BROKEN ANGEL

INTERTWINED

So Min was already waiting at the park near the library where she would meet Kyuhyun. She felt so happy because it had been a while since they last saw each other. She remembered her excitement when he called her early that morning.

“Hello”, So Min answered.

“Hello…So Min, can I see you this afternoon after your shift at the library?”Kyuhyun asked; his voice sounded hoarse.

“Yeah…sure…Kyuhyun, sweet, are you sick?” So Min asked worriedly.

“No…no…I woke up just now that’s why my voice sounds like this. Don’t worry about me, okay?” Kyuhyun replied pacifying So Min’s worry.

“Okay, I’ll see you then this afternoon. I love you”, So Min said excitedly.

“I know, So Min, I know”, Kyuhyun replied before he ended the call.

So Min through her happiness in seeing him also felt sad when they ended that call that morning. She knew that Kyuhyun had been an attentive boyfriend in the six months of their relationship; he was sweet and thoughtful and though he had his faults; she learned to love them. Yet, in the six months that passed; she noticed that he was distancing himself from her.

“Kyuhyun, won’t you tell me why you suddenly changed?” So Min asked silently. She knew that Bom had a point that morning; Kyuhyun only showed himself when he had problems and he needed someone to listen to him…to encourage him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyuhyun was driving to where he would be meeting So Min. Actually, he was not feeling well because he felt guilt at what he was about to do. The events when he woke up at Victoria’s house returned to him.

“Ahhh…my head”, Kyuhyun groaned in pain. His head was throbbing.

“Hang over?” Victoria entered the room with a steaming cup of coffee in hand.

“Yeah…by the way, thanks for picking me up last night”, Kyuhyun said…his voice slurred. He received the cup of coffee from Victoria.

“Kyuhyun, you’re a mess last night”, Victoria commented dryly.

“Thank you, Victoria”, Kyuhyun sarcastically replied.

“What happened at the dinner with the Park Family?” Victoria ignored Kyuhyun’s sarcastic reply. Being his best friend, she was already used to him.

“Just like how my dad planned it. He invited his political allies and then when the Parks confronted him for what he did and threatened to back out of the deal; he blackmailed them to agree. Of course…Shinhye hates me more than ever”, Kyuhyun replied the coffee suddenly tasted bitterer than the disgust that he tasted in his mouth.

“Why didn’t you contradict your father? Tell him that you don’t want Shinhye for a wife”, Victoria commented as she leaned on the wall and looked at her best friend.

“You know I can’t do that, Victoria, my father ruled me all my life and I know nothing else”, Kyuhyun replied. His answer was shallow even to his own ears.

“You can but you won’t do it. What will happen with So Min now?” Victoria asked. Following the relationship of the two; she also became friends with So Min although they were not that close.

“I’ll break up with her today”, Kyuhyun casually replied before he drank the last of his coffee.

“What? Break up with her? Bloody hell, Kyuhyun, you’ll leave a perfectly good woman just to follow your father’s command!” Victoria irritably remarked.

“What can I do? My dad threatened to disown me and even hurt So Min if I disobey him!” Kyuhyun defended himself.

“I bet the threat to disown you is much greater than his threat to hurt So Min. You never really cared about her!” Victoria acidly said.

“I won’t argue about your comment, Victoria, because it’s the truth”, Kyuhyun said as he prepared himself.

“Did you tell my dad that I was drunk last night?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes…but I told him that you drank with me and Woori and you fell asleep here”, Victoria sighed as she rolled her eyes in exasperation.

“Thanks, best friend, I’ll go ahead. I still need to go home and take a shower before I meet So Min”, Kyuhyun said as he walked out of the door.

Victoria watched at the window as Kyuhyun waited for the taxi to take him to the towing services to get his car. After a few minutes, the taxi came and he was gone.

Kyuhyun returned to the present as he noticed that he was already near his destination. He saw So Min sitting at one of the benches. It was almost dark and the lamp posts already illuminated the park. He went out of his car and approached her.

“So Min”, Kyuhyun called to her.

“Kyuhyun”, So Min happily said as she embraced him.

Kyuhyun felt his guilt increased two fold seeing the beautiful smile on her face.

“So Min, we need to talk”, Kyuhyun seriously said.

“Okay”, So Min let go of him and returned to her seat.

“So Min, I’m breaking up with you”, Kyuhyun dropped his bomb.

“W-what? What are you saying, Kyuhyun?” So Min said…she was befuddled by what she heard from him.

“I’m breaking up with you. I’m promised to marry another woman this coming second week of November”, Kyuhyun said in his stoic expression.

“No! No! It isn’t true, right? Is this some kind of a joke, Kyuhyun?” So Min’s eyes were already misting with tears.

“Do you think I’m laughing right now? Believe it, So Min, I’m getting married and we have to end our relationship now”, Kyuhyun said fiercely.

“But I thought you love me…I thought you’re just finding the right time to tell your father about us?” So Min accused…she was so hurt…her heart was already torn into pieces…bleeding. She thought that everything would be fine. She was so happy that morning and happier that she received a card from Kim Hyun Joong who would want to help her enter the broadcasting industry.

“I’m sorry, So Min, but I can’t disobey my parents…and I’m even sorrier to say this to you…So Min, I don’t really love you…I never did! I just used you to prove to myself that I can be with someone whom my parents did not choose for me. I only used you to prove to myself that I’m not a total push over!”, Kyuhyun cruelly said.

“Please, Kyuhyun, I beg of you take it back. I love you so much, Kyuhyun”, So Min stood and tried to embrace Kyuhyun who avoided her touch.

“Don’t touch me, So Min, from now on…we’re through. I don’t want to hear or see you ever again”, Kyuhyun said harshly and he turned his back to So Min who was sobbing hard.

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!” So Min called Kyuhyun but he never looked back and rode his car and left her alone…miserable and pained.


Friends, thank you very much for your support...love you all!!!