chapter 9

Will he ever notice me?

I avoided Minho all day at school. I think at lunch, I spotted him staring at me out of the corner of my eyes. I rushed to the farthest table away from him. Because I knew Seohyun was eyeing me. I knew this was the wrong way to thank Minho for saving me. But I didn't want to see Taeyeon upset at me. Or worse. I don't think she's the type to harm me. But she will get really hurt when she saw those photos.

Afterschool, Minho texted me:

y were u avoidin me?

I texted back:

seohyun is threatenin me, she's watching me and threatened to show Taeyeon a fake pic of us kissing

he then texted:

oh

and we stopped interacting for the rest of the day.

I avoided Minho all day at school. I think at lunch, I spotted him staring at me out of the corner of my eyes. I rushed to the farthest table away from him. Because I knew Seohyun was eyeing me. I knew this was the wrong way to thank Minho for saving me. But I didn't want to see Taeyeon upset at me. Or worse. I don't think she's the type to harm me. But she will get really hurt when she saw those photos.

Afterschool, Minho texted me:

y were u avoidin me?

I texted back:

seohyun is threatenin me, she's watching me and threatened to show Taeyeon a fake pic of us kissing

he then texted:

oh

then we stopeed interacting for the rest of the afternoon.

I was so frusterated and angry at Seohyun. Is she stupid enough to believe that anyone who talks with Minho are suddenly more then friends. Does she even know what just friends is?

I paid for the cheerleading clothes and went back home with a gloomy face. My parents obviously didn't notice it but gave me my bowl of food. I was disappointed to hear them say, "So where were you?" not even looking at me when I came home the night I was tied to a tree. I knew they were very blunt people but this.............

I did my homework flawlessly and tried to read "Harry Potter" when I heard a tap on my window. It was probably a tree. But there was no wind. I grabbed a plunger from my bathroom (it was the only "weapon" I have). I slightly opened the window a little and waited.

"Yuri?" It was Minho's voice. I opened the window and helped him out. "What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?"

Minho replied: "I followed you. I wanted to see you and I'm sure Seohyun won't spy on you this late and it's so dark." He was wearing dark clothing. "You know you could just text me?" I said. He shook his head. "I wanted to talk to you in person. Just talk."

"How did you get up from here? I don't have any trees." He then answered back, "Your room is like 6 feet above the ground. And i bought a big chair." He really does want to see me. Well he can't stay. "My parent are here you know." His face then darkened.

"Oh."

I did want to see him though. "Hold on." I rushed downstairs and called my parents. "Look, I understand that you are really tired and deserve a break from work. Well, springbreak is coming up and I'm giving you tickets to the States. You can go wherever you want from there. Okay? And you don't need to worry about me. I'm gonna stay here." I got the tickets from Taeyeon who threw them at me after figuring out they weren't to Japan.

The parents excitedly agreed. They rushed to their rooms to pack their bags. "It's alright, I can manage food," I muttered under my breath.

I walked back up the stairs and in my room. "You can stay here but only in springbreak." He agreed and jumped out the window.