THE DEVIL’S DOWNFALL…

INTERTWINED

That night, Hyun Joong and So Min were having dinner with So Min’s parents and Hyun Joong’s mother when they were also joined by Shinhye and Yonghwa’s families.

“Good evening”, Yonghwa greeted everyone.

“Hi, good evening”, everyone greeted back.

“Come join us”, Mrs. Kim welcomed them.

“We’re celebrating my engagement to So Min”, Hyun Joong informed them.

“Congatulations! We saw your proposal and it’s quite romantic”, Shinhye happily said.

“Thank you so much”, So Min replied.

“When do you plan to have the wedding?” Mrs. Jung asked her sister.

“We’re planning to have it next week”, Mrs. Kim replied.

“Wow! It’s good! I guess we should also plan the wedding of Shinhye and Yonghwa so it would be a double wedding!” Mrs. Jung excitedly suggested.

“What do you think, baby?” Yonghwa asked Shinhye…looking expentantly at her.

“Yeah…why not? Sure…it will be grand!” Shinhye agreed.

“Thank you so much, baby!” Yonghwa happily said before he kissed Shinhye in front of their families.

“Congratulations!” everyone also greeted them.

“Let’s go eat”, Mrs. Kim said as she motioned the servants to start serving dinner.

Everyone at the table was chatting happily…talking about motifs, wedding gowns, invitations, venues and flower arrangements.

“Violet will be a good motif”, So Min suggested.

“Royal blue will be cool”, Shinhye said.

“Why don’t we make it blue violet?” Hyun Joong suggested.

“That’s better”, both brides answered chorusly with a smile.

“Let’s have a 10-tier cake”, Mrs. Jung said.

“Vanilla or Strawberry?” Mrs. Kim asked as to the flavor of the cake.

“I guess it would be better to have vanilla outside with strawberry filling on the inside”, Yonghwa replied.

“The venue should be at the Palace Hotel”, So Min’s mother suggested.

“That will be splendid…it has the largest function hall for weddings”, Mrs. Jung replied.

They were interrupted when Yonghwa received a text message…

“Mom, someone’s outside…I guess it’s time for you to meet him…them”, Yonghwa said as he pocketed his cellphone.

“Are they your friends?” Mrs. Jung asked smiling.

“They’re more than that, mom”, Yonghwa replied also with a smile.

“Well…let them in, son”, Mrs. Jung said.

Yonghwa went outside; when he came back…he was with Kyuhyun and Victoria.

“Good evening, everyone”, Kyuhyun politely said before he bowed.

“Y-you’re alive!” Mrs. Kim said in a horrified voice.

“Y-you’re not dead!” So Min’s mother said.

“B-but the one who died in that explosion…” So Min’s father was not able to continue his words as he drank his glass of water.

“I know that it’s difficult to explain…but I survived that explosion and the hitman Secretary Cho sent to eliminate me”, Kyuhyun replied.

“Secretary Cho? Isn’t he your father?” So Min’s mother asked confused…

“He isn’t because he is my ex-husband’s son”, Mrs. Jung answered even before Kyuhyun was able to answer.

“Mom, please…” Yonghwa said.

“Its okay, Yonghwa, we’ll go”, Kyuhyun said.

“No, Kyuhyun, please stay”, Yonghwa said. “Mom, please, let’s talk about this”.

Mrs. Jung nodded before she stood and excused herself from the table. She went outside towards the convervatory where her precious orchids were housed.

“Mom, he’s dad’s son and you know that yourself”, Yonghwa started.

“I know…I’m sorry about being rude inside…but he reminds me of your father”, Mrs. Jung said.

“Mom, it’s been a long time…dad hurt you…he hurt me, too; but most of all he abandoned Kyuhyun to his fate as a puppet of Secretary Cho. This time, Kyuhyun wanted to start a new and he wanted to do it right. Please, let’s give him a chance”, Yonghwa said emotionally…tears b from his eyes.

“Yes…yes…let’s give your brother a chance”, Mrs. Jung replied…she was already crying.

“Thank you, Mrs. Jung, thank you so much”, Kyuhyun said from the door of the conservatory…he was also crying from the happiness he was feeling from being accepted.

“Call me mom, Kyuhyun, from now on I’d treat you as my son, too”, Mrs. Jung said as she opened her arms to welcome Kyuhyun.

“Thank you, thank you”, Kyuhyun said as he embraced Mrs. Jung and they were both embraced by Yonghwa.

“Let’s go inside and you can formally introduce Victoria Song as your fiancé”, Mrs. Jung suggested as she went inside followed by Yonghwa and Kyuhyun.

