chapter 13

Will he ever notice me?

I practiced my cheerleading routine for the next day. The big match is nearing. Although, I'm more worried about Jessica. She keeps on tripping and stumbling, which gets on everyone's nerves a lot. Why doesn't Taeyeon kick her out? I bet if I told her about her make-out with Minho, she would change her mind.

I did the perfect cartwheels and the jumps wre totally in sync. Taeyeon had to do the finishing part. She is the best after all. That's why she's the leader.

I stumbled on my feet when I heard my name being called. I was elated to find that it was Minho. He was calling from the outside gate. I waved back to him playfully and let him in.

"Are you practicing for the match?" I nodded. I was exhausted. I sat down on the grass with Minho. "Want some juice?" I couldn't find anything else to say, so I wanted to offer him food.

"No thanks. I just wanted some company," said Minho, picking at the grass. "Why don't you meet with Taeyeon?"I asked. Minho  shook his head. "She's busy. She's meeting with someone."

"Oh." I gave him a book. "It's called Pet's Cemetary. I think it's a lovely, creepy book. You should read more." He smiled gratefully. Even though we were close, I think he deserves to be scared. He's too much of a flirter.

And speaking of flirters.......

Someone I didn't want around my house was outside the gates. Seohyun. What did she do to her face though? It was just like my makeover but she really outdid herself, though I hate to admit it. She was wearing a pink tanktop and white jeans. She was wearing her hair in slight curls. She was really pretty.

"What are you doing here?" I'm not gonna buy that innocent smile she always does in the early days. When we got along. Seohyun shrugged. "I don't suppose you'd let me in?" I shook my head. Is she crazy or stupid?

"C'mon Yuri. At least let her come in?" MInho whispered in my ear. What?! Is he always gonna fall for those beauty spells or what?

He nudged me hard. I nodded, forcefully. She jumped over the gate and joined us on the grass. "Look, I'm sorry for that threatening you with those pictures thing. I deleted them." Cause I already proved they were worthless. "Ooh, you're reading Pet Cemetery? I love that book." Did she even read it? Does she even read?

"I'm looking foward to your performance next week. I'm sure you'll do best!" She took a bite out of an apple.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, impatiently. Seohyun sighed. "Look, I just wanna call truce, okay? I dont' want to make fun of you anymore. As long as you let me reread that book." She pointed to the book. "I'm giving it to Minho," I said, coldly.

Minho shook his head. "She can have it. It's not like I bother with reading." Whaaat? Who doesn't read here? Seriously! I felt a little hurt. I felt pretty confused that Seohyun would just truce like that. Maybe it's the fact that I finally got through to Seohyun.

 "Minho, do you wanna come inside?" I said. He nodded. Seohyun got up and left. "Bye guys. See you later!" She hopped over the fence. I reluctantly waved back at her.

"Can I have  the book back after she's done with it?"

"Sure."