Chapter 10 - Puppy Love

Caught In Between

 

K POV

            The next morning, I woke up with a weirdly happy smile on my face. I just had the weirdest dream. Somehow, I was able to win the StarCraft tournament and life was good. To make my day even better, I didn’t have a schedule today. Time to make that dream come true. I walked into the kitchen and the other members looked up.

            Eunhyuk walked up to me. “Oh, thank goodness. So apparently you’re the only one without a schedule. Can you take care of Choco for a day? I’m sorry, I know you wanted to relax. But it’s really only for two hours. Take him to the new dog park, play around and then come back. It’ll be fun, I promise.”

            I scowled. “But, I wanted a break! I work too hard. Hmmphs, why, hyung, why?”

            He patted my shoulder. “Please? I promise you I will let you do whatever you want to me when we get back okay? Either way, hyung will owe you.”

            I sighed. Who could say no to him? Not even the evil maknae. “Arrasso. But then you can’t complain the next time I’m up playing StarCraft okay?”

            “Thanks! I’ll leave the directions to the park right here.” He placed a piece of paper next to me. I glanced down and sighed. What have I gotten myself into? I really did not need to have this extra responsibility. I don’t even like dogs! I slumped in my chair and had a mini stare down with Choco.

            The dog blinked back at me with bright brown eyes and bared its teeth. It yipped and I groaned. My one rare day off and what do I have to do? I get bullied into taking care of a vicious dog. The energy this dog has is enough to make me tired to the bone. I walked into my room and started playing StarCraft. This was the life. A few hours later, my eyes got blurry and it was three in the afternoon.

            I heard a pitiful bark and jolted out of my seat. Shoot! I had forgotten about the dog! I ran downstairs and threw on a hoodie. I yanked the leash off its hook and tied it around Choco’s neck. He barked happily and I took the directions. We walked down the block and I pulled up my hood so nobody would bother me. I led the dog run around a bit and entered the dog park.

            Oh my gosh. Barks and growls filled the air and I wished for my headphones. What have I done to deserve this? Some owners had let their pets loose and dogs were chasing each other all around me. Choco strained at his leash and I tried to walk faster to keep up at his pace. Now I know why Eunhyuk-hyung is always in such great shape. His dog is as energetic as that Monkey is. Yeesh, my arms and legs are burning.

            I finally sat down on a bench and tried to catch my breath. Choco whimpered and wriggled around. “Not so fast, boy. I’m your owner today and you can’t force me to go anywhere I don’t want to go.”

            He barked once and gave me doggie aegyo. There’s no other way to describe it. Sighing, I stood up and he gave me a grateful beam before his muzzle and prancing off at an abnormal pace. All of a sudden, he started running at an alarming pace. His barks became higher pitched and he started panting. I kept my eyes on the ground, trying to keep from slipping.

            It wasn’t until I heard a yelp and another dog’s barking that I knew Choco was looking for a friend. I tried to dig my heels into the grass to keep from colliding with the owner of the white dog that came towards us. Too late.

            We smashed together with a painful bang and I could feel stars. Choco woofed and ran in circles around us, tying us together with his leash. I swear if this was another guy, I would cry. But it wasn’t another guy. By the time my vision cleared and I was able to focus clearly, I saw who it was that I had smashed into and my jaw dropped.

Y POV

            Just my luck. The one day I decide to dress down and relax, Sooyoung begged for me to take her dog out to the park. I didn’t want to, but she had asked so nicely, who could refuse her? I sighed and agreed. When we were walking there, I spent most of my time musing about Seokyu. I didn’t want to believe they were true, but all the evidence clearly pointed at it. And that hurts. I couldn’t understand just what makes me think I could ever have a chance.

            It wasn’t until I heard her bark excitedly and speed up that I knew she has seen a friend. I jogged along with her, when a familiar looking dog came up next to her. Its tall owner slammed into me and I saw stars when our heads knocked together. “Oomph,” I gasped.

