Confessions of a Friend [Park Ahyoung (Ally) & Lee Changmin]

Sealed With Love [One-shot request shop~ not taking any more requests]

Park Ahyoung (or commonly known as Ally) rushed around the newlywed’s house trying to clear up the clutter before their guests arrived. Yep, she was married. Well she wasn’t technically married, she was virtually married. It was all part of a program called ‘We Got Married’. At first she was horrified at the idea of getting married even if it was virtual, especially when it was with one of your close friends, but she soon accepted it. She figured being ‘married’ to a friend was better than being ‘married’ to someone that she didn’t know very well as there would be that awkwardness of trying to know each other and Ally wasn’t very good at that being the shy and quiet one.

Even the first time that Ally and Changmin had to film for the first episode was awkward. Going from friends to ‘lovers’ was just strange. They had no clue what to say to each other without making things even more uncomfortable. But as the filming progressed they slowly started to warm up to the idea of being a couple and began to use natural skinship with each other. Because of their natural skinship her members from the group she belonged in, Vanilla, kept on teasing her until she would go completely red. They always joked around that they were a cute couple and that they should get married already. For some reason whenever her members or anyone else said this, her heartbeat would increase and her palms would get sticky with sweat; it made her nervous and unsure of her feelings.

Ally sighed at the remaining mess in the living room. It didn’t help that Changmin wasn’t there yet. She wiped the sweat that glistened on her forehead and resumed sweeping the floor that had crumbs scattered all over it.

Distracting her and halting her tidying up, the doorbell rang. She yelled that she was coming and for that person to wait. She quickly but carefully threw the broom on the floor and scurried to the door but in the process of doing so she tripped on Changmin’s house slippers. She closed her eyes expecting to feel the cold hard floor but she never hit solid ground. She slowly opened her eyes to see Changmin grinning goofily at her. She blushed and diverted her eyes from his quickly. She cleared and stood back up pretending that nothing happened.

“Klutz,” he chuckled at her and picked up the broom that Ally had previously dropped and carried on clearing the mess that she was clearing up.

“You don’t to do that. You’ve probably had a really tiring day already,” she chimed up quietly trying to stop her ‘husband’ from cleaning up; that was her job.

“I’m fine,” he told her. Ally eyed him carefully before letting it go; besides she needed to start on the dusting anyways. 

“When are 2AM coming?” Ally broke the silence. Changmin glanced at the clock that hung on the wall beside a picture of them together on their first ‘date’.

“I think about in an hour or so,” he said. Ally scrunched up her nose and continued to dust the table tops and organise all the magazines, books and random pieces of paper, though she didn’t see why she should because it was already organised. It was an organised mess... But she knew if she didn’t tidy it up now Changmin would moan at her to do and she was make a fuss out of it and he would eventually push her out of the way and do it all himself.

She puffed out her cheeks and brushed back her long brown locks out of her face and carefully wiped the dust into a small pile on the edge of the table to clear off later. All of a sudden she sneezed making the dust fly across the newly crumbs free floor. Changmin gave her a half annoyed look before walking over and wiping the dust off. She just sheepishly grinned at him.

“Why do you bother? People are just going to step on the floor anyway,” she pointed out. He laughed at her.

“That’s such a typical Ahyoung thing to say,” he told her ruffling her hair up. Her lips transformed into a pout.

“Yah, don’t mess up my hair,” she yelled at him and chased him around the living room. Changmin ran away with a grin on his face and picked up the broom as a weapon of defence.

“Don’t come any closer. I’ve got the broom of death,” he pointed the broom at her and back up against the wall. His face was deadly serious while Ally was finding it hard not to giggle at him.

She let out a soft giggle before lifting her hands up in defeat. Changmin grinned with victory and put the broom down but as soon as he did Ally ran to him and tackled him onto the sofa.

“Ouch, Ally that hurt,” he groaned underneath the smaller girl. She frowned at him and her eyes glistened with tears.

“Are you saying I’m fat?” her voice quivered slightly. Changmin sat up immediately with a guilty face.

