Chapter 6 - Shaking it Up a Bit

Caught In Between

 

K POV

            I ran all the way back to the set and sniffed myself. Ugh, the sweat was disgusting. I smiled at the producer and apologized. He waved his hands and handed me a towel to wipe off the sweat. Yoona was standing in the corner with her lines. Her nose wrinkled as I approached her.

            “What Im Yoona? I’m not good enough for you? My sweat is worth ten times more than anything else.” I smirked. I raised my arms and advanced towards her. She cringed away and I laughed as she covered her delicate nose with her hands. Really now.

            The producer shot me an exasperated look and I immediately sobered up. I don’t know what came over me, I just knew I wanted to get back at her for being such a witch. Cho Kyuhyun very rarely lost control like this. She just annoyed me, plain and simple.

            I looked at the script the writer shoved in my hands and scowled. I had to buy cake for this ungrateful prat and she throws it back in my face? I seethed. Who in the world decided to cast me for this stupid drama?

            I mean, do I look like a desperate dork to you? One, I can get any girl I wanted. A N Y. Any of them. They’ll all fall at my feet, honored to be asked out by the great Kyu. Two, I refuse to buy cake for any girl. They’re not worth the money or the trouble. Especially not if they’re going to refuse it. But to throw it in my face? Look people, I know you want to see reality and drama, but is this really the type of show you had in mind?

            The first scene to film was me buying the cake. We walked to the designated bakery and I started down the block.

            I wonder what Hyohee would like. I mused to myself. I think I should get her strawberry, it matches her hair tone. No, that’s not good. I should get her ice cream cake, but then it’ll melt. Or maybe chocolate, but that’s too common. I remember watching her eat a lot of green tea ice cream once. Maybe green tea? No, too typical of Korea. I know! I’ll get her a triple caramel, brownie fudge and mango pudding cake. I’ll special order it for her, with the words Happy Birthday written across.

            I pushed open the doors to the bakery and stepped in. The fresh aromas of freshly risen bread hit me. I smiled at the nice ahjumma manning the counter. “Can I custom order a cake? One layer is caramel, the other brownie fudge and in the middle can I have mango pudding?”

She gave me a strange look but nodded. “Can I have it done in the next hour? And the inscription should say, ‘Happy Birthday Hyohee~’ Oh! Can there be flowers and hearts?”

            The ahjumma smiled. “For your girlfriend?” I nodded slowly. Soon she’ll be my girlfriend. “You’re a very devoted boyfriend. I like it.” I checked my watch. Thank goodness I took my test and finished early. Technically I was dismissed but I wanted to see her face when I gave her the cake. I sat there, anticipating her reaction and trying to imagine her falling in my arms.

            At last, the ahjumma shook me out of my reverie. “Child, the cake is done.” I smiled and paid. Holding the deliciously heavy box in my hands, I sat on the front lawn to wait for her to come out. I plugged in my headphones to try and soothe my nerves. Soft ballads came on and I drifted off into sleep.

            We walked up to the outside of the school. Classes had officially ended and the great Hyohee was strolling down the lawn of the campus. I sat back down underneath my tree and waited.

            Brring! The loudness of the alarm alerted me. I jerked myself awake and slowly took off my headphones. Students filled the front lawn. I scrambled up and tried desperately to look for Hyohee. A pathway parted and some guys watched on in admiration. I turned to see her walk by, her books in hand and a small smile on her face.

            My mouth dropped. She was so gorgeous. Her big eyes crinkled slightly when she smiled and her hair shone in the sun. I didn’t know what came over me but I stepped out of the crowd and approached her. She flinched slightly when I touched her but turned to raise an eyebrow at me.

            “This is for you, happy birthday,” I stuttered. She set down her books on the spot and looked down at me cruelly. An evil smirk danced across her delicate features. She unwrapped the box for all to see and slammed the box in my face. Cake and cream got all over me and my mouth dropped open. What was wrong with her? The shocked audience slowly applauded but she just tossed down the now squashed box and whirled around with a sneer on her face.

            A couple of guys came up to me and clapped me on the back. “Nice going, dork.” I blushed furiously and slowly, lamented my situation as I wiped off the glops of cake. She turned at the corner, looked back and smirked.

            “That’s a wrap for today! Let’s get Seohyun better so we can continue. Great acting you guys. Be back tomorrow and be just as ready. Kyu, you were a great choice and Yoona is fabulous.”

