BEING WITH AN ANGEL AT THE LIBRARY

INTERTWINED

Hyung Joong was about to reach out and touch her face. So Min should have said no but she remained there staring at him. They were still there on the floor staring at each other when…

“I’ve heard you shout…what the…what’s happening here, So Min?” It was Bom; she was alarmed when she heard So Min shout.

“Ah..ah…”, So Min was speechless…she was blushing hard…she was sitting on the floor with a man lying on the floor reaching out to touch her face and proposing to her…proposing to her!

Hyun Joong was snapped by Bom from his temporary trance. “She fell from the movable stairs and I tried to catch her but the impact sent the both of us on the floor”, he said smiling at Bom who rolled her eyes and sighed.

“So Min, didn’t I tell you to be careful when you’re using that movable stairs?” Bom gently scolded her. “By the way, sir, thank you for saving her”, she added as she smiled at Hyun Joong who was still lying on the floor.

“Please, would you mind helping me out of the floor? It’s a bit cold lying here…” Hyun Joong said not taking his eyes off So Min who was still blushing.

“Yes…yes…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for being so clumsy and falling on you”, So Min got hold of her senses and started apologizing to Hyun Joong who just smiled at her…mesmerized by her beauty.

“Okay, I’ll forgive you for falling on me if you’ll marry me?” Hyun Joong said

“What? You can’t be serious!” So Min said her initial shock kindled.

“Just kidding…hehehe….you should’ve seen your face…hehehe….anyway just accompany me in looking at the materials that I need and in touring this library, okay?” Hyun Joong flashed his heartmelting smile and So Min’s heart just flipped in her chest.

“Yes…sure…let’s go”, So Min haltingly said.

“I’ll leave the two of you alone. Someone needs to be at the front desk”, Bom said with a mischievous smile on her lips. She liked this man after all for So Min instead of Kyuhyun.

So Min helped orient Hyun Joong at the library. She showed him the different sections and told him about different facts to know about the public library.

“I’ve been walking around the library for around an hour now but I still don’t know your name”, So Min commented.

“Hyun Joong…Kim Hyun Joong”, Hyun Joong said and he offered his right hand to her.

“So Min…Jung So Min”, So Min grasped his right hand with her left and they briefly shook hands.

“How long have you been working here?” Hyun Joong casually asked.

“I started working here after graduation. I would’ve applied to broadcasting networks or publishing companies but I decided to weigh my options first so I ended up applying here. Anyways, my family’s poor…I just finished as a scholar at the university and out there are people who come from well to do families who know people in the industry which can help them enter known broadcasting networks”, So Min replied smiling wistfully

“Did you finish a course related to mass communication or journalism?” Hyun Joong asked. His interest was perked up in knowing that they might share the same interests.

“I finished Journalism at Korea National University of Arts last year”, So Min answered.

“Really! I mean really? I also finished journalism but in Korea University also last year”, Hyun Joong happily said. “About your claim on being poor, I guess it should not deter you from fulfilling your dreams of being at the broadcasting industry because for me what matters most is the ability of the person…the talent…the creativity of the person not his or her financial standing in the society. You just have to believe and strive to get what you want”, he encouragingly added. 

“Thank you… Mr. Kim, I would like to ask this to you a while ago but…are you by chance the Kim Hyun Joong who owns the K Channel and Talent Agency? I could be wrong but you look exactly like him but you dressed up casually. I once saw his face on an international documentary magazine and sometimes at the news…are you him?” So Min hesitatingly asked…sheepishly looking at him.

“And if I tell you that I am what would you do?” Hyun Joong asked as he stopped and stare at her beautiful face.

“I-I don’t know…are you, Mr. Kim?” So Min bantered his question with her question.

“I might be…hehehe…by the way, please stop calling me Mr. Kim it sounds too formal and well too old; Hyun Joong will be fine and I will just call you So Min…So Min…I like your name…it’s as beautiful as you”, Hyun Joong winked at her.

“Yah”, So Min playfully hit his shoulder. “You’re embarrassing me with your jokes.” So Min pouted. She already felt comfortable talking to him as if they had known each other for a long time.

