A CHANGE OF HEART…

INTERTWINED

Shinhye was at the fitting room for her wedding gown when Kyuhyun came. He was looking at her with a softened expression rather than the bitter ones he used to present to the world.

“You came to see me fit my wedding gown?” Shinhye asked as they were sitting on a coffee shop.

“I guess so…but I didn’t invite you hear to trade insults with you”, Kyuhyun said his voice gentle.

“Why did you invite me then if not to trade insults with me?” Shinhye asked as she was stirring her coffee.

“I came here to apologize for all the wrongs that I committed to you during the time when we were young and for being spineless in the face of my father”, Kyuhyun said sincerity plain in his voice.

Shinhye nearly dropped the cup at what she heard…Kyuhyun was apologizing for everything that he did to her.

“Are by chance suffering from dementia, Kyuhyun?” Shinhye asked surprised at the Kyuhyun in front of her and frankly a bit worried that she was facing someone who was not Kyuhyun.

“I’m sincere, Shinhye, I want to apologize to you for everything that I did…and I’ll back out of our wedding”, Kyuhyun replied.

“Why?” Shinhye asked still skeptical at what shw was hearing from Kyuhyun.

“Maybe because Yonghwa’s fists knocked some sense into my muddled brain the last time we fought”, Kyuhyun jokingly said but he saw that Shinhye was not smiling at his attempt to joke.

“Kyuhyun, why?” Shinhye asked.

“Because I want to change, Shinhye. After I fought with Yonghwa, I realized how much he loves you that he was willing to be embroiled in a fight and fought for your honor. I just realized that I haven’t been living to be a good person…just following my father who treated me badly. I’m already tired of these entire charade…I want to start again and start right”, Kyuhyun explained.

“Aren’t you worried that your father might disown you?” Shinhye asked suddenly a bit concern about this new Kyuhyun in front of her.

“No…I’m no longer worried about him. Anyway, he already disowned me a long time ago when he forced me to live like a puppet and not his son”, Kyuhyun said.

“What do you plan to do?”Shinhye asked.

“I’ll apologize to all the people whom I hurt…I’ll try to talk to my father and if he disowned me I’ll go to another country and start there all over again far from him…far from his damning influence over my life”, Kyuhyun replied.

“Wow! This is something that I’m not expecting from you, Kyuhyun. I don’t know how I’ll react on it”, Shinhye said with a deep sigh.

“I know that forgiving me won’t come that easily but the important thing is…I’m able to beg your forgiveness. Shinhye, marry Yonghwa he is the one who loves you so much and you’ll be happy with him”, Kyuhyun said with a smile that made him look nicer.

“What if your father forced you to do his bidding?” Shinhye asked.

“I plan to fight my father, Shinhye; a manipulative man like him doesn’t deserve to be a senator of this country. He doesn’t have the right to be a leader because he’s never been an honorable person in the first place”, Kyuhyun said.

“How are you going to fight him?” Shinhye asked.

“I’ll announce all his sins during our wedding…don’t worry there won’t be a wedding for us. I’ll just use that means to gather the people and drop the bomb that will end my father’s career”, Kyuhyun said with determination.

“What made you change your mind?” Shinhye asked seeing Kyuhyun in a different light.

“Victoria made me change my heart”, Kyuhyun said without hesitation.

“Victoria…Victoria Song?” Shinhye asked…she knew Victoria as Kyuhyun’s best friend.

“I love her and I realized that I should be with her not with anybody else. She understands me the way no one does…she loves me more than I love myself. I realized that whenever I’m with her I feel free and worthy…we’re two halves of a whole both of us unlove by our parents so we found love with each other”, Kyuhyun explained.

“I hope you’ll be happy, too, Kyuhyun”, Shinhye said finally understanding that Kyuhyun was finally caught up in love.

“I hope we’ll all be happy, Shinhye”, Kyuhyun said as he stood and extended a hand to Shinhye.

Shinhye with a smile also smiled and extended her hand. They shook their hands and left the coffeeshop with Shinhye starting to heal the painful past with Kyuhyun and with Kyuhyun planning his future with Victoria.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a lounge at The Palace Hotel, Yonghwa was waiting at a table in a more secluded spot. He was reading the paper and drinking coffee. He just came from the university where he was teaching…he handed his resignation letter to his superiors.

