THE MORNING AFTER ....

INTERTWINED

Hyun Joong was drinking coffee that morning. He was alone at the dining area since his mother decided to visit some of her friends in Tokyo, Japan and would spend two weeks with them. He felt good that he became friends with So Min but he was also sad with what she said after their dinner…

“Hyun Joong, I’m really glad that you’re my friend. I really pleased that you’re kind to me that you treat me well even though I’m not someone from your world”, So Min said her eyes looked sad. They were inside Hyun Joong Land Rover going to the apartment of So Min’s family.

“Look, So Min, I’m your friend and it’s a pleasure to me to spend the time with you. As for you not being from a rich family…I don’t really care about that what matters most is I really, really like to be with you”, Hyun Joong tried to make So Min feel comfortable.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong. I’m thankful to you because you’re treating me well in such a way that my ex-boyfriend had never done for me before. I must admit that he was attentive and a gentleman at first but later he became so distant that I felt as if he only needed me to feel good about himself and clearly that was what he really did”, So Min sighed and felt the pangs of bitterness.

Hyun Joong understood her too well; and, he decided to briefly squeezed So Min’s hand and smiled at her. So Min smiled back but still the pain was etched on her eyes.

“So Min, I hope that you heal soon. I’ll wait for you to heal and learn to trust again”, Hyun Joong told himself as he sipped his coffee.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa woke up with a headache that morning. The last he remembered was he was at the dining area with Joo Hyun. He was just surprised that he was aleady on his bed and he was stripped of his clothes. Someone knocked on his door…

“E-enter”, Yonghwa called out as he again lay on his bed.

“Good morning, sir”, the butler said with him was a tray with a cup of steaming coffee. The scent of the freshly brewed coffee relieved Yonghwa’s headache a little.

“Thank you…please just put that here”, Yonghwa motioned the bedside table. “Butler Go, how did I arrive here? The last time I remembered I was at the dining area.”

“I and Ms. Joo Hyun brought you here. I left you with Ms. Joo Hyun afterwards because she said that before you passed out, you told her to take care of you”, the butler replied.

“Ah…I can’t remember what happened last night…I don’t know what with the wine served to me last night because I used to drink wine but it’s the first time that I passed out after taking only a glass”, Yonghwa remarked.

“I was wondering myself, sir, because I served the usual wine on your dinner last night”, the butler also remarked.

Yonghwa shook his head and began to sip his coffee when Hyun Joong arrived at his room.

“Good morning, Mr. Hyun Joong. Would you also like a cup of coffee?” the butler asked after he bowed politely.

“No, thank you. I just had enough to sink a ship this morning”, Hyun Joong replied as he sat on the chair at Yonghwa’s study table.

The butler politely excused himself and closed the door as he left.

“Hangover?” Hyun Joong asked.

“I can’t call this a hangover because I only drank a glass of red wine last evening; but, something’s not right about the  wine because after drinking it…I passed out”, Yonghwa replied as he continued to drink the brew.

“Really? That’s odd. By the way, I’d like to thank you, cousin, for taking the hint and leaving me with So Min yesterday. We were able to talk a lot”, Hyun Joong said smiling.

“What did you discuss?” Yonghwa asked curiously.

“About her and about me; about our lives before we met”, Hyun Joong replied.

“Vague answers, huh? At least, the two of you are getting well and you’re stating to develop friendship. I guess the two of you are perfect for each other…I mean you love her and she’s already open to you despite the fact that you just met recently”, Yonghwa commented.

“Yeah…I really appreciate that and I promised myself that I would wait for her to feel that she could be more than a friend to me”, Hyun Joong said.

“Hyun Joong, Joo Hyun came here last night”, Yonghwa blurted out.

“W-What? I thought you’re not into her! Don’t tell me that when you told me that someone texted you when we were at the restaurant it were really Joo Hyun?” Hyun Joong asked.

“No…of course not…it wasn’t her. Actually, when I arrived home…she was already here waiting for me. She said that she wanted to dine with me. I wanted to send her on her way but my good manners got the better on me so I decided to eat with her even though I wanted to rest already”, Yonghwa’s irritation was plain on his face.

“Wow! She’s so persistent to be close with you again”, Hyun Joong shuddered remembering the harpy look of Joo Hyun in one of the magazines he perused that morning when he dropped by his office at the K Talent Agency.

“Yeah…and it’s annoying the hell out of me!” Yonghwa exclaimed.

“You have to be careful…Shnhye’s not yet here. What if she heard things about Joo Hyun she might misinterpret them”, Hyun Joong commented.

“I know that, okay. I don’t want Shinhye to get wrong ideas”, Yonghwa remarked.

“Yeah…it would be bad if Shinhye got the wrong ideas about you and Joo Hyun. I guess you have to try your best to avoid Joo Hyun”, Hyun Joong said.

 “Yeah. Hyun Joong, if you don’t mind I’ll take a bath now…still need to go to my classes at the university”, Yonghwa excused himself as he stood from the bed and went to his comfort room.

“Okay…just wait for you outside”, Hyun Joong said as he went out of Yonghwa’s room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joo Hyun was at the parking lot of the condominium; she was about to open her car when someone spoke to her side.

“So you already started with your plan?” It was Siwon who leaned on the side of her car.

“Huh! You scared me! Why are you creeping on me like that?” Joo Hyun irritatingly said.

“I saw you last night…I was outside the Jung Mansion and I saw you”, Siwon was undaunted by Joo Hyun’s show of temper.

“So what? I’m not answerable to you, am I?” Joo Hyun replied defiantly.

“No…of course not”, Siwon replied with a grin as he perused Joo Hyun’s appearance.

“Will you stop ogling me like that?” Joo Hyun angrily said.

“Why would I? You’re beautiful and I like you”, Siwon frankly said.

“And I don’t like you at all…and I would be eternally grateful if you would be so good as to get out of my way”, Joo Hyun sarcastically said as she entered her car and started the ignition.

Siwon got out of the way but his eyes followed the maneuvering car.


Friends, Joo Hyun had already executed her sinister plan to destroy Yonghwa and Shinhye. I really hope that they really survive this obstacle. More tears, laughter and love along the way. Anyways, thank you for your continuous support...in subscribing, reading and commenting on my story. Love you all!!!