Listen to my Heartbeat [Maddi Lee & Lee Junho]

Sealed With Love [One-shot request shop~ not taking any more requests]

“Maddi!” the light brown haired girl turned around at the sound of her name being called. She saw her best friend (and also long term crush) running towards her with a huge smile plastered on his face. She could feel her lips turn up as well. Just the sight of him made her smile; his cute puppy eye smile always had the same effect on her. It always made her heart race. Scratch that, him being next to her always made her heart beat faster. He could do that to do. Yes, Maddi Lee was absolutely in love with Lee Junho.

“Junho, what’s up?” she smiled. His hand rested on her shoulder as he panted trying to catch his breath from running to one side of the school to the other.

“I need your help,” he wheezed. She raised an eyebrow up; what could be so important? She made a noise to signal that she was listening and for him to go on.

“I like someone and I need your help to ask her out,” he said really fast but unfortunately Maddi understood it all. Her eyes doubled in size and was ajar but quickly shut it.

“Who?” she managed to croak out. When he confessed she felt like dying; her heart had just broken into a thousand tiny pieces. She knew that she should have confessed earlier but she just didn’t have the confidence to do so.

“Bae Suzy,” he grinned. Her name seemed to flow so naturally from his mouth. It was almost as if they belonged with each other. Her heart seemed to break into smaller parts. Bae Suzy had never really liked Maddi, she had no clue why but everything Maddi did Suzy always had to do the same but on a high level.

She scrunched her nose in disgust.

“Okay, what were you thinking of planning?” she asked him, hoping it would be something that she would hate. It sounded bitter but it was what she wanted. But she also wanted the best for him. She didn’t want to see him crushed and have his heart broken. She didn’t want him to feel what she was feeling at the moment.

“No idea. Something that would make her fall for me,” he shrugged and tapped his finger on his chin trying to come up with some ideas.

“I have that dance competition coming up soon; I should ask her to be my partner. Suzy dances doesn’t she? That way I could get closer to her and wow her with my dance skills and then ask her out later,” he smirked playing out scenarios in his head. Maddi sighed wishing she could be his dance partner even though she knew it wouldn’t happen in a million years as she wasn’t a dancer.

“Yeah sure whatever,” she waved him off but it didn’t matter anyways since he wasn’t listening.

“Maddi!” he called out running towards her and hugged her from behind.

“What?” she breathed out as she stood frozen in place.

“Let’s go and get some milk tea,” his breath tickled her neck. She refrained herself from shivering due to his warm breath.  She just nodded stiffly. He grabbed her hand and began to drag her to a nearby café that they visited on a regular basis.

“Can we please have one milk tea and a coffee please?” he ordered. The woman at the cashier was obviously flustered by Junho as she kept on shamelessly batting her lashes and flicking her hair. Maddi rolled her eyes at her shameless flirting and attention seeking. Junho turned to Maddi randomly and gave her a smile. She smiled back; the cashier gave her a death glared and slammed the tray on the counter. Junho thanked her with a smile which sent her in a fit of giggles.

“Junho- oppa,” an all too familiar voice called out. Maddi turned to face the girl.  Suzy glared a Maddi but Junho didn’t seem to notice at all, he was too focused on the fact that Suzy was actually talking to him and that she had called him oppa.

“Suji,” Maddi nodded her head acknowledging her presence. Her name came off her tongue bitterly, almost like a bad taste in .

“It’s Suzy,” she snarled at Maddi emphasising the ‘z’. Maddi rolled her eyes at Suzy and turned around to drink her tea whilst playing with a napkin on the table.

“Hey Suzy. Can I ask you a favour?” Junho asked her.

“Of course oppa,” every word seemed to be coated in sugar; her voice had a very unnatural aegyo sound to it.

“You dance right? I was wondering if you’d like to be my dance partner as I can’t find anyone in such a short notice,” he asked her. A grin sprouted on her face and nodded like a bobble head. Desperate, were the first words that popped into Maddi’s head. She sniggered at Suzy’s behaviour.

“Finally,” she said under her breath but not quiet enough as Junho frowned at her.

“Don’t be like that,” he told her. Maddi groaned a small okay before changing the topic to something less awkward. The pair talked animatedly until it got late. By the time they had finished it was almost pitch black so Junho walked Maddi home. Just like a real boyfriend would do.

---

“And you do this,” Wooyoung demonstrated. Maddi followed as closely as possible but couldn’t keep up. She sighed in defeat.

“Come on Maddi. You can do this,” he spoke up encouraging the girl who had collapsed on the floor due to her lack in confidence in herself.

“I can’t Wooyoung,” she said tiredly. He walked over to her and passed her a bottle of water to keep her hydrated.

“This isn’t like you at all. Normally you’ll be energised and energetic. What’s up?” he asked her worriedly.

