Fifth Stop Love Me When I’m Leaving

Pi Li MIT III

After the operation ended, Miss Cherry and 187 arrives. The doctor said “The patient has faced severe brain concussion, which resulted in swelling and bleeding in the brain. We already cleared out many of the blood clots, but those that are under his nerves cannot be touched. Now, we can only let him depend on his strong will to wake up and hope for the clots to separate. Unfortunately, he is still in the danger zone.” Miss Cherry nods and thanks the doctor. He left them. Tian Mo Xing was sitting besides 747, holding onto his hand. She was silently crying. Everyone was feeling heartbroken. Under his breath, 187 mumble “I guess it’s true when he said he can’t live past 20.” Miss Cherry and 007 sends him death glares. Miss Cherry’s eyes brimmed with tears. “This is all my fault. If I wasn’t so stupid and went to find the psycho, 747 wouldn’t have gotten hurt. The one whose suppose to be lying here is me! It’s all my fault.” She starts to sob on 747’s hand. 007 walk over to her and place his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t put all the blame on yourself. Even if you were there, you can’t be certain that 747 won’t get hurt.” Miss Cherry wipes the tears away from her eyes and said “Tian Mo Xing. It’s not your fault. The psycho knows we’re going after him and he’s trying to get us. Today, he locked me and 187 up in the body room. We almost froze to death.” 187 nods and said “The psycho works in this hospital. I think he will hurt 747 tonight.” Tian Mo Xing grips onto 747’s tightly as her eyes widened. “No! We can’t let anything happen to 747!” 007 calm her down and suggested “We should all stay here tonight. Hopefully, if the psycho appears, we can catch him.” He looks at Tian Mo Xing. “I’m going to take you home and then come back.” Tian Mo Xing shakes her head in disagreement. He leans down and said in her ear “You have cancer now and needs rest. If you don’t go home and something happens, I will have to tell Miss Cherry and the others.” She bites her lower lip and nods. She lets go of 747’s hand and stands up. Miss Cherry gives her a hug and said “We’ll see you tomorrow.” Tian Mo Xing nods.

On the way home, Tian Mo Xing and 007 walks hand in hand down the street. They haven’t said a word since they left the hospital. Both their hearts were filled with worry and frustration. Tian Mo Xing is concerned about 747’s well being and about Jaden. She wants to tell 007 about Jaden but she doesn’t want 007 and the others to get hurt. But if he doesn’t tell 007, Jaden will try to catch the psycho himself and get in danger. She doesn’t want to see anymore of her loved ones to get hurt. She couldn’t bear it but she doesn’t know what else she could do. 007 is feeling guilty about what happened between him and Lin Yu Jie. Even though they didn’t do anything inappropriate, he didn’t stop her from kissing him and for a moment, his feelings did relight for her. He doesn’t want to hide it from Tian Mo Xing. However, he knows she was frustrated already. Telling her would only bring her more sadness. But if he doesn’t tell her, he would feel as if he had cheated on her or something of equal value. They were both debating with themselves. When 007 finally opens his mouth to tell her, Tian Mo Xing interrupts him by saying “007. I’m really happy to have you by my side through all this. I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t here with me.” His mouth closed. He couldn’t say it anymore. Suddenly, she stops and said “I think you should go back to them. I can walk home myself.” She lets go of his hand. He shakes his head and said “There’s only two more blocks. Let me walk you.” She looks at him. “007. I’m not a little girl anymore. Miss Cherry and 747 needs you more than I do. Go back.” He could see that she wanted time alone. He gives her a kiss on the forehead and turns to run back to the hospital. Watching him slowly disappear, a tear rolls down from Tian Mo Xing’s eye as she said softly “007. I’m sorry. You’ve been standing by my side to protect me but I can’t stand by yours. Jaden needs me more than you. I’m sorry.” She ran off to the other street; heading for the park. She was going to find Jaden.