            I looked over and saw her smile shyly. I my heels and ran to the bathrooms to shower off the cake. This was disgusting. But what I really wanted to do was go home and see how Seohyun was.

H POV

            I smiled awkwardly and shook her hand. Goodness she was gorgeous. The hyungs weren’t exaggerating when they said their Girl’s Generation dongsaengs were pretty. She had shy eyes. Okay, that sounded really lame, but yes. Her eyes would well up underneath and it looks like she was always shy. I like it.

            She patted the seat next to her. “Sit, it’s weird with you standing up. You’re pretty tall and I have to crane my neck to see.” She smiled at me.

            I gingerly walked over to the side of the couch and sat down slowly. “So, Seohyun, care to tell me a bit about yourself? How is it like living with nine girls?”

            “It’s great. Sometimes we can get upset at each other but because we’re mainly not allowed to date, guys aren’t in the picture, and believe me that keeps away half the arguments.” I nodded stupidly.

            “What’s your role in SNSD? I heard that you have a great voice.”

            She coughed in embarrassment. “Aniyo! Taeyeon-unni has a way better voice than I do. So does Jessica and Tiffany. I’m just decent.”

            I have no clue what came over me, so don’t ask. “Can you show me? Sing for me! Henry wants to listen to a pretty song.”

            She cocked her head. “I guess I’ll sing a ballad. I sang one for a drama, It’s Okay Even if it Hurts. Is that okay?”

            I nodded. “Anything.” When she opened to sing, I felt my world tip on a very shaky axis. Her eyes closed and she tilted her head back to allow her voice to project more. Emotion rang in every vibration and I watched her slender fingers paint a picture in the air. I watched her mesmerized.

            I don’t know how long I stayed there, gaping but she stopped and looked at me curiously. “Hello? Anyone in there? I’ve stopped singing a while ago. Did I bore you to death? Henry? Hello?” she waved a hand in my face.

            I shook my head slowly, coming out of my stupor. “Yeah, wow. That was, I’m speechless. That was amazing. My gosh. You are definitely the best singer. My goodness. I understand why Kyuhyun-hyung always wants to do duets with you.”

            She brightened. “He does?”

            I shrugged. “He doesn’t complain when you guys do.” My heart fell just a tiny bit when she smiled happily. Did she have a crush on Kyuhyun? Well, I guess that’s understandable. I mean he is a really nice person to like.

            Seohyun then poked me in the calf. “Tell me about you. You’re not from here are you? Where are you from and how does it feel to be part of the amazing Super Junior?”

            I leaned back and she casually placed her twisted ankle on my lap. Oh boy. “Mianhe, but it sort of hurts when I lay it there, it needs some height.” I nodded. The ankle on my lap was extremely distracting. What the hell? She had pretty feet.

            “So, I’m from Canada. But my dad is from Hong Kong and my mom’s from Taiwan. I got discovered because I could play the violin and the piano.”

            “Ohhh, I always heard about it. I can’t believe I never heard you play live. You were in Don’t Don weren’t you? You’re so talented. Play for me!” she demanded.

            “Okay,” I gently placed her ankle back on the couch and ran for my violin. I also printed the violin version of the song she just sang. The notes didn’t look that hard so I started playing it. She gasped when she recognized the song and started to sing along.

            It was beautiful. I realized with a scary jolt that I wanted to do this with her forever. I watched her eyes close and her head tipped back as she sang along. Her lips were making flawless shapes and I messed up and screeched.

            She jerked back and looked at me. “Mi-mianhe,” I scrambled to pick up the fallen score. Papers flew everywhere and I poked myself with my bow. “Owww.”

            She hobbled up and opened up my eyes. “Are you okay?” She blew slowly against the watering pupil.

            “Ya, sit back down!” I prayed for strength and bent down to pick her up. She was… weightless. I easily scooped her up and her arms came around my neck. Wow, hyung was lucky. I carried the delicate creature to the couch and she smiled up gratefully.

            We sat there, just talking until we heard voices. I looked up and there was Kyuhyun with another girl. 

 

Mianhe for not updating, and only giving you this lame chapter. D: I miss you. Loving the new album. 

Sooo isn't Henry adorables? 

Thank you for all your support my dear readers ♥ Monkey Winks Yoyo

S.M Ballad- Don't Lie feat. Henry DAMNN BOY XD