“Ahyoung-sshi... I didn’t mean anything like that. You’re so pretty and you’re so skinny that I would recommend that you eat more... And... uh...” he rambled as the girl began to cry silently. She smirked at wiped the tears.

“Fooled ya,” she grinned. Changmin’s face fell.

“That’s horrible Ally. I thought you were actually crying. I was really panicking,” he told her punching her lightly.

“You shouldn’t hit girls,” she teased punching him back harder. He gritted his teeth and rubbed the red spot.

“Can you even be classified as a girl?” he teased with an amused smile playing at his lips. Ally blew at her bangs and punched him harder this time.

“Jeesh, I was kidding,” he said rubbing the same arm again. This time it throbbed twice as hard as the last.

“I know,” she grinned.

“Then why did you punch me?” he whined poking her gently. She shrugged.

The pair soon got back to their tasks but almost immediately got distracted again leaving their chores behind. As they were arguing, the doorbell rang; 2am had arrived. Ally glanced over to Changmin who looked at the boxes in the corner.

“I’ll distract them while you hide the boxes in the bedroom,” she instructed before running to the door. She swung the door open to see three bright and cheery faces.

“Hi guys, how have you been?” she asked them uneasily as they stood in the hallway.

“Hi noona, can we talk once we’re inside. It’s freezing here,” the youngest, Jinwoon, complained pulling his sleeves of his hoodie to cover his hands.

“Yeah Ally its freezing here,” Jo Kwon spoke up whilst rubbing his hands together. Ally looked over to the living room where Changmin was carrying the last box.

“Really? I thought it was as warm as Costa de Sol,” she said sarcastically and chuckled lightly. She stepped aside to let them in but they just stood there.

“Well go on then,” she grabbed Seulong’s wrist and pulled him into the living room. Changmin was lying on the couch with his eyes shut and his breathing was deeper than normal. Seulong raised an eyebrow and punched Ally lightly on the shoulder.

“Oh I see why you wouldn’t let us in earlier. It’s because you and hyung were up to something before we arrived and you needed time to make yourself presentable,” he wiggled his eyebrows. Ally narrowed her eyes at him and for a split second everyone in the room thought she was about to rip him to shreds.

“...Shut up Seulong,” she told him plainly before sitting next to her ‘husband’. Seulong looked at his fellow group mates before trying to squeeze himself on the sofa next to Ally but she pushed him onto the floor.

“Yah, I’m your guest,” he frowned but stayed on the floor knowing that he tried to go back onto the sofa she’ll just push him off again or worse- throw him out in the cold.

“So what do we do?” Jinwoon piped up after moments of silence as they all became fixated on the television.

“Let’s get the married couple to play the bbo bbo game!” Jo Kwon clapped his hands together excitedly and grinned. Seulong and Jinwoon agreed whilst the other two mentally cursed Jo Kwon.

“Shireo!” Ally yelled loudly making the boys put their hands over their ears.

“You’re so like Ga In noona,” Jo Kwon said referring to his ‘We Got Married’ ‘wife’.

“I’ll only do it if you guys play too,” a sly smile tugged at Changmin’s lips. Ally glanced to Changmin and raised an eyebrow before smiling as she knew what he was playing at.

“What?!” they all said at once.

“You all heard him,” Ally hummed. Jo Kwon, Seulong and Jinwoon groaned but then Seulong shot his hand up.

“There’s three of us, someone who have a partner therefore we can’t play,” he sang.

“Jinwoon, you don’t have to play. We don’t want to ruin your innocence,” Ally said. Jinwoon fist pumped the air and began to brag to his hyungs.

“Jo Kwon, Seulong you may start,” Ally smiled.

“Bbo,” Jo Kwon started edging a few millimetres towards Seulong’s face that was fighting the urge to back up.

“Bbo,” Seulong followed after making the gap between them smaller. After a few more moves Jinwoon began to get bored and slyly smiled.

“YAH!” both boys yelled as their heads were pushed together making them ‘kiss’ for a millisecond. The pair turned bright red as chased Jinwoon around who was finding it was hard to run whilst in fits of laughter.

“I can’t breathe,” Ally said in between laughs.

“Me neither,” Changmin said resting his head on her shoulder.

