chapter 3

Will he ever notice me?

Guyri held her mirror in front of me. "How does it look?"

My hair was curled now, not wavy. My hair transformed into a light brown color. I had make-up on. I looked like a mature teenager. Not like some kid. "You look pretty with your hair down like that." I thanked Guyri and walked out the store feeling really odd. I purchased some make-up, and a straightener and walked home.


I was reluctant to put lipgloss on. It looks so sticky. And I'm afriad I'll eat it when I have dinner. I'll try it on tomorrow. I felt my curled hair. I'll wait it out for three days then I'll try the straightener. I heard the door open. It must be my parents. I greeted them and they stared at my new makeover.


"I had a makeover at a salon and I liked it." I explained o them. They nodded, still stunned. I went back to my room. I looked really pretty.... and mature. Will Minho notice me now? I doubt it.

The next day, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and walked to school, prepared for a reaction from my classmates. Maybe Seohyun will stop bothering me. Since she usually picks on my for my childish personality. In homeroom, I felt eyes staring at me. I looked down and tried to do my homework. It would really help if I wasn't stared at. Can't these people see that staring is rude?


I bumped into Taeyeon in the hallway again. "I can't believe you tried ot use it the day I give the coupon to you. Most people would just hestitate. You should thank me for this. Now noone will hate you! Not that they did." I murmured a thanks to her.

Although she kinda missed the old her. Now she was gonna have to act different now to go along with her look. And how should I do that? What is it that lots of girls do?

I'll sign up for cheerleading then. I hope I won't get laughed at. I signed up for cheerleading tryouts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At lunch, it was silence as I came in. What the heck is wrong with these people? Just because someone gets a makeover, they'll stare at you? I sat at my usual seat. I'd almost rather take Seohyun's taunting then this silence. If I was in a story, then I would keep writing the words It is so uncomfortable so many times yet still think an understatement. What made it more uncomfortable was the staring at and knowing that they're staring at me. It makes me want to write It is uncomfortable in capital letters.

IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE. IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE. IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE.

So here I am, eating lunch, ignoring the stares. It was so "uncomfortable"  that I couldn't take it anymore.
I stood up and said, "Look, it is really rude to stare at someone while eating. You better get used to this look and stop gawking like an idiot when I'm around!" I dumped my lunch in the trash and walked away.

Outside the lunchroom, I can hear a buzzing then turning to talking again. I shrugged and headed to my locker.