At the park, the gates were locked. No one was in sight. Tian Mo Xing kicks the gate hardly but it won’t budge. She climbs onto the wired fence and got across but falls on the ground as she got on the other side. She scraped her arms and knees. Looking up, she was hoping for Jaden to appear to help her tend her wounds. But no one came. She starts to cry. “Didn’t you promise me that if I fall, you will help me up? Didn’t you say if I ever get hurt, you will be there to tend my wounds? I never forgot any of your promises. But did you forget them all already?” She hears footsteps approaching her. Without looking up, she said “You finally came. I know you wouldn’t give up on me.” Jaden kneels down and grabs her arm. He takes out a handkerchief and starts to wipe the blood away. “It’s been a year. Haven’t you grown up at all?” She smiles. “It’s hard when I have two left feet. And I was always secretly waiting someone to come back.” She looks at him. “Jaden, tell me who the psycho is so I can help you catch him. I don’t want you to put yourself into danger for me.” His eyebrows furrowed together. “I can catch him without your help. I have to prove to you that I can still protect you.” She suddenly wraps her arms around his waist and cries. “I don’t want to lose you again! You don’t know how important you are to me. I don’t want to find out you’re alive and then having to lose you to death again. Do you understand?” He hugs her back. “Jaden…If I still mean anything to you, tell me who the psycho is and we’ll both catch him. Then, I will be with you.” His face scrunched up when he heard this. He pushes her away and said, angrily “You think I’m doing all this to force you to be with me? I’m doing this for your own good. I don’t need your help or your pity.” He stands up to leave but she grabs his hand. “No! Jaden, I don’t mean that. You’re really important to me. I’m not lying to you. I really want to be with you.” He pulls back his hand. “Fine. If you really want to be with me, meet me at the registry office tomorrow. We’re going to get married. If you really love me, come tomorrow.” He turns and runs off into the night. Tian Mo Xing starts to cry. “Jaden! Come back!”

Limping home, Tian Mo Xing’s face was wet with tears. She doesn’t know what to do. However, she knows that if Jaden attempts to catch the psycho himself, he would definitely get hurt. She couldn’t bear to see him get hurt. Jaden needs her but 007 don’t. 007 will do fine without her. If anyone was to get hurt, she would rather it be her. When she got home, she left all the lights off. In the living room, she pulls out a piece of paper and pen from the coffee table. She begins to write: “007, there are some words that have been in my heart for a long time. From the start to now, I really have to say two important things to you. Sorry and thank you. Sorry for all the troubles I have brought you. Sorry for having to make you worry and take care of me. Sorry for making you fall in love with a stupid and useless girl like me. Thank you for loving me and caring about me. Thank you for always forgiving my wrongs. Thank you for standing by me. But I can’t stand by you. I always needed you to stand by me but you don’t need me. I also can’t do anything to help you. The truth is Jaden is still alive and I know where he is. I have met him face to face two times already. He knows who the psycho is and he wants to catch him to prove that he can protect me. I don’t want him to put himself in danger. I don’t want to see him in danger. As much as I love you, my heart will always have a place for him and Se Ho. They were once the most important persons of my life. I loved them with all my heart and their existence was the only thing that mattered to me. Meeting you, you eventually became my air and life. But I have to leave now. Jaden needs me more than you. I have to stay by his side. I know I promised I won’t leave you again. I know I promised I won’t keep anything from you anymore. But I just want to protect you. Please forgive me once again for my impulsiveness and not being able to tell you these myself.” A tear dropped onto the letter. She got up and ran out of the door.

A shadow walks out from the dark. The figure lifts up the letter from the table and reads it. In anger, the figure rips up the note and throws it in the garbage can. Kneeling down, the figure picks up the pen and writes another piece of paper: “I couldn’t sleep. I’m going to sneak into NYU and try to see if I can find any information on Jaden. Meet me there when you see this.” The figure smirks and puts down the pen. Then, the figure said “Zhan Shi De. I’m going to make sure you won’t ever be able to see Li Xiao Xing ever again.” The figure leaves the house. Suddenly, the phone rings. However, there was no one to answer it. The answer machine turns on. 007’s voice rang throughout the empty room. “Tian Mo Xing...Are you there? I think you might be asleep already. I have some things I want to tell you. I’m always telling you to tell me everything that’s bothering you and not to hide anything from you. But, I feel like such a hypocrite because I’m hiding a lot of things from you as well. I met Lin Yu Jie a few days ago at the hospital. And then, today, at NYU, I saw her again. Uncontrollably, I felt a spark for her again. She tried to kiss me and I didn’t stop her. Even though the one I love is you, she was once an important figure in my life. No matter what happens, she will always have a place in my heart. I did hurt her and betray her. I don’t want to feel like I cheated you because I didn’t. I’m sorry. Also, I found out that Jaden is still alive. I just wanted to get this off my chest. I will see you tomorrow and we’ll discuss this. Bye.” The answer machine clicked.