“You’ll resign, Professor Jung?” the director asked surprised at his actions.

“Yes, sir, I plan to focus more on the family businesses. I would want to try running full time the hotels my familys owns”, Yonghwa explained.

“Okay…I understand but if ever you feel like you want to return to teaching don’t hesitate to come back”, the director said amiably.

“Thank you very much, sir, I’ll keep that in mind”, Yonghwa said as he stood and bowed politely before he left the office of the director.

As he was about to leave the university, he received a call.

“Hello?” Yonghwa answered.

“Hello, Yonghwa, its Joo Hyun. I would want to speak to you about a very important matter”, Joo Hyun said in a calm voice.

“I’ll see you at the lounge of The Palace Hotel”, Yonghwa said as he cut the call.

Thus, he was waiting for Seo Joo Hyun to come. After a few more minutes, Joo Hyun entered the lounge and was escorted by an usherette to their table.

“What is it now, Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa asked.

“I came here not to trade insults with you, Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun replied.

Joo Hyun was still wearing her usual mini dress and stilettos…with her usual made up face and vampy hair but her expression was no longer of a temptress…she looked behaved and serious.

“What then, Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa asked in a much kinder voice.

“I came here to seek you forgiveness for what I have done to you and to Shinhye”, Joo Hyun said which surprised Yonghwa.

“Apologize? Is this some kind of a trick, Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa asked in disbelief.

“No…I tell you the truth…I’ve no more tricks up to my sleeves”, Joo Hyun replied seriously looking Yonghwa straight in the eyes.

“Do you mean…that you plan to personally clear my name to Shinhye?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’ve already done that before I went here…I spoke with Shinhye and asked her forgiveness and cleared your name. She didn’t say that she forgives me but I hope that in time she will”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Why are you doing this, Joo Hyun? This is so unlike you”, Yonghwa commented.

“I realized that you love her and I realized that I never really love you…I never did. I just viewed you as some sort of assurance that I’ll never be alone…that somewhere here in Seoul someone like you waits for me but I realized that its wrong of me to think of you that way”, Joo Hyun explained before she sipped her coppucino.

“What are your plans now?” Yonghwa asked.

“I posted my condominium as for sale. I won’t need that anymore since I’ll be going back to Busan besides if I feel like staying here in Seoul, I can always stay at Siwon’s condominium”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Siwon?” Yonghwa asked as his eyes suddenly dropped to Joo Hyun’s left hand on her ring finger was a simple light pink diamond.

“Choi Siwon and I are engaged. My family will hold the formal party when I arrived with him to Busan. I guess I’ll dispense with the engagement party and marry him instead when we get there”, Joo Hyun said with a smile.

“Do you love him?” Yonghwa asked as he found himself also smiling.

“Yes…I love Choi Siwon so much. He makes me feel especial and loved…he is my life now…my world”, Joo Hyun replied her eyes glowed with happiness.

“I’m so glad for you, Joo Hyun”, Yonghwa said.

“Yonghwa, please marry Shinhye and be happy with her. The two of you deserves each other. I’ll hope and pray for your happiness, Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun sincerely said.

“Thank you, Joo Hyun. Thank you for your change of heart”, Yonghwa said his eyes misting with unshed tears.

“I didn’t change heart, Yonghwa, I just found my heart with Siwon”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Joo Hyun, sweetheart”, it was Siwon who came to them. He stood behind Joo Hyun’s chair with his hands gentle and protective over her shoulders.

“Choi Siwon”, Siwon amiably introduced himself.

Yonghwa also stood and extended his hand. “Jung Yonghwa”, he introduced himself amiably. They shook hands.

“Joo Hyun, have you told him what you came to tell him?” Siwon asked looking at Joo Hyun with love and devotion.

“Yes, Siwon, I did”, Joo Hyun replied her devotion and love also plain in her eyes.

“Yonghwa, thank you so much…I guess I and Joo Hyun we’ll go ahead. We still have a long travel ahead to Busan”, Siwon said as he and Joo Hyun bowed and left the lounge hand in hand.

