chapter 8

Will he ever notice me?

I woke up to find myself tied to a tree. It was almost the end of twilight and I could feel my hands tied around the tree, with my wrists tied together. I tried to yell but my mouth was gagged with cloth. I tried to turn around but i can't. The part of the tree I was tied to was away from the public place. I was facing the forest part. I tried to turn around but I can't. The most I can do is kick my feet at the ground. I screamed in my gag.

I thought Seohyun was gonna do the horrible things after I approached Minho again. Or maybe this is just the beginning of it. How long am I gonna stay here?

I could hear thunder and suddenly rain was pouring on my face. My cell-phone rang. Could it be Minho? I couldn't reach it though. It was most likely Minho since barely anybody texts me. Maybe my parents. Most likely that too, they were probably worried.

It was now raining seriously hard. I was hoping someone would pass by and hear the ringtone when the ringing stopped. Darn it. Why must the worst happen to me? I was getting wet. (the trees had no leaves) I was freezing! I was still in my skirt and shirt. Seohyun and the girls must have taken my clothes. Including my cheerleading ones. I'm gonna have to pay for them. Crap.

I then remembered what I was taught about lightning. About what would happen if you were under a tree when a storm is coming. I desperately tried to struggle out but then rope was tight. Seriously tight. Another flash of lightning came. Then the rain stopped but the thunder kep on going on.

10 minutes later

I heard sizzling and looked up. The top of a tree was starting to burn. Wtf. The flames were tiny but it was only a matter of time.

Now would be a good chance for some help. Right now.  My mind somehow went to the past.

Flashback:

Seohyun: One day, you're gonna burn in hell!

Flashback over

"Yuri?" I saw a figure standing before me and I was so glad that it was Minho. Actually I was so glad to see someone. "What happened?"

I shook my head, indicating to cut the chit-chat, as I was still gagged. Minho nodded and rushed to untie the knot. The flames were getting hotter and hotter. "I can't untie it!"

I yelled through the cloth. He ungagged me and I yelled , "Then get out!" Minho shook his head and pulled out a knife. He started cutting through the rope. Hurry up! The flames were almost touching my head. Minho then grabbed a stick and started lighting it with the fire. Then touched the fire with the rope. He then blew the flames away and I was free! I ran away from the burning tree just as the fire truck came by.

A little too late. Minho said to me, "I was wondering why you didn't pick up. What happened to you?" I told him about Seohyun. He frowned. "She was with me this morning trying to flirt with me." I was curious. "What did you do?" Minho ignored and I feared the worst.

My stomach turned when I saw Taeyeon coming by. "Minho, what are y- oh." She saw Minho holding me. I explained to her that he was trying to save me from the burning tree. "Oh okay." She was still frowning. We quickly let go of each other and Taeyeon gave him a tight kiss. I looked away. "Taeyeon, now is not the time." He walked away leaving Taeyeon with a puzzled look on her face. She then looked at me and I could see a flash of confusion and annoyance.

"Do you want my number?" What? "I just feel like we should get to know each other better. Sorry about abandoning you with Seohyun." She held her hand out and I realized she wanted to put her number in my phone. I gave it to her and she pressed the button. I could see the flash of anger again though I'm not sure why. "Here you go." She gave it back and grabbed Minho's hand and started dragging him with her down the street, leaving me with those slow firemen.