COMPLICATIONS...

INTERTWINED

Joo Hyun was still annoyed while driving towards her destination. She still remembered the smile plastered on Siwon’s face and the way he looked at her. She felt herself blushing at her thoughts and her heart beat faster. Siwon had that effect on her even the first time they saw each other…she felt angry at him but his image flashed on her mind more often than not and it mostly caused her heart to beat faster.

“No….I love Yonghwa…it’s Yonghwa whom I want to be with. He is the one I want to marry, okay. Joo Hyun, remember you are in love with Yonghwa so don’t get any weird ideas about that Choi Siwon”, Joo Hyun angrily told herself.

Joo Hyun arrived at Mr. Cho’s office. She told Mr. Cho’s secretary to inform the old man of her arrival.

“Ms. Seo, Secretary Cho is inside his office with his son, Mr. Kyuhyun, but he will still see you. You may enter his office now”, the secretary informed her.

Joo Hyun opened the door and entered. She was Mr. Cho sitting on the executive chair behind his mahogany desk while sitting on one of the chairs in front of the desk was Kyuhyun who perused her appearance.

“Good morning, Secretary Cho”, Joo Hyun bowed briefly before she took the chair opposite Kyuhyun.

“Good morning, Joo Hyun, I heard this morning from Mr. Choi that you already started with your plan to get Yonghwa for yourself”, Mr. Cho remarked frankly.

“Yeah…is there any problem about it, Secretary Cho?” Joo Hyun asked.

“None…I’m glad that you’ve already started with it”, Mr. Cho calmly said.

“You wanted to have Yonghwa for yourself?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Is there a problem there?” Joo Hyun asked.

“Joo Hyun, I’d like to introduce you to my son, Cho Kyuhyun”, Mr. Cho said.

“Actually, I’m not interested in meeting him or you for that matter, Secretary Cho, so if you won’t mind I’ll be on my way. I know that you’ll find out what I’m doing from Mr. Choi who seems to make it his duty to monitor my moves”, Joo Hyun tersely said as she stood and went out of the office without taking a second glance to Mr. Cho or Kyuhyun.

“Brat! What a brat!” Mr. Cho exclaimed in anger.

It seems you already met your match in Joo Hyun and Shinhye”, Kyuhyun commented to himself as he looked at the fuming face of his father and it pleased him so much.

Yonghwa just came from his class. He was on his way to the faculty room when he saw Joo Hyun sitting at one of the benches beneath a tree.

“Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun called out as she stood from the bench and approached Yonghwa.

“Joo Hyun, what are you doing here?” Yonghwa asked his irritation already written on his face.

“I just want to see you. I want to invite you to accompany me at the mall because I need to buy a present for my mom”, Joo Hyun said. It was actually a lie because her mother’s birthday was already finished and she already gave one during that time. Her purpose was to be with Yonghwa.

“I’m busy right now, Joo Hyun, I still need to go to the faculty room and collect the papers that I’m going to check for this weekend”, Yonghwa excused himself.

“I’ll wait for you here, Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun said.

“Joo Hyun, what do you want from me? Why are you doing this? Why are you following me?” Yonghwa controlled his voice from rising but the irritation was purely emanating from his words.

“Because I want to be with you…because I want you back in my life…I was a fool to leave you then when we were young but I won’t make that mistake anymore”, Joo Hyun said as her voice broke and tears fell from her eyes.

“Joo Hyun, you know that I don’t feel anything for you except for friendship…and besides I only look at you as my young sister and for me I’m like your brother…so please don’t get ideas on your head. I love Shinhye and she’s the only woman whom I’ll marry and spend the rest of my life. I’m sorry, Joo Hyun”, Yonghwa honestly said. He knew that he hurt her but he had to be honest with her about his feelings.

“No, Yonghwa, I can make you love me…I’ll make you love me”, Joo Hyun said as she tried to hold Yonghwa’s face but Yonghwa evaded her and turned his back and walked towards the faculty room leaving Joo Hyun crying silently.

If I couldn’t have you, Yonghwa, I’d make sure Shinhye never would”, Joo Hyun angrily wiped her tears.

From the distance, Siwon saw what happened…he did not know what came over him but he felt his heart constrict when he saw how Yonghwa rejected Joo Hyun. For the first time in his life, he felt as though he questioned which he wanted most; his job for Mr. Cho or his heart which realized its love for Joo Hyun.

Yonghwa was eating at the dining area of his family’s hotel. He knew that he hurt Joo Hyun but he had to be honest with her. He was eating his dinner when a shadow fell in front of him. He looked up and saw Joo Hyun.

“I thought I made myself clear this afternoon, Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa commented.

“Yeah…you made yourself clear. Look, Yonghwa, I’m not here to beg you to love me…I just did that this afternoon and you rejected me. I’m just here as a friend…” Joo Hyun said in a sad voice as she sat down.

The waiter came and got Joo Hyun’s order while Yonghwa continued to eat his dinner.

“Please, Yonghwa, won’t we start a new? I realized that I was wrong when I did those things and I won’t beg you for anything anymore. So…friends?”  Joo Hyun said as she held Yonghwa’s hand in hers.

“Okay, friends”, Yonghwa said dryly as he got his hand free from Joo Hyun’s grasp.

The two ate in silence while Joo Hyun tried to engage Yonghwa in small talks which Yonghwa answered plainly although he also tried to be civil with Joo Hyun. From the distance, the camera kept on capturing the images.

“Joo Hyun, what a best actress you are”, Siwon commented to himself knowing that Joo Hyun’s apology to Yonghwa was a fake one.