“Since we also have Kyuhyun and Victoria here why don’t we have a triple wedding instead of double?” Mrs. Kim suggested.

“Would that be okay, sweetheart?” Kyuhyun asked Victoria.

“It will be okay…I’d speak to my dad”, Victoria replied.

“We’ll convince your dad”, Mrs. Jung said as everyone laughed and happily ate dinner that night.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That night at Cho Mansion, Mrs. Cho was lying on the floor…she was served with plain bread and water by some of the servants when Secretary Cho was not around. One of the servants came that night to bring her dinner while Secretary Cho had not yet arrived.

“Madam, here’s your food”, the servant said.

“Please, help me escape…please help me escape”, Mrs. Cho pleaded.

“Madam, I’m sorry…I can’t do it. Secretary Cho will have my head if I helped you escape”, the servant said…as she put the food on the floor and backed out towards the door.

“Please, I beg you…help me…help me. I won’t tell him that you’re the one who helped me”, Mrs. Cho continuously pleaded.

“Madam, I’m sorry…I’m really sorry”, the servant said as she immediately backed out and closed the door.

Mrs. Cho laid herself on the carpeted floor…feeling the desperation for not being able to save her son and for not being able to stop his husband from wrecking havoc to other people’s lives.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two days later, Shinhye and Yonghwa were facing each other happily at the Jung Mansion…

“Last time, my family celebrated the engagement of my only daughter to Cho Kyuhyun but this time we are celebrating the engagement of my daughter to her childhood best friend and sweetheart Jung Yonghwa”, Chairman Park said in a boomingly happy voice as the visitors erupted to an applause.

Shinhye wore a below the knee A-line skirt blue backless dress which showed her delicate curves and white complexion to perfection. Her wavy hair hung around her shoulders to her back. She was wearing her pumps which added more height to her petite figure. Yonghwa was equally handsome with his black tuxedo and crisp white t-shirt paired with black loaffers.

Yonghwa and Shinhye went up the makeshift stage, the spotlight on them. Yonghwa knelt on his knee and opened a velvet box. It contained a heart-shaped cut diamond surrounded by small dotted emeralds set in a heavy gold band.

“Shinhye, baby, I love you so much. After all these years, we have been together…we have been bestfriends…confidantes…through thick and thin…through the storm…through the problems. I hope you’ll make me the happiest man on earth…will you be my wife?” Yonghwa asked happily.

“Heavens! I love you, too, Yonghwa, baby. I love you so much…yes…yes…I’ll be your wife”, Shinhye said…she was beaming with extreme happiness…happy tears falling from her eyes.

“Thank you…thank you…I’ll treasure you forever”, Yonghwa said as he put the ring on Shinhye’s left hand at her fourth finger and they embraced each other before they kissed passionately. Everyone applauded and cheers of congratulations erupted inside the ballroom of the Jung Mansion.

The couple stayed at the makeshift stage…amidst the glittering lights and flashing of the cameras. They were beaming with laughter as they received congratulations from Hyun Joong and So Min and their families. Victoria also went up to congratulate them. Kyuhyun decided not show himself to avoid the havoc of the press people.

“You look so happy…but you forgot to send me an invitation”, Secretary Cho said.

Everyone looked towards the direction of the door where Secretary Cho was standing…he was slowly approaching the stage.

“I’d like to extend my congratulations to the two of you”, Secretary Cho smilingly said.

Secretary Cho went upstairs…he grabbed the microphone from Shinhye’s father.

“The two of you caused the death of my son…you had an affair with Yonghwa while still engaged to my son…my poor son, Kyuhyun. You drove him to commit suicide”, Secretary Cho announced as tears fell from his eyes.

“You know that it’s not true”, Shinhye said.

“Not true? Not true?” Secretary Cho asked as he laughed mockingly.

“Yes…it’s not true…because I’m still alive, dad”, Kyuhyun said from the corner of the room…as he limped approaching towards the makeshift stage.

“K-Kyuhyun, son, you’re alive”, Secretary Cho said…he paled in a mixture of surprise and fear seeing Kyuhyun standing in front of him…limping but alive.

“Son? I wonder how a father could kill his own son for his political ambition”, Kyuhyun sarcastically said.

Everyone at the ballroom whispered among themselves…they were pointing at Secretary Cho.

“Kill you? You know that I didn’t do anything like that. You’re my only son and I love you so much to do that”, Secretary Cho continued to act as though he was innocent.

“Really?” Kyuhyun said as he pressed the record on his phone.