            Our dogs began to run in circles, chaining us tightly together with their leashes. What type of bad movie was this? But when I finally noticed who it was I had hit, I saw that it was Kyuhyun. My heart rate sped up and I couldn’t think. I wanted to check my hair, to check my breath, anything, but he looked as confused as I did.

            “What are you- AHH!” I was cut off when the two dogs started running in separate directions.  Kyuhyun and I tripped over their leashes and our arms automatically locked around each other’s waists in a desperate attempt to keep balance. But my foot was caught and when Choco came skirting under me, I fell, pushing Kyuhyun slightly over the little hill.

            We rolled a bit, with me trying to grab at the weed, hoping desperately to stop our course downhill. There was a puddle of mud and I shut my eyes, feeling the spray of it hit me on the face. By the time we reached the bottom, our clothes were dirty and I could no longer look him in the eye. We hastily attempted to get free, and when we finally did, I just sat there.

            Kyuhyun crouched next to me and peered intently into my face before laughing out loud. “You look so funny. There’s mud on your face.” I could feel myself blushing and looked down. He tilted my chin up and produced a napkin, wiping at my cheeks and forehead. The gentle contact of his fingers under my chin made me turn even redder. “There, now you’re back to being our little choding.

            I thanked him and stood up. “There’s mud on your shirt.” He twisted to look at it and sighed.

            “I guess Ryeowook will have a heart attack, but it’s okay. So why are you here?”

            I nodded at Sooyoung’s little puppy who was now playfully nipping at Choco’s ear. “The same reason you are, I suppose. My unni talked me into taking care of her little Soori for her. And now she’s happy but I’m all dirty.”

            Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “I never knew hyung’s doggie knew Sooyoung’s. Who knows, maybe SooHyuk is true, pet wise.” He flashed his grin and nodded at her. “Wanna join me I guess? I was playing StarCraft and minding my own business until this guy decided he had to go out and play.”

            I picked up Soori’s leash and we started walking around the pond. There was a little silence and I wondered whether he was feeling obliged to be with me. “You know, Kyu-” I started the same time he said, “Yoona.”

            We flustered a bit, and I waved for him to speak. “Er, I’ve been thinking about the drama, and I realized that since we have to work together, it would be better if we knew each other more. I know the last few times we hung out, it seemed as if I hated you or something, but I really don’t. It’s just, I don’t know. You’re like the little sister I never had.”

            The little hope I had harbored immediately died. Little sister I never had. Little sister, that was all he saw me as. I smiled a bit sadly. “Well, that’s okay because you’re the big brother I never got to make fun of anyway.” I stuck out my tongue at him and he smiled mischievously back.

            “Well in that case, since you’re already dirty, I guess I have no qualms in doing this!” He let Choco go and tackled me to the ground. He started to tickle me and I fought him back, jabbing at his ribs and stomach. I was laughing so hard my abs hurt and I had to sit up to breathe properly.

            “Get up, little sister. I’m going to have to take you home.”

            I pouted back at him. “Piggy back ride! I hurt too much to walk.” He sighed and dropped down next to me.

            “Get on, but you hold the leashes.” I climbed on and he started home.

K POV

            That was it. My relationship with Yoona has now become less complicated. All we are is just siblings. But despite this, my heart couldn’t stop beating when she clambered onto my back. She was light, and one arm was wrapped lightly around my neck. She was laughing, a happy sound that I realized I liked listening to.

            The sun was setting and I felt this slight melancholy come over me. Soon we would be back as only colleagues. When we reached SNSD’s dorms, Sooyoung was waiting. She raised an eyebrow as I set Yoona down but didn’t comment.

            “Bye, oppa! Thank you for carrying me home. I don’t feel so tired anymore. Good night!” As I handed Soori over to Sooyoung and they both waved good-bye, I felt more confused than ever.

            Walking home, I knew my main question was; just what exactly were my feelings toward Im Yoona? 

New Kyuna: You Don't Love Me, So I'll Have to Shoot You

like I said, not rated for really, more as in just the content and what it's dealing with~ please support

I will be having another Kyuna, but that will be in a long while ^^

Next update = Mass update (all fics) January 3 (my birthday)

Second mass update = January 23 (first AFF anniversary)