chapter 4

Will he ever notice me?

Looks like my outburst did the trick after all. It didn't stop people staring at me but people muttered as I entered the room. Mutters were better then silences. As for the staring, people had exchanged glances from the corner of my eyes. Now I can work normally like business people.

As I was heading to homeroom at the end of school, I heard something. It sounded like a table turned over. I ran upstairs to see what was going on. All the doors were locked. I realized I was in the restricted hall. There was a flooding in the hall and constructors were in the hall to find what the cause is. I decided to heead back when I heard the noise again. It was coming from the door 2 doors away from me. I glanced at the window and received a shock.

It was dark but she could make out two figures that were kissing. And making those weird noises. I could only guess they were Taeyeon and Minho. I couldn't look anymore. I didn't want to cry to ruin my mascara. I ran downstaris and resumed my class activities. Trying to forget about the picture in my head.

One person had even asked me what I was so down about as I had a really "long" face. I shrugged and looked down at my homework. I had asked my counseler to postpone my detention because I had cheerleading tryouts. I felt I really needed this. I have no idea why though. Cause I really don't wanna end up like those giggling girls who fall over everything.

After school, I walked to the practice field.

I felt cold when I saw Jessica and Taeyeon on the field. They stared at me and so did the rest of the girls. I glared at them long enough for them to look away. "So, you trying out for practice?" asked Taeyeon. I nodded. I could tell she was trying her best not to smirk. Taeyone was the leader of the cheerleading thing.

I wished myself luck.

(I have no idea what a cheerleading practice is like so I'm gonna skip it)

*after tryout*

"Congrats. You have managed to set yourself a place in the team. Remember practices are on Thrusday." She tried her best smile and walked away. I wasn't sure whether to be happy or not. I had felt like telling her what she and Minho did but she decided to keep that to herself. She owed her as much as she hated it.

I picked up my bad and slung it over my shoulder as I walked home. I heard thumps and saw that my bag spilled. I groaned and picked them up. "Are you alright?"

No. It couldn't be.

I looked up and saw Minho staring at me. "Oh are you talking to me?" I asked with a alight edge. He rasied his eyebrows and looked over at Taeyeon and the girls who were still conversing with each other. "Yeah."

Psh. He was only talking to me cause I was pretty. He's kinda shallow. But still.....

"Do you mind helping me?" He paused then knelt down and picked up my stuff. "You're pretty outspoken now that you've got your new look. Changed much?" I shook my head. I'm still the same me. "Here." He was finished. I suddenly wished I packed more stuff. "Sorry for bothering you. I was acutally picking Taeyeon up." I nodded. I suddenly asked a question I was curious about.

"Why are you dating Krystal and Jessica and Taeyeon at the same time? Isn't that called cheating?" He stared at me. Was I too bold to ask about relationships? he then replied back, "It's not cheating if Taeyeon doesn't mind. And besides, I'm not dating Jessica and Krystal. I just think they're pretty. Taeyeon is the one I like. The one I love." Love. The one thing that can't be replaced.

"I'd better get going now. Taeyeon needs you." I started to walk away. "Wait!" Iooked back again. Minho handed me a piece of paper. "Call me if you need me." He went to Taeyeon as I stood there frozen.