“Are you telling me that you’re willing to do everything just for the sake of your ambition?” Mrs. Cho asked her voice reflected her disbelief at what her husband had become.

“Yes, I’m willing to do everything…absolutely everything”, Secretary Cho confirmed with finality.

“But…Kyuhyun doesn’t want to marry Shinhye…he is willing to marry Victoria. Victoria also came from a wealthy family. Can’t you just agree to allow your son to marry her?”Mrs. Cho pleaded.

“No…I don’t need Victoria Song. I need someone like Shinhye whose family connections and influence will do me a world of good”, Secretary Cho replied rudely.

“Shinhye won’t marry Kyuhyun not now and not ever”, Mrs. Cho said.

“She would…I’ll make sure she will”, Secretary Cho said.

“Don’t you love your son?” Mrs. Cho finally asked. Tears brimmed from her eyes.

“Son? What son?” Secretary Cho asked sarcastically.

Kyuhyun’s heartbeat accelerated at his father’s question…he felt his palms and brows beaded with sweat.

“Kyuhyun’s your son”, Mrs. Cho replied.

“C’mon…you and I know that Kyuhyun is just your son and not mine”, Secretary Cho angrily snarled…his eyes burned with pent up rage.

“W-What do you mean by that?” Mrs. Cho asked.

“Kyuhyun’s not my son…I know that he is the son of your lover, Jung Hyo. The irony of it…Kyuhyun would be fighting for Shinhye against Jung Yonghwa who is his half brother”, Secretary Cho chuckled cruelly.

 “I knew from the beginning that he isn’t my son because I knew from the start that I’m incapable of giving you a child so when you got pregnant I had you investigated secretly and discovered that you were having an illicit relationship with Yonghwa’s father”, Secretary Cho said his whole self was contorted with anger for his wife and for Kyuhyun.

“I beg you…please…if you’d hurt anyone…please not my son. I can’t atone for what I did in the past since you won’t let me anymore but please spare my son”, Mrs. Cho kneeled in front of his husband in supplication begging for her son’s life to be spared.

“This I tell you, my dear infidel wife, if your worthless son did not marry Shinhye nor follow my orders I won’t hesitate to kill him. Anyway, since he is too stubborn to follow me I might already ask someone to end his miserable life. I will kill Kyuhyun and be very happy for it”, Secretary Cho declared cold-bloodedly as he went to sit on his swivel chair.

“Please…no…spare my son”, Mrs. Cho begged as tears fell from her eyes knowing that there would be no stopping the evil that was her husband.

Secretary Cho blanched at what he heard…Kyuhyun was able to record his conversation with his wife.

“It can’t be…it can’t be”, Secretary Cho muttured in disbelief.

“Aside from that Secretary Cho, I, Yonghwa and Hyun Joong unearthed evidences that you were the one involved in accusing Shinhye’s family of tax fraud…your accomplice already gave you up to save himself from a long stay in prison”, Kyuhyun announced.

“Give it up now, Secretary Cho, it’s all over”, Yonghwa said.

“Everyone…you heard how foul this person is…would you still vote for someone like him? He is a failure at his own family…a father who could kill the son he raised because of his ambitions”, Hyun Joong said to everyone inside the ballroom while every cameras and videos captured the moment.

“No…you can’t do this to me”, Secretary Cho said…his face contorting in rage.

“Take this man outside”, Mrs. Jung said as she motioned for their guards to grab Secretary Cho and him outside the Jung Mansion.

“You can’t do this to me”, Secretary Cho shouted as he grabbed the gun from the holster attached to the waist of one of the guards who escorting him. He then, grabbed Shinhye and held her hostage using a .45 caliber gun.

“No one follows or else…she’ll die”, Secretary Cho threateningly said as he moved backwards towards the main door of the mansion.

“Shinhye, baby”, Yonghwa shouted as he tried to follow.

“No…Shinhye…no!” Mrs. Park wailed as she fell on her knees.

“You can’t get away with this, Secretary Cho!” Chairman Park shouted in rage.

“You can’t escape the hands of the law, Secretary Cho”, Shinhye muttered.

“I can’t escape the hands of the law but you…you won’t escape the hands of death”, Secretary Cho said as he pointed the barrel of the gun to Shinhye’s temple.

Secretary Cho grabbed a rope from his pocket and he tied Shinhye’s hands from behind to prevent her from escaping. He then opened the door of his car and threw her at the passenger seat.

“Don’t try anything…or I’ll kill you”, Secretary Cho threatened Shinhye who was wincing in pain at being tied from behind.