“It’s just that there’s no point now. The dance show’s tomorrow and they’ve sorted out the routine already and unless some freak accident’s going to happen Suzy’s still --” she trailed off as Wooyoung’s phone rang.

“Yobosaeyo,” he answered tiredly.

“Chincha?!” he exclaimed. Maddi stared at him with curious eyes while drinking her water.

“Oh. I have the perfect partner for you then. Just trust me. She’ll meet you there,” he smirked and hung up.

“You’ll be happy to know that Suzy cannot perform due to an accident in dance class today so you can fill in,” he grinned and pulled her up. Her eyes widened and she smiled.

“That was weird…” she mused aloud but didn’t have that much to ponder on it as Wooyoung shortly cut her off by clapping very loudly to get her attention. She narrowed her eyes at him and he beamed in response.

---

Maddi paced up and down the corridor waiting for Wooyoung. She felt like she was going to see her lunch very soon; the nerves were getting the best of her.

“Yo,” the older boy greeted. She smiled nervously at him who responded by patting her shoulder.

“You’ll be fine,” he reassured her. For that split second she felt okay but her nerves came rushing back when a certain somebody ran down panting.

“Where’s my partner?” he asked his best friend. Wooyoung smiled and pushed her forward forcefully.

“Maddi?” Junho raised an eyebrow doubting his friend’s skill as she was never known for her dancing skills.

“Don’t doubt her. She’s good. I taught her everything she knows,” Wooyoung said proudly and walked off to sit in the audience.

“Wait that was what you were doing with Wooyoung?” he asked her. Maddi nodded in response and raised an eyebrow wondering what he had assumed they were doing.

“What did you think we were doing?” she questioned him. He turned away blushing.

“Nothing just-” he was cut off by one of the backstage workers by telling him it was their time to go on stage.

Both of them stood on stage in position not knowing the outcome of the performance seeing as they haven’t practised together. They both had to trust the other and they did. The music began and both of them moved in sync complimenting each other perfectly. Every move flowed and was executed professionally. By the end of the performance both of them were panting with exhaustion and relief.

“I didn’t know you could dance like that,” he breathed in her ear. She looked up at him.

“You never asked,” she shrugged as they walked off the stage. The moment she got off she was tackled by a very happy Wooyoung.

“You did it!” he yelled with happiness. She placed her finger to her lips signalling him to quieten down and he mimicked her actions and shushed. She giggled at his actions and thanked him for his dance lessons and for never giving up on her before walking over to Junho who was wiping his dripping sweat.

He felt her presence and looked up smiling at her. For some reason his smile didn’t reach his eyes though. She frowned at him and pulled the towel out of his hands and began to wipe his forehead for him.

“Shouldn’t you be celebrating with your new best friend?” he questioned her. Even though Junho tried to conceal the bitterness it still peaked through. She smirked knowing why he sounded like that.

“No. What’s wrong? You sound so bitter,” she paused before carrying on, “Aha! You’re jealous!” she jumped up and down hitting him with his sweat drenched towel. He narrowed his eyes and pulled the towel from her.

“Shut up. I am not,” he shot at her. She grinned happily and poked him endlessly.

“You so are. But why?” she asked. It wasn’t so much aimed to him but more to herself.

“Because I…” he mumbled but Maddi didn’t quite catch the last few words.

“Huh?” she strained her ears to hear what he had to say.

“Because I like you,” he turned away as soon as the words came out of his mouth. Maddi’s smile grew even bigger and pulled on his arm to face her. His face became completely red; for once his cocky attitude was gone and replaced with a quiet and shy personality.

“What about Suji?” she asked him with the smile still plastered on her face.

“I realised how annoying she is. She’s so…” he groaned ending his sentence. She nodded in agreement as she knew the words that he wanted to say.

“Yeah well you’ll be happy to know, I kinda like you too,” she mumbled quietly becoming suddenly shy. It was now Junho’s time to smirk.

“You kinda like me?” he repeated.

“I like you,” she confirmed turning away. He pulled her arm so she could look at him. Her eyes stared into his small adorable ones. He then lifted her chin and leaned down to meet her lips with his.

From afar Suzy watched the couple and smiled to herself before going back home.

---

So fyi Suzy was never hurt and she faked it because she realised that Junho liked Maddi more than he thought he did. This was the dance I had imagined: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKG17DjeYA.

I know I made Suzy seem really… eugh, in this (until the end) but I don’t dislike her. She’s actually one of my favourite idols c:

I’m sorry for my late updates >.<

There have been a lot of things going on lately. Don’t worry, I will get all requests done ^-^

I hope you enjoyed it.

* I haven’t proof-read this so there may be a lot of mistakes in this. And for those who follow ‘I could really use a wish right now’ I am currently in the middle of a chapter. I should be able to update this weekend. I feel really bad because it’s been such a long time since I have updated but I’ve seemed to have run out of ideas… >.< Just bear with me. Thanks c: