Chapter 11 - You Against Me

Caught In Between

 

S POV

            “Unni, come on, let’s go! Today’s our scene together. It’s going to be a bit awkward, but we can do it,” I cheerfully bopped Yoona on the head and she peeked out from under her pillow. Ever since yesterday, she seemed to be in a better mood. I wonder what had happened between her and Kyuhyun-oppa. But I knew whatever it was must have been something friendly, because she didn’t like him like that.

            Yoona smiled and motioned for me to give her one more minute, but I sat on her legs and she squealed. “Arrasso! Get off me, maknae. I’m awake now. Never mess with the wicked witch,” she cackled and stumbled into the bathroom. I smiled, happy that we were on such good terms again. For a while, things were getting weird.

            A few hours later, we were at the filming studio. The camera crew crowded around us and demanded that we provide with them an intense scene. We looked at one another and grinned. We could do this.

            I dreaded having to talk to Hyohee, but I had no other choice. I promised MinWon that I would do this, and there was no backing out. I studied the back of her brunette head and wanted to slap her. She turned, as if sensing my fury and her perfect smile widened.

            I lengthened my stride to catch up to her and she tilted her head, waiting for me to speak.

            “You’re one of us,” her voice startled me and I glared at her. She laughed in amusement. “You’re a witch. But you’re one of the nice ones, the do-gooders. And now you’re here, once more, trying to help out your little friend. Why don’t you people ever learn? There is no mercy in the world. We were banished by humans for a reason.”

            My lips curled. So she knew who I was. “Well, it’s clear that you and your heathen still hold a grudge. Is it my fault the rest of us have decided to move on?”

            She waved her hand in the air, as if dismissing my jibe. “Hurry up. What do you want from me.”

            “You know I hate having to do this, but he asked me to.”

            “Right, and the little good girl always does what her fantasy boyfriend wants. You’re pathetic. Can’t you see he’ll never love you?” she sneered, and I could feel the dark aura around her start to grow. My hands curled by my sides and I tried to keep calm.

            I tried to channel my own energy in case the need arose for me to protect myself. She smirked. “Don’t bother. I’m stronger than you are. Just spit out what you came to beg for, and we’ll make ourselves a deal.”

            “Cut! Very good girls, very intense. Take a break until we come back for more.”

            We broke our hard glares, and smiled. Yoona placed an arm around my shoulder and led me into the cafeteria. “Gosh, I cannot picture girls fighting over one guy,” I commented. She smiled a little tightly and shrugged.

            “I don’t know, some girls’ wraths are impossible. I guess it’s better to not like guys.” She lamented before winking at me, dispelling her previously serious expression.

Y POV

            I tried to bite back the harsh words on my tongue. This is your sister, and didn’t you just spend an entire day with Kyuhyun? I smiled back at Seohyun and anticipated our next scene.

            YooSoung faltered slightly and her confidence seemed to have fallen a bit. She stammered a bit and I cocked an eyebrow, daring her to make a move. “Fine, you already know what I need you to do. Go out with Kyuhyun.”

            I smirked. Life wouldn’t be so easy. I shook my head slowly and circled her twice. She twirled around, following me with wide, distrusting eyes. I stopped in front of her once more and placed my face near hers, barely speaking in a whisper. “You fool. I’m going to need you to make the ultimate sacrifice. Go ahead. You know what you need to do to keep the balance. Right now, we’re outnumbered, ten good fairies to nine of us. All you have to do is drop out, and give up your powers. That’s all.”

            She stood there, shocked, rooted to the spot. “G-give up my powers? But, I can’t. Because that would mean…”

            My grin widened. “Yes, you silly goose. That is exactly what I want you to do. Is your life really more important than your true love’s happiness? Oh, questions, questions. I just ask for your soul, that’s all.”

            Yoosoung hesitated, and I sensed that maybe I had miscalculated. Maybe she didn’t love him enough to want to make such a large sacrifice. I walked away. “Well, I guess if you’re so unwilling, he’ll have to find another girl to set his sights on. But you know that won’t happen. When MinWon wants something, he doesn’t stop until he gets it. But he won’t be getting me.”

            I was halfway down the block when I felt her hand land on my shoulder. “Why?”

            “Isn’t it obvious? I hate you. If you never came into play, the balance of powers would never have been disrupted. And now, it’s come to the point where there’s nothing I can do to keep the scales from tilting. If I get rid of you, things will go back to normal.”

            She shook her head. “I can’t do this. They were hoping to use me to get ahead. But, MinWon, I don’t know.”

            I shrugged. “Then so be it. Boy can hurt a while. I’ve heard about his chronic depressions, have you?”

            That did the trick. Her snapped up and she tried to control the tears. “Fine, I’ll do it. Promise me you will treat him well at least. Have a heart Hyohee.”

            I wanted to laugh in her face. If only I was that nice. But I pictured MinWon’s face, determined and striking. Maybe, maybe. I suppose if she was willing to make this sacrifice, I can make something out of it. “Yes, why not.”

            When we ended, we looked at one another and burst out into laughter. “This has to be the world’s corniest drama ever. Am I supposed to be an evil witch or not? Psh, giving in because I think Kyu-MinWon is striking. As if,” I snorted, and waved the thought out of the air as if it was too ridiculous to even think about.

            Seohyun nodded and took my hand. “Let’s go to the salon. We need to get our hair fixed for next week’s performances anyway.”

            A few hours later, we sat under the perming machine, waiting for our hair to be lightly curled. Seohyun looked over at me and seemed to hesitate slightly. “Unni, I have to tell you something. I don’t know how to properly word this. I think I might like Kyuhyun-oppa.” The last words of her sentence was spoken so lightly I hoped I had misheard.

            “What? You like who?”

            She blushed and averted her eyes. “Kyuhyun-oppa.” All the blood rushed into my head and I tried to breathe. The entire time I thought Kyuhyun liked her, my only consolation was that she couldn’t possibly like him back. And now, all my fears of Seokyu is cementing, and my world was crashing down right around me.

            I forced myself to smile a bit. “Oh Seohyunnie, why?”

            Her face softened and she looked wistful. “Well, it’s his voice. I love listening to him sing and he also has the greatest personality. He always tries to act tough, but inside he’s just a big softie. He’s adorable and has an amazing sense of humor. It doesn’t hurt that he is the baby of the group. He knows how to act manly and be cute at the same time.”

            I scoffed. “He’s too old for you. Besides, I’ve heard from others that he is a mega player. I’m just saying what I’ve heard through the grape vine. Where do you see the big softie part? He’s a pompous, arrogant bastard. I hate to rain on your parade sweetie, but he’s so rude to me every time we film together.”

            The timer clicked and silence fell as the curls were taken out of our hair. By the time everything was blow-dried and styled, I had yet to think of the perfect plan.

            “Seohyun, of all the guys why do you like him so much? What if he hurts you? He’s spoiled by his hyungs. He would never know how to treat a girl right.”

            She was silent and I felt a stab of irritation. She had an annoying habit of falling silent whenever she disagreed with a statement but was too polite to admit it. “You don’t believe me. Fine. If you get hurt, don’t hate me if I tell you I told you so.” I stomped into our dorms, promptly closing the door behind me and leaving her to her brooding. 

 

Thank you for patiently waiting ^^

Another update soon

Check out: You Don't Love Me, So I'll Have to Shoot You

You're an Idiot, Cho Kyuhyun