chapter 10

Will he ever notice me?

I've been growing impatient for the past few days. It's been really boring not having Minho to talk to. Cause barely anyone talks to me. I noticed Taeyeon has been holding on to Minho tighter and tighter. And her and Minho's smiles were getting more fixed whenever they're together. Once I think I heard her say, "You promised me you'd be good right?" at lunch. I didn't know what that meant, but it made Minho scowl. "What is that fragrance? Are you wearing perfume?" she asked one day. I froze. I really should stop wearing those.

"Um, I stopped at a perfume store to buy you some. Only I forgot my wallet." Nice save. Though Taeyeon narrowed her eyes.

"Hey !" I didn't respond. It was Seohyun's voice. We were at gym and the gym teacher was replaced by a substitute. That was always an excuse for us to do whatever we want. I just read my book on the benches. Her footsteps told me she was approaching. "Are you still ignoring me again?" She grabbed my hair. I grabbed hers which was much thicker.

"Hey! Only I am allowed to grab your hair!" She made a move to slap me but I luckily ducked. I kicked her in the stomach and ran.... where should I run? THERE ISN'T EVEN A TOILET PLUNGER ANYWHERE. Seohyun grabbed my arm.

"I just wanted to talk to you." She threw me back on the seat. "You know the only reason he's hanging out with you is because you got that ugly makeover."

"Why should I care?" Though I know it could be true. "Don't pretend you don't like him. You're always staring at him." I glared at her. Sheesh. Just because I stare at him doesn't mean I like him. "Why are you telling me this?" Seohyun replied, "Cause he's a player. Just to let you know. He dates a lot of pretty girls. Now that you look just like them, though not as pretty as me, he's finally seeking "interest" for you. That's not what I'd call love."

"I don't like him, geez."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, springbreak. Not just a whole week with Minho, but also a week away from Seohyun. And those other silly girls. I waved good-bye to my parents and went to sleep at 8:30.

"Yuri? Are your parents gone now?" I was nudged awake by Minho who was suddenly in front of my face. "Hey." It was really awkward. "Could you move a bit?" I pushed his face away. "No offense, but you really should stop sneaking in my room. Just ring the bell."

"Sorry, guess that does seem stalker-ish." We went downstairs. I offered to cook pao mien for him. (I LUV PAO MIEN) His cell rang, Minho looked at the number and reluctantly picked up. "Taeyeon? I'm sorry, I'm doing homework right now." He paused and listened. "I'm working with Yuri. On math. An then I'm leaving." He listened then hung up.

"Sorry." I frowned at him. I poured the noodles in the bowl. "Here you go. So you're gonna head back again." Minho stared. "I have too. So, er, can you help me with my math? Cause I just got a whole packet for the rest of the break. And I can't fail." I smiled and nodded.

We spent the rest of the night doing our math homework together. Though there was something nagging in my heart.