Secretary Cho maneuvered his car and drove towards the gate of the mansion going outside to the main road.

“Let’s follow him”, Yonghwa said as he immediately moved towards his Volvo.

“Victoria, let’s go”, Kyuhyun said as he handed Victoria his car keys.

“Let’s go, So Min”, Hyun Joong said as he and So Min ran to the Land Rover.

“Dad, Mom, we’ll bring her back to you or die trying”, Yonghwa promised Shinhye’s parents.

“Take care, Yonghwa. Please, bring her safely”, Chairman Park said.

“Yes, dad”, Yonghwa said.

They went outside the mansion…the butler who was also able to call the police from the kitchen so the mobile arrived and was able to follow Yonghwa’s group. They followed the car of Secretary Cho which was speeding along the road. They were able to catch up on Secretary Cho’s car when it stopped at the intersection during the red light.

“! !” Secretary Cho shouted in rage as he hit the steering wheel several times.

“You can’t escape”, Shinhye said.

“Out! Out!” Secretary Cho pulled Shinhye from the passenger seat. He dragged her and held her hostage.

The police pointed their guns at Secretary Cho. Yonghwa, Hyun Joong and Kyuhyun also pointed their licensed gun at him.

“No one will come near or I’ll shoot”, Secretary Cho shouted as he pointed his gun to anyone while still clutching Shinhye to his chest.

“You’re already surrounded, Secretary Cho, surrender now!” the leader of the police operation said at the mega phone.

“No! You can’t catch me alive!” Secretary Cho shouted…he was already deranged. He then shoot one of the police officers…the man was hit on the chest and fell to the ground dead.

“You see!!! I can kill anyone!” Secretary Cho said as he shot another this time it was Kyuhyun.

“No!” Victoria shouted as she embraced Kyuhyun…she was hit at the back by the bullet.

“Victoria, Victoria!” Kyuhyun wailed as he saw blood oozing from Victoria’s back as Victoria was gradually going down.

“You’re going too far, Secretary Cho”, Yonghwa said angrily seeing his brother clutching Victoria to his chest while sitting on the ground.

Secretary Cho still let go two wild shots…wounding two police officers. Shinhye looked at Yonghwa and with understanding she nodded….she would risk it. She suddenly stepped on Secretary Cho’s foot with the point of her high heel.

“Awww! You, !” Secretary Cho shouted in pain as he was levering his gun towards Shinhye who was running towards Yonghwa.

Yonghwa embraced Shinhye…shielding him with his body…expecting the bullet from Secretary Cho’s gun instead they heard a gun shot but it wasn’t from Secretary Cho’s gun.

“Ahhh!” Secretary Cho moaned as he clutched at his chest. He was gradually going down but he was still hit by two more shots to his back. He fell on the ground face down.

“I hate you! I hate you!” it was Mrs. Cho holding Secretary Cho’s gun in her hands…still smoking from the three gun shots she fired. She was disheveled in her dirty long dress…her hands were bleeding. She escaped the house when she hit with a large flower vase a servant who brought her a pitcher of water.

“Mom! Mom!” Kyuhyun shouted seeing the blank expression on his mother’s face.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun, dearest. Please, forgive mom for not being a good mother to you. I love you so much…I love you so much…” Mrs. Cho said.

“Mrs. Cho, please, move closer to us…let go of that gun”, the leader of the police squad said in a gentle voice.

Mrs. Cho shook her head as tears fell from her eyes…she put the gun towards her temple…

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun, mom’s so sorry”, Mrs. Cho said in a broken voice…she smiled sadly as she fired the gun to her temple….killing her. Blood spattered on the ground…spreading around Mrs. Cho’s body in puddles.

“Mom! Mom!” Kyuhyun gently placed Victoria’s unconscious body to So Min’s arms as he ran towards her mother.

“No! Mom!” Kyuhyun shouted and wailed his pain and his anger at what happened to him…to his mother whom Secretary Cho both destroyed.

Shinhye embraced Yonghwa as she too cried silently on on his shoulder. Hyun Joong also embraced So Min who was sheltering Victoria’s unconscious body.

“Men…please clear the area...bring the wounded to the hospital and the dead to the morgue”, the leader of the police squad commanded.

The police busily brought the wounded and the dead to the ambulance which came at the spot. They pulled Kyuhyun to his feet. He was till wailing pitifully as his mother’s body was loaded to the ambulance towards the direction of the hospital…


Hi everyone! I just wanna greet everyone...a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!! Thank you for all your support...love you all so much....