I'm the Damsel in Distress & You're my Prince [Teresa & Yang Seungho]

Sealed With Love [One-shot request shop~ not taking any more requests]

Yang Seungho scanned the room for an empty seat. He would have sat in his normal seat but couldn’t as a cluster of girls were blocking it. He would have asked them to move but he just couldn’t be asked. Plus there was a high possibility that he would be mobbed by the fangirls. After all, they weren’t around that desk for nothing; they were all waiting for Seungho to ask them to move out of the way because then he would have actually said something to them. Yes, they were officially insane.

 

He sighed in defeat as he saw all of the seats were taken. Just to make sure, he scanned the room again. Bingo. There was one spare seat next to that girl. What was her name? It wasn’t Korean; that was the only thing he could remember. Tina… nope. Tessa… no. Therese… it was something like that. Teresa - that was her name.

 

He casually strolled up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She glanced up at him and pulled off her headphones.

 

“May I sit here today?” he asked her politely. Teresa was about to say no until she looked over to where Seungho usually would have sat and saw the fangirls. Her doe-like eyes flickered back to Seungho and nodded her head. He mumbled a small thanks and sat down next to her.

 

For the rest of the lesson, Teresa was getting death glares for Seungho’s little fan club. She tried not to take notice of it but she couldn’t help but feel worried. She knew what they were capable of. She just hoped she didn’t get targeted.

 

For the next couple of weeks, Seungho never returned back to his original seat. He liked Teresa’s company. She was cute, both personality and appearance wise. He found that she was very different from the other girls. She didn’t seem to get flustered when he spoke to her or fangirl either; he was glad that she didn’t. Around her he just felt like a normal person, which he was, he didn’t see why he had a fanclub.

 

“Is this right?” Seungho tapped his partner on the shoulder gaining her attention. He watched her as she read over his work. Taking a pencil from his side of the desk, she corrected all of the mistakes and slid the book back to him.

 

“Now it is,” she smiled.

 

Two desks away from Seungho and Teresa was Krystal’s desk. She glared at Teresa. How dare she take her Seungho away from her? Seungho was hers; she made that clear to the others. Now it was time to make sure that Teresa knew that Seungho was hers and only hers.

 

The bell rang making Teresa jump back slightly as she realised how close she was to Seungho. The only thing separating them was the ruler that was in between them. Her cheeks were tinged a light pink; Seungho thought it looked really cute. It made her look more innocent and doll like.

 

“So I’ll see you later,” he waved goodbye to her as he left. Teresa smiled to herself as she packed up her belongings. She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she didn’t even realise that Krystal was still in the classroom.

 

“So you and Seungho huh?” she slammed her hands on Teresa’s desk making her head snap up from the loud sound it made.

 

“There’s nothing going between us. We’re only friends,” she told the other girl who didn’t believe her words.

 

“Yeah sure whatever you say,” she muttered bitterly under her breath. Krystal snatched the book that Teresa was putting away in her bag capturing her attention.

 

“Listen, Seungho is mine and only mine. I see the way you look at him and I don’t like it. He’s mine. Got it?” Krystal spat menacing as she pushed Teresa into the filing cabinets making her suddenly bang her knee into the edge of one of the tables.

 

“Krystal-sshi, I didn’t know. I’m sorry,” she trembled with fear. Teresa’s eyes were beginning to tear up. Krystal scoffed at her and pushed her down roughly.

 

“Don’t lie to me. Besides, you have no chance with Seungho. You’re not even pretty. You’re just plain and talentless. No one cares for smart girls. You’re useless,” Krystal shrieked and kicked her with every insult. Tears fell from Teresa’s eyes like a waterfall. Each word cut her like a knife - cold and sharp. 

 

“Stop it,” a semi calm voice spoke up. Krystal turned around to see Seungho who was burning with anger. Krystal immediately stepped away from Teresa and began to break down with fake tears. Seungho rolled his eyes at the fake girl and walked over to Teresa. He brushed the hair out of her face and took out a handkerchief to wipe her tears. She looked up to see who the mystery person was. She gasped lightly when she saw Seungho was her saviour.

 

“Don’t cry,” he whispered soft enough for her to hear.

 

“Can you stand up?” she tried to but almost fell back down again. If Seungho wasn’t there then she would have fallen down again. He sighed and picked her up bridal style.

 

“Teresa, can you wait outside for two minutes? I need to have a word with Krystal,” he told her quietly. He didn’t want to leave her alone; she was too fragile, he needed to be with her, he wanted to be with her. He didn’t want her to find more danger but he had to make sure that Krystal wouldn’t cause Teresa more trouble.

 

Outside the room, Teresa steadied herself against the door frame. She knew there would be a load of bruises in the morning; her body just hurt like hell at the moment. She wished she could be that type of person who could stand up for herself; she wished that she wasn’t so weak. Her eyes began to tear up at the thought of being trampled over by everyone. What Krystal had said was true? How could someone as amazing as Seungho like Teresa? She couldn’t do anything right. She had too many flaws.

 

“Baby, what are you doing out here? Waiting for me right?” Teresa’s ex boyfriend, Hyunseung, strolled up to her. She quickly wiped the tears and narrowed her eyes at him. She didn’t want to see him at the moment. He was the last person, except Krystal, that she wanted to see right now.

