mirror and checked my appearance. When Kyu comes back, I want to look heartbreakingly gorgeous.

K POV

            I ran all the way back to the dorms. It was only when I was at the front door that I remembered they all had schedules. I opened the doors hesitatingly and mentally cursed my stupidity. I tried to think of something to tell her when I heard a sleepy voice call out, “Who is it?” Slippered feet came around the corner.

            I looked up and saw Henry. Thank you Mochi. You just saved your Maknae-hyung’s . “Henry! You don’t have schedules?”

            “No, I just got here. Who’s that?” he had a banana in his mouth and looked like a child as he stared at Seohyun. I placed her on the couch. “Your girlfriend?” he asked in English.

            I glared at him. “Aniyo. This is Seohyun. She’s working with me on the drama. But she twisted her ankle. So I took her here so she can have care. I forgot the other members had schedules. Please take care of her while I film?”

            He nodded, already transfixed by her. I rolled my eyes. little children. I waved goodbye to the two of them and ran all the way back to the set.

H POV

            I hovered in front of the living room. The atmosphere was awkward. I finally stuck out my hand. “Annyeonghaseyeo, I’m Super Junior M’s Henry.”

            The gorgeous girl smiled at me. “Hi, I’m Girl’s Generation’s Seohyun.” 

 

Finished: July 26. This is part of my goal to update ALL my stories the day of their comeback.

MR. SIMPLE I AM IN LOVE WITH IT. RETURN OF THE SUPERIOR ♥

My Love, My Kiss, My Heart- Yes Kyu, Wookie, Yeye, you are my always~

Good Friends- cries at the translations. never leave us