Yonghwa who also stood and bowed watched the two went out of the lounge…he even saw the two kissed passionately at the corner of the door before finally exiting the door of the lounge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa that night was lying on his bed he was thoroughly happy for Joo Hyun who decided to change her life for the better. He was about to sleep when he received a call…it was from Shinhye.

“Hello”, Yonghwa answered.

“Hello…Yonghwa, can you see me at the park near Han River tonight? I know it’s quite late but…” Shinhye was not able to finish because Yonghwa immediately agreed.

“I’ll be there…fifteen or twenty minutes I’ll be there”, Yonghwa replied before he cut the call and grabbed his sweater and car key.

“Yonghwa, going somewhere?” it was his mother.

“Yes, mom, I’ll see you around then”, Yonghwa replied before he bowed politely and went on his way.

At exactly fifteen minutes he arrived at the park. Shinhye was already there standing near a tree watching the flow of the water from the distance.

“Shinhye”, Yonghwa called out.

Shinhye faced him…her eyes were filled with tears. Yonghwa opened his arms and Shinhye ran into them.

“Yonghwa, I’m sorry…I’m so…so…sorry for what I did”, Shinhye said her voice cracked from crying.

“Hush…Shinhye, baby, its okay what matters most is you’re hear with me”, Yonghwa replied.

“I love you…I love you so much, Yonghwa”, Shinhye said looking into his eyes.

“I love you, too, Shinhye. I’ll always love you”, Yonghwa replied as he kissed her passionately.

They consumed each other’s lips…their tongues tangled…their breathing became one…they kissed and only let go to breathe before they again kissed each other deeply. After they were satisfied that they had kissed each other thoroughly they embraced tightly feeding each other with the warmth of their bodies.

“Kyuhyun spoke to me and he asked for my forgiveness”, Shinhye started as they were sitting on a bench on each other’s arms.

“That’s good”, Yonghwa said.

“He said he’d fight his father”, Shinhye said and he detailed her conversation with Kyuhyun.

“Wow! That’s new”, Yonghwa chuckled soflty hearing how much Victoria influenced Kyuhyun for the better.

“He loves Victoria”, Shinhye commented.

“I know…love does that to people…make people do better things for themselves and for others”, Yonghwa agreed.

“Will you wait for Kyuhyun’s plan to take effect?” Shinhye asked.

“Why not? I would also like to personally see the downfall of Secretary Cho”, Yonghwa replied.

“Me too. I’d like him to pay for all the pain he caused us and his own son”, Shinhye said.

“Did Joo Hyun see you?” Yonghwa suddenly asked.

“Yeah…she visited me at the office after I went back from my meeting with Kyuhyun. She cleared your name and begged for my forgiveness”, Shinhye replied.

“And?” Yonghwa prompted her to tell more.

“I forgive her besides I’m also happy that she found her happiness with Choi Siwon. As for me, I was just forced to that engagement because Secretary Cho threatened my family”, Shinhye said.

“Threatened?” Yonghwa asked surprised.

“Yes, threatened…blackmailed”, Shinhye said as she detailed Secretary Cho’s plan against her family which forced her to agree to anything he wanted.

“That bastard!” Yonghwa angrily said.

“Yes…he is a bastard but I’m glad that Kyuhyun will stand up against him”, Shinhye agreed.

“I just hoped that Kyuhyun will survive to help us and destroy his manipulative father”, Yonghwa suddenly said.

“What do you mean by that?” Shinhye asked worriedly.

“To a man like Secretary Cho…he will not hesitate to kill even his own son to achieve his goals”, Yonghwa replied.

“Kyuhyun has to be careful”, Shinhye commented.

“He has to and I’m glad that he has Victoria to support and take care of him”, Yonghwa replied.

“Can we still have a happy ending, Yonghwa?” Shinhye asked.

“I swear to you, Shinhye, my love, we’ll not only have a happy ending we have a lot of fruitful beginnings in the future”, Yonghwa promised Shinhye.

“I believe you, Yonghwa, my love. I believe you”, Shinhye agreed as she held Yonghwa’s face for a passionate kiss that bonded them more to their promise.


Hello everyone...thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting to my story. I really appreciate your support...thank you and love you all....