I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU

INTERTWINED

So Min’s crying gradually ceased. Her tears became fewer.

“T-thank you…” She smiled sadly…a smile that did not reach her eyes.

“It’s okay…at least you managed to release the pain. Crying helps instead of keeping everything bottled up inside”, Hyun Joong smiled as he continued to wipe her tears with his handkerchief.

So Min looked at the overly handsome man holding her in his arms…wiping her tears…he was a gentleman and seeing his shirt already soaked with her tears…she chuckled gently.

“Is there something wrong?” Hyun Joong asked. One moment she was crying…her heart torn into pieces and then suddenly she was laughing softly at him.

“Ah…it’s just funny because here we are in front of the bar. I mean I didn’t expect you to find me here…to comfort me…and I soaked your shirt with my tears. A prince like you…” So Min said as she gently shook and bowed her head as shame crept on her.

Hyun Joong gently held her chin and raised her face so they would look into each other’s eyes.

“So Min, I’m also glad that I’m here that I saw you here. I like comforting you. I’m a friend remember and friends are always there for each other no matter what. As for being a what you call a ‘prince’…I’m not yet one until you agree to be my princess…hehehe”, Hyun Joong comfortingly said which elicited gentle smiles from So Min who blushed.

“Here you go again…joking like this with me, Hyun Joong, but still I want to say thank you for being here…for being my friend”, So Min said with a smile.

Hyun Joong just nodded. “I like to wish for more, So Min, I hope you’ll let me someday”, he silently told himself as he assisted her inside the bar.

“Oh, miss, are you okay now?” Minhyuk worriedly asked.

“A bit…still dizzy but I think I’ll manage to go home”, So Min replied as she got her things from Minhyuk.

“By the way, you mother kept on calling you awhile ago”, Minhyuk said.

“Ah… I guess I have to go home immediately. How much will I pay for the drinks I consumed?” So Min asked as she fumbled for her wallet to get some bills.

“Minhyuk, charge it on me along side my brandy, okay?” Hyun Joong interjected as he handed his card to Minhyuk who grabbed it and went to the counter to swipe it.

“B-but…” So Min felt surprised.

“It’s okay, So Min, I’m the man so I should be paying besides we’re friends, right?” Hyun Joong pacified her protest.

“But you didn’t drink those…I did”, So Min again tried to protest.

“No buts…it’s okay”, Hyun Joong said gently smiling at her.

“Thank you”, So Min said also smiling.

“Here’s your card, sir”, Minhyuk handed the card to Hyun Joong.

“Okay, thank you. So Min, let’s go…I’ll drive you home. Riding a cab at this hour is already risky”, Hyun Joong assisted So Min out of the bar to his Land Rover.

So Min smiled at how gentleman Hyun Joong was. She was a damsel in distress and he was a knight coming to her rescue that night.

As they were on their way to So Min’s apartment…Hyun Joong decided to open the subject of her sadness.

“You seemed to be so happy this morning at the library…what drove you to drink?” Hyun Joong asked as casually as possible…he opted to look at the road although he also tried to monitor So Min through his peripheral vision.

So Min at first did not say anything…she just sighed deeply and the silence inside the car somewhat became uncomfortable for Hyun Joong.

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t ask that…I mean it’s private”, Hyun Joong tried to amend for his question earlier.

“My boyfriend broke up with me this evening”, So Min simply said.

“Really? Why?”Hyun Joong ask simply although in his mind he was somewhat feeling happy.

“He is promised to marry another woman and he has to break up with me to do that”, So Min replied.

“But…that’s mean…he shouldn’t have been with you if he knew that he isn’t free to love where he choose”, Hyun Joong commented.

“I don’t know what happened with him or his family or the agreement but what hurts me the most is…he didn’t do anything to stand for me…to stand for us”, So Min bitterly said.

“There are people who are like that…don’t worry in time you’ll forget him and you’ll find someone who will love you so much…he will defy everyone…anyone just to be with you…to take care of you”, Hyun Joong meaningfully said.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong; but, I guess it won’t be easy because no matter how I tried to drown my sorrows awhile ago with my drinking…the pain remains because I still love him so much…we’ve been a year in our relationship and it’s not easy for me to throw it…to forget him”, So Min said sadly.

“I-I understand you, So Min; but, I know time heals all wounds and you’ll find yourself moving on from here…from him…and then you’ll find the one for you”, Hyun Joong again meaningfully insinuated. He felt his heart being pricked by So Min’s admission that he still loved her jerk of a boyfriend who hurt her. “So Min, I hope in time you’ll see that I’ll take care of you”, he told himself as he reached out and squeezed her hand briefly before he again focused on the road.    

They reached the apartment where So Min and her parents lived. It was in the outskirts of the city. It was small and simple.

“Here we are”, Hyun Joong broke the silence.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong”, So Min simply said as she opened the door of his car and eased out.

Hyun Joong opened his car window and peered. “You enter first before I go”, he said gently.

“Too protective, are we? Nothing’s gonnan happen to me here”, So Min said with a smile.

“Please, for my peace of mind…enter first, okay?” Hyun Joong insisted.

So Min just shook her head gently and smiled as she turned her back and opened the gate. She entered and waved at Hyun Joong who just nodded with a heartwarming smile. So Min entered the door while Hyun Joong still remained parking outside.

“So Min, where have you been? We’ve been so worried about you!” Her mother scolded her as she entered the living room. His father was also there sitting…

“Mom, Dad, I’m so sorry…I just drank my pain”, So Min said in a broken voice as tears again fell from her eyes.

“What do you mean by that, So Min?” Her father asked worriedly.

“Kyuhyun broke up with me because he is promised to marry someone else…someone from his world”, So Min cried and she felt her knees weaken and she ended up sitting on the couch…her face on her hands.

Her mother embraced her…they knew that when their daughter introduced Kyuhyun to them they never liked the man…knowing that he did not make an effort to introduce So Min to his family that he was not serious with her but So Min trusted him and as her parents they also regretted that they did not prevented So Min from being involved with the rich man.

“You’ll heal, child, it may not be that easy but you’ll heal soon.” Her mother embraced her tightly and rocked her like a baby.

“Daughter, please go to your room, now. Lay yourself to your bed and rest…in time you’ll heal soon. Just always remember that I and your mom love you so much…we’re always here for you”, her father comfortingly said…his eyes were also misting with tears.

“Thank you, mom, dad, for understanding me”, So Min said as she went upstairs to her room and peered at her window overlooking the road. She was surprised to see Hyun Joong still outside.

He was looking at her and she was looking at him…their eyes met. She smiled and again waved…he smiled and also waved as he started his car and sped on his way.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong, thank you so much”, So Min said and as she lay on her bed…she took the memory of his eyes and surprisingly she fell on a dreamless slumber. 


Hi everyone! My latest updates are HyunMin moments...hehehe...I just so love how Hyun Joong loves So Min. As for the next updates I'm planning to have some YongShin moments....more love and tears along the way. Friends, thank you very much for reading, subscribing, commenting and supporting my story. Your continuous support encourage and inspire me to write my story. Thank you so much...love you all so very much...