chapter 23

Will he ever notice me?

It's the cheerleading competition today. I wonder who the other team is.

I'm perfectly fine with my abilities. On the other hand, I'm afriad Jessica will mess this up. She's been falling down and tripping on every practice. Taeyeon is getting wary of her. It's taking place at 7:00. The weather promised good conditions. Minho wished me at lunch today. He ignored Taeyeon.

Seohyun was giving me the cold shoulder. Nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't do this!" wailed Jessica. We were in the locker rooms. It was time. "Minho should be here with me. Where is he?"

I scoffed. "He can't possibly show up in the locker room. Just pull yourself together." I changed into my cheerleading outfit. Seohyun was there in the bleachers as well. Why was she here? I don't know. I hope Minho keeps an eye on her. Luckily Taeyeon isn't here to hear Jessica's outburst.

Krystal comforted her. "How about I screw up to make you feel better?" Oh god no.

"Krystal, you can't just purposely screw up just for Jesica. That's twice the problem. Just do your best and let Jessica....do her...." What's the use? We can't just win with Jessica on our team. Why couldn't Taeyeon kick her off?

Taeyeon then stomped right in the locker room. "What is going on? Why aren't you in the field?"

Jessica bursted out, "We can't win! Not with me on the team!" Taeyeon groaned. How many times had Jessica complained this to her? I spoke up, "Why don't we try the routine with Jessica in the front to be the face of the group?" She is pretty. Taeyeon pouted. "I'm the leader. Shouldn't I be in the middle?"

"You and her can be in the middle. C'mon, you can just wear that star in your hair to differentiate yourselves form them." I remember she bought her star barratte. It was glistening and golden. It was really shiny. "Fine. For the team." She slippedon the star. "Jessica should just pose in the middle and make cutesy faces and signs."

We gathered in the field. The opposing team was amazing. Their routines were easy though. Minho gave me the thumbs up sign. Next up is us.

I can honestly say I think the crowd is getting tired of Jessica posing in the middle. It's really hard to make cutesy faces when your eyes are red rimmed and watery. Other then that, we did good.

~fastfoward to the judging~

To make this short, we won.

Yay.

~the winning party at Minho's house~

I changed back to my regular clothes. It was cold in this house. And the party, unlike Seohyun's, was not safe. By that I mean, there were other things then make outs.

I couldn't see Seohyun here. Where was she? Did Minho invite her? Who cares?The party was indeed enjoyable. Minho and the cheerleading captain were on the couch together. Minho with a disinterested face. He pushed her to some other guy and ran away. I struggled not to laugh, not at Taeyeon's shocked and angry face. Maybe I should help him.

I grabbed his hand and ran downstairs to the basement. "She'd never look for you in here." I could hear Minho laughing. We could hear the wild party going on above the floor. "I like your hair this time," he said, looking at it. "It's nice and simple." I patted my ponytail.

"I have question. Where's Seohyun? And why did you run away from Taeyeon?" I asked.

Minho shrugged. "I believe that it was Seohyun's idea to sneak in my trailer. So I dumped her. I never liked her anyways. As for Taeyeon, she's pretty and peppy. But she's not you." I blushed.

We kissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next chapter is the last one and will be Minho's pov. Then I'll make a sequel.