 

“Leave me alone,” she growled. He frowned for a second but shrugged off her ‘leave me alone’ and slung an arm around her shoulders.

 

“Don’t push me away. I know you still love me,” he cooed. Disgusted, Teresa tried to push him away but wasn’t too successful as she only could use one hand and he kept a tight grip on her.

 

“Loving you was a mistake,” she told him. Hyunseung sighed; he was going to have to do it the hard way. He pushed her into the wall and slammed both hands either side of her so she was trapped.

 

“Get off me,” she shrieked. He smirked and placed his lips at the base of her neck and began to work up. She screamed and tried to pry him off but he didn’t budge.

 

“Oh my god! Get off Teresa!” Gina Choi, Teresa’s best friend, yelled and pushed him onto the floor.
 

“Unnie,” Teresa cried out and hugged her tightly like a scared child. Gina smoothed out her friend’s hair and rubbed her back soothingly.

 

“What’s going on?” Seungho asked as he came out of the room after hearing Teresa scream for help. Genuine concern was written on his face but Gina still glared at him. He was bad news. Being in a gang can never be a good thing. She didn’t like that her best friend was around someone like Yang Seungho.

 

“None of your business,” Gina butted in before Teresa could say anything. Seungho’s eyes flickered to Hyunseung who was still lying on the floor back to Teresa. He grabbed the younger boy by the collar and pushed him into the wall.

 

“What did you do to her?!” he barked at him. Hyunseung’s smirk was now wiped off his face; he knew what Seungho was capable of and he didn’t want to get himself hurt.

 

“Nothing man, chill. Seriously are you like her boyfriend or something now?” he asked the older male. The thought of Teresa having a new boyfriend made his heart drop. He wanted her back. He knew that his method was not the way to get her back, it probably has driven her further away instead, but he didn’t know what to do. He was so desperate that he didn’t think about what he was doing.

“I don’t believe you but I’m letting you off this once. If I catch you near her ever again there won’t be any more chances,” he seethed and let go of him. Hyunseung, without hesitation, scurried away.

 

“I’ll take you home,” Seungho sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. Gina stood in front of Teresa ready to object.

 

“No I’ll do it,” she snarled.

 

“But unnie…” Teresa began to cut in. Gina silenced her and dragged her away.

 

Teresa didn’t understand why Gina was acting so hostile towards Seungho. He was a kind person, not bad. There was nothing wrong with him. Shouldn’t she like him because she made Teresa happy? Isn’t that how friends are supposed to act? If a guy makes your friend happy then you’re supposed to like them because you care more about your friend’s happiness.

 

“I don’t want you seeing him,” Gina told the younger girl. Teresa pouted.

 

“Why not?” she asked. Gina sighed.

 

“Because he’s bad news. I don’t like that he’s involved in a gang. I don’t want you getting dragged in,” she explained. Teresa frowned and refused to talk to her friend, instead she watched the rain fall on the window. Her fingers drummed to the pattern it was making.

 

Outside, someone caught her eye. It looks familiarly like Seungho. She squinted a little and realised that it actually was Seungho.

 

“Stop the car,” she squealed. Gina furrowed her eyebrows but did as she was told. As soon as the car had stopped moving, Teresa ran out of the car and into the rain chasing after that person.

 

Seungho was too interested in his own thoughts to realise that a girl, more specifically the girl he liked, had ran after him until he couldn’t feel the rain drops falling on his skin. He looked beside him to see Teresa with a small smile plastered on her face.

 

“You’ll get a cold,” she broke the silence. He looked at her with an ‘are you kidding’ look.

 

“You will too,” he pointed to her now wet clothes. She looked down and a small ‘oh’ escaped her lips.

 

“Why did you help me?” she asked him full of curiosity. He shrugged not wanting to tell her the real answer of his reasons.

 

“I’m not pretty. I’m not smart. I’m not talented. I’m useless. So why did you help me and stand up for me?” she questioned his motifs. It couldn’t be because he liked her. That was impossible. It just was.

 

“Do you even hear yourself talking?” he shook his head and growled at her. She flinched at the volume at his voice.

 

“You’re the prettiest girl I know, the smartest girl I know, you’re extremely talented, seriously you’re singing is absolutely beautiful. You are definitely not useless. You have many flaws but that’s what I like about you. It makes you unique. It makes you human. I guess I helped you because I like you,” he told her. Teresa blinked in disbelief. Did she just hear him correctly? He likes her.

 

“You like me?” she asked again for confirmation. He laughed a little and nodded. For once he was actually getting nervous in a girl’s presence.

 

“I like you too,” she told him. His heart began to beat so fast that he thought it would explode. He swore he would never fall in love but here he was confessing to a girl he fell for.

 

“Good,” he whispered against her lips before pressing his to hers. Teresa slowly responded to the kiss and moved her lips against his. The umbrella was now forgotten about and neither of them was worried about getting ill. Every irrelevant thought was now forgotten and all that they could think of was how right the kiss was. They were complete.

 

From the car, a sigh escaped Gina’s lips. She was happy and that was all she asked for. Even though she didn’t like Seungho there was nothing she could do about it. It was Teresa’s choice and he did seem to be genuinely concerned for her. Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. It was possible that she would learn to like him.

---

I swear this is like the longest one shot I’ve written so far. I’m kind of proud with this one ^^

I hope you like it. I’m almost done – whoopee!