“Hey, I’m not joking you’re really are beautiful…could pass for an angel”, Hyun Joong said as they continued walking.

“Thank you…I’m sure your girlfriend or wife is more beautiful”, So Min remarked before she realized that it sounded as if she was fishing for information about his status but still she did not know what made her ask the question…curiosity…maybe?

“I’m single and very available…sometimes I’m thinking if there would be someone there for me. Are you that one, So Min?” Hyun Joong asked smiling playfully.  

“You’re embarrassing me again, Hyun Joong!” So Min was again blushing at his intent gaze. “Actually, I hope that I am but sadly I’m in a relationship right now…but we can be friends…”

“Awww! Why do I have to be too late? Well I guess I’m fated to be alone. Okay…friends”, Hyun Joong said pretending to be hurt but as So Min looked at him…he could not help but chuckled softly.

They already reached the front desk of the library. Bom was eyeing them as if she was watching a romantic movie.

“Finished touring the library?” Bom asked friendlily.

“Yeah…but I still need to get some pictures for the article that I’m making”, Hyun Joong replied.

“I’ll hand you you’re camera”, Bom said as she got the camera from the vacant shelf at her back.

“I’ll just take pictures. Excuse me”, Hyun Joong said as he started at the farthest shelves and start taking pictures of each section.

“So Min, how is he?” Bom asked curiously.

“He’s a journalist who wants to make an article about Seoul”, So Min evasively answered.

“You know what I mean and it isn’t that. How is he?” Bom asked her voice raised a little.

“Shhussh! He might hear you”, So Min warned Bom.

“Tell me, So Min”, Bom asked determinedly.

“Okay…okay…he’s actually a good conversationalist…handsome…intelligent…a gentleman who loves to throw playful comments that makes me blush like a teen…he’s an ideal man if only I haven’t lost my heart first to Kyuhyun”, So Min narrated…her smile creeping from her lips.

“I think he’s better than Kyuhyun and I guess you have a crush on…what’s he’s name?”Bom asked as she started arranging the cards for the new books that arrived yesterday.

“Hyun Joong…and anyway I don’t have a crush on him…I have a boyfriend remember?” So Min casually bantered with Bom but deep in her heart she was blushing...blushing? Okay, where did that thought of her came from? She shook her head and reminded herself of Kyuhyun's presence in her life.

“Wow! You’re first name basis with him on the first day!” Bom squealed in happiness.

“I told you to stop it…he might hear us”, So Min softly admonished Bom.

At the distance, Hyun Joong was looking at them…actually at So Min. He was taking pictures of the things at the library which he needed for his documentary article but he also sneaked to take pictures of So Min.

“What a beautiful and intelligent woman…too bad you’re already taken”, Hyun Joong said feeling a painful pinch in his heart. He sighed deeply…just as he found her; he also found that he belonged to someone else.  

“You’re done taking the pictures?” So Min asked as Hyun Joong went to the front desk.

“Yeah...” Hyun Joong replied as he get a card from his wallet and hand it to So Min. “If you ever decided to apply for a work in the broadcasting industry…I hope we’ll see each other again”, he said with a smile before he bowed politely and left the library.

So Min looked at the card she was holding. It said, “Kim Hyun Joong, CEO, K Channel and Talent Agency”.

“Heavens! Bom, Bom!” So Min squealed while still looking at the card.

“Yes, what’s it?” Bom shifted her attention to her from what she was doing.

“That guy…that guy…he is Kim Hyun Joong of K Channel and Talent Agency!” So Min giddly told Bom.

“What? How did you know that?” Bom asked surprised.

So Min showed her the card and Bom also squealed in excitement.

“Woooh! So Min, apply for this network…I believe this is your chance now to fulfill your dreams. I think he wants to help you enter the broadcasting industry. It’s your chance, friend”, Bom said excitedly.

So Min was excited too. Who would have thought that she would meet Hyun Joong…that he would want to help her achieve her dreams? She held his card close to her heart and smiled beautifully.


Hi everyone, the continuation of HyunMin encounter...Thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story. Love you all!