A WOMAN'S BARGAIN WITH THE DEVIL....

INTERTWINED

Joo Hyun went out of her car. She was followed by Siwon and they entered the building and the elevator at the fifth floor where the office of Secretary Choi was located.

“Tell Secretary Cho that I’m here”, Siwon authoritatively asked the secretary when they arrived.

“Yes, sir”, the secretary meekly answered as she dialed the intercom and spoke with Secretary Cho.

“Sir, please come inside…Secretary Cho’s waiting for you”, the secretary said afterwards.

Siwon ushered Joo Hyun at the door of Secretary Cho’s office.

“Mr. Choi, I see that you already found her”, Mr. Cho commented happily. He was seating on his executive chair behind a mahogany desk.

“Good afternoon”, Joo Hyun politely said as she bowed and eyed the old man who was equally perusing her.

“Please, seat down Ms. Seo…you, too, Mr. Choi”, Mr. Cho motioned for the chairs in front of his desk.

As the two sat on the chairs offered, the secretary entered and brought the three of them three cups of steaming coffee. After the secretary left, Mr. Cho opened up about his intention for meeting with Joo Hyun.

“I know that you’re wondering why I called you here, Ms. Seo”, Mr. Cho began while he fiddled with his pen and eyeing Joo Hyun.

“I’m wondering myself, Secretary Cho”, Joo Hyun frankly answered. There was something awkward at the way the old man was looking at her and she would not let him know that he his stare was affecting her.

“I heard from Mr. Choi that you met with Mr. Jung this afternoon”, Mr. Cho said.

“Yeah…it was an accidental meeting actually. I wasn’t expecting to see him at the hotel”, Joo Hyun replied.

“I won’t try to take any twist and turns into this discussion…I want to go straight to the point. Mr. Choi’s associate knew that you had been friends with Jung Yonghwa when you were young. They also found out that there was something especial between the two of you before you left with your parents to live in Busan”, Mr. Cho frankly said.

“Woah…that’s fast…you’re a great investigator, Mr. Choi. Anyway, so what does your investigating me and Yonghwa have to do for the education system of this country? The last time I checked the info you’re a government official not some paparazzi trying to find the latest gossips around the country”, Joo Hyun defiantly retorted.

“This investigation does not have anything to do with the education system but it has a lot to do with my son’s upcoming wedding to Park Shinhye”, Mr. Cho retorted back.

Siwon was silent while the two were exchanging frank words with each other. She was impressed with the way Joo Hyun was bantering with Secretary Cho. She possessed the sharp tongue and defiance that he knew from his investigation that Shinhye also possessed when confronted by bullies like Mr. Cho. Maybe their experiences with bullies when they were both younger motivated them to be defensive to the likes of Secretary Cho.

“So you wanted me to help you wreck havoc on the deepening relationship of Shinhye and Yonghwa?” Joo Hyun summed up her understanding of what the old man was saying to her.

“Yes, so that you may have Yonghwa for yourself and I can have Shinhye for a daughter-in-law”, Mr. Cho agreed.

“What if I won’t want to work with you?” Joo Hyun asked.

“I can’t force you but still I will pursue my plan. I’ll look for another woman to accomplish it. But still I will prefer you to cooperate with me because Mr. Choi here has already captured some of your moments with Yonghwa at the hotel this afternoon”, Mr. Cho bantered back.

“I’ll think about it. I’ll call you around 10:00 pm tonight about my decision”, Joo Hyun said as she stood and grabbed her purse from the table…bowed and left the office

“Okay, Ms. Seo, just don’t take too long to decide”, Mr. Cho said before Joo Hyun already went out of the office door.

“I appreciate your efforts, Mr. Choi”, Mr. Cho handed a check to Siwon…the payment for his work.

“I always try to give satisfaction, Mr. Cho”, Siwon said as he bowed politely and also left the office.

Joo Hyun’s car already left the premises when he arrived at the parking lot to ride his silver Toyota Innova.

He looked at the check in his hand and he sighed deeply. “Why is it that when I already meet the one woman who makes my heart beat fast she is already determined to win another man’s heart?” Siwon sadly asked himself as he entered his car and maneuvered out of the parking lot into the main road.

That night at exactly 10:00 pm, Joo Hyun called Mr. Cho.

“Hello, Ms. Seo”, Mr. Cho answered.

“Hello, Secretary Cho”, Joo Hyun said.

“Have you decided?” Mr. Cho asked.

“Yes. I’ll help you wreck havoc on Shinhye and Yonghwa’s relationship”, Joo Hyun said with conviction which brought a smile to Mr. Cho’s lips.

“Good…I’ll meet you tomorrow to discuss our plans”, Mr. Cho said as he ended the call.

Wait for me, Yonghwa, I’ll win you back from Shinhye”, Joo Hyun muttered to herself as a sinister smile graced her lips.

On the other hand, Shinhye and Yonghwa were both already sleeping after they had their nightly conversations. They were both dreaming a happy ending for their love story or so they thought….


Hi, friends! It looks like SJH is already out to snatch JYH from our dear PSH. Anyways, thank you very much for subscribing, reading and commenting on my story. You all inspire me...love you all!!!