Moments later, the three of them walked in. Jinwoon came back more solemn while the two other boys were still blushing like crazy. It was now extremely awkward for them and they were finding it hard to look each other in the eye.

“Ally and Changmin’s turn,” Seulong muttered quietly as Jinwoon forcefully pulled both on the mat in the middle of the room. Even before the game had officially started they felt nervous.

“Bbo,” Changmin started and inched closer to Ally’s face.

“Bbo,” Ally followed moving about an inch closer. She didn’t want to get any closer in case one of the boys pushed them together like Seulong and Jo Kwon.

“Bbo,” he moved closer making the gap even closer. So close that he could feel her faint breath.

“Bbo,” she whispered moving slightly closer. It was at the point where it was beginning to get awkward; she was debating whether to move back or not but she didn’t want to lose the game.

“Bbo,” Changmin mumbled almost inaudibly. The gap was now incredibly small. Their foreheads were practically touching. Changmin could now hear Ally’s hitched breathing.

She took in a deep breath deciding whether to move in further or not. She quickly moved away and fell down onto Jinwoon who smiled innocently at her.

“Changmin won,” Seulong announced and gestured to a very flustered Changmin sitting on his left.

“Well guys I think we should go, we’ve got somewhere to be now. Bye noona,” Jinwoon pushed Ally up so she was sitting upright and hugged her tightly.

“See you later, Ally. You too hyung,” Seulong said to the pair and walked over to Ally and hugged her too. Not too far away from the two who were hugging each other, there was a jealous looking Changmin in the corner. He didn’t understand why he felt like that. He was sure that he didn’t have any other feelings other than friendship for Ally.

“So I guess there’s no need for us to be here right?” Ally asked the older male who looked around the room trying to find an excuse for them to stay a little longer. To be honest he wanted more time with his ‘wife’; he didn’t want to go home now.

“Yeah I suppose so,” Changmin mumbled straightening the mat that was out of its place.

“Mm, so bye see you some time soon,” Ally said awkwardly as she slipped on her coat and walked towards the door. She watched her ‘husband’ who didn’t move an inch; she wanted him to tell her not to go and to stay even if it was just for 15 more minutes.

“Ahyoung – wait. Don’t leave yet. I need your opinion on this song. Would you think it would be effective song to sing if you were confessing to a girl who was your friend?” he asked her walking closer to her. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly and she cocked her head to the side.

“Um, okay... What song is it?” she asked trying to sound positive. Was that suppose to imply something? Did he like someone?, she thought.

“Just listen to the lyrics,” he half smiled to her. His palms were secreting sweat by the second and felt so nervous that he was sure that he would screw up the song. Taking a big breath he opened his mouth and began to sing:

It's been a while
since my heart has been changing,
since I've been dealing with it lonesome..
every time you came back,
I hated the guy that made you cry

I'd rather protect you,
although I don't know if it will make it better...

This time I'll hold you and love you
is what I thought

Baby, come to me now
And be my lady
I've watched you for too long
I stood there with no words,
hiding my pitiful heart.

As a friend, to remain as friends,
I had to push the confessions down my throat
But now I'll confess to you,
I love you...

“So what do you think?” he whispered softly as he hovered over her small frame.

“She’s one lucky girl. It’ll be the sweetest confession ever,” Ally managed to say. Inside she wanted to scream out of frustration. She knew she should have listened to her friends earlier; strangely they knew how she felt about the man standing in front of her before she did.

“Yeah she is indeed and I’m so glad that you like it... Because it was for you,” he said the last part so quietly that Ally almost missed it. Before she could react to his words his lips were already on hers, closing the small gap between their bodies. Everything felt so right. It was how it was supposed to be. Never once would both of them have thought to thank Seulong, Jinwoon, and Jo Kwon for making them play that dreaded game and realise their feelings for each other.

---

J’ai fini. It took longer than expected and it probably was one of the longest one shots I’ve ever written. I hope you liked it; it became a little rushed towards the end... And sorry for making you wait so long.

Good news is that my laptop back so it means updates will be quicker... I think >.< Well I’m hoping I’ll be updating quicker.