Chapter 22 - Help From the Maknaes

Caught In Between

 

H POV

            We were all in the dorms when Kyuhyun came staggering back. Leeteuk-hung went ot get the door and came back in with Kyuhyun, clinging onto his back. “He’s drunk.”

            We knew what to do. It was hard to get him this wasted so he must have gone through some emotional stress. I got up and set the water for a dousing shower and Ryeowook got his pajamas ready. Sungmin and Donghae helped to strip him and we tossed him into the bath.

            Kyuhyun was still slightly conscious and he babbled as the water hit his face. “Ugh, what the hell?” He cursed and shook his head, trying to get the water out of his ears. He wiped his face and came up, spluttering. He saw us standing outside and shouted, “What in the world was that for?”

            Leeteuk-hyung walked in with a grim face. “I want to know what happened at that party. You come in completely wasted and I have to face the embarrassment of havinf to see Seohyun carry you home. What were you thinking? Yes you could hold your liquor but you were at a cast party. Was it really necessary to drink so much?”

            Kyuhyun glared back defiantly and for a moment we all tensed, waiting for the shouting match that would probably occur. But then his eyes watered and he slipped back into the water, in pain.

            We looked at one another and finally Leeteuk sighed. “Henry, Donghae, Ryeowook. I’ll leave you three to handle him. I think he needs someone to talk to.”

            Kyuhyun got out of the water and motioned to me. “Henry, I really need to talk to you.”

            We went into his room and he sprawled across the bed. “Henry, do you remember Seohyun and Yoona?” He started randomly and I knew my suspicions were confirmed. I nodded. “I think you greatly admired Seohyun if I’m not mistaken.”

            “We’re dating.” I told him and he startled.

            “You are? Since when?”

            “I saw her tonight. She said that she had just dropped you off and I had a feeling that something bad must have happened.”

            Kyuhyun sighed. “Well that relieves a lot of the burden.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “The girls always wanted to push us together and I didn’t want to hurt her. I’m glad she has someone like you to support her.” I kept silent knowing that he was slowly getting to the point of his story. “Henry, I like Yoona. I really, really like her. I wanted to ask her to the party but Joon got to her first. I was so jealous. She never said hi to me, she never bothered to acknowledge me. Does she dislike me that much? I know I was a bit of a jerk to her before and maybe she has never learned to forgive me.”

            I was quiet for a while. “Hey, why don’t you tell her? I mean, you can’t go anywhere without telling her first. You need to let it out. If she rejects you, hey. She’s an unlucky girl. My hyung is a great person to be around.” Kyuhyun laughed.

            “Do you think it’ll work?”

            I looked at him. “If you want my honest opinion, I think she may actually like you. I saw the way she looked at you and if I’m not mistaken she probably believes that you like Seohyun too. Maybe once you admit it to her, you’ll really know her true feelings. Who knows? Maybe she even went with that Joon guy purely to make you jealous.”

            Kyuhun coughed. “Thanks, Henry. Tomorrow, come with me to get her cake or something. When we were filming, we had this deluxe cake that she really liked.”

            I laughed. “Go Kyuhyun!”

Y POV

            I stared at Seohyun and waited for her to speak. She looked nervous and I began to grow impatient. “Will you hurry up and tell me please? I’m getting old here.”

            Seohyun looked at me. “Unni, I know you like Kyuhyun-oppa.”

            My heart plummeted and I bit my lips. “I hope you’re not mad. But it’s okay, Seohyun! He likes you though. There’s absolutely no competition on my part.” I was babbling, trying to soothe things over. I knew for the duration of the drama I had been a jerk. And I’m really sorry. “Please, Seohyun, can you forgive yoru unni? I know I was really cold to you and I did wrong. Can we start over? I don’t want a boy to come between our sisterhood.”

            She laughed and I was startled. What was so funny? “Unni, that’s why I wanted to talk to you. I did like Kyuhun, but only for a while. I liked him because he was talented, he was funny and he was friendly. But I was never meant for him. If I’ll be honest, Henry and I are together now. I realized that he was the one for me. And unni, I came here to tell you that Kyuhyun likes you. You shouldn’t be scared.”

            I stared at her stupidly. I could not believe a word she was saying. There was no way Kyuhyun could like me. I latched onto the only piece of information I could grasp. “Henry Lau? No way! Congratulations. You two are cute together.”

            She blushed and smiled. “But really, unni. You should try and talk to him. How about we go tomorrow and buy him a cake or something?”

            I blushed. “Does he really like me?”

            She grinned and hugged me. “Would I ever lie to you?”

            I squealed and we twirled in the room while Yuri watched us with a shocked expression. “Ya, Im Yoona! Are you cheating on me now?” 

 

ONE MORE CHAPTER GUYS