chapter 5

Will he ever notice me?

I walked back home dazed. Every step I took felt like marshmellows.(the steps) I couldn't believe afterone makeover, Minho gave me his number. And to think Minho wouldn't notice me! I glanced at his number and put it in my cell-phone. I made spaghetti for dinner for my family. Maybe I should call him tonight? He'll probably think me stalker-ish.

I'll wait for him tomorrow. That won't be so bad. I took a hot shower and went to bed. And thought.

Maybe Minho is only hanging out with me because I'm prettier. He probably is shallow. Krystal and Jessica were pretty people. Minho likes them. And Taeyeon was undoubtely hot. I really don't want to be noticed just for my looks. But having being noticed then being ignored.

*yawn* I'm tired. And tomorrow's the weekend.

*the next day*

I woke up early in the morning. A habit of mine. I sprayed perfume on me. (I coughed) My parents were already out to a business thing.

I made breakfast for myself and set out for a walk in the park. It's always the thing that calms me. Maybe I should get a small dog so I could actually look like those afternoon people. I laughed at the thought. I sat down at the wooden bench and ate an apple that I took.

Apples are delicous. They're like heaven's soul in the shape of a fruit. They were so juicy and so sweet that they don't deserve a simple name like an apple. More like Lusha (loo-shuh). Or maybe it's the simpleness of the name that-

"Yuri? What are you going here?" I was jerked out of my thoughts by a voice I was familiar with. I wasn't suprised to see Minho standing in front of me wiith a slight smile on his face. What's with the smile? He can't be that glad to see me.

"Sup. You interuppted my delicous thoughts." He ignored me. "You here alone?"

I nodded, too ashamed to say yes. "You mind if I sit with you?" He sat down anyways. I decided to give him my thoughts. "Why are you suddenly paying attention me all of a sudden? Is it just because I look like all the other girls at school?"

He didn't speak for a moment. Then he replied, "Maybe that is the reason. Or maybe it's because of you outspoken attitude as proved from yesturday's lunch period." I blushed. I handed another apple to him. He gratefully took it. "Now I have a question for you. What made you want to take on the mature girl look?"

I shrugged. "Isn't it obvious? I wanted people to stop teasing me." Minho nodded. "So you think making yourself prettier will stop all that?"

"Hey, it worked, didn't it?" He sighed. Whatever. "Can I ask you a question now?" "What is this, ask a question after the other?" "Maybe. Anyway, here it is. Why do you love Taeyeon? I mean isn't she just the same as everyone else in the school?" I was afraid I offended her which would offend Minho. He was quiet. Then he said, "Alright I'll tell you but it's a bit lengthy."