THE MOVES?

INTERTWINED

Yonghwa was fixing his hair on the mirror when someone knocked and entered his bedroom door. It was Hyun Joong smiling and whistling a happy tune.

“What’s with the smile and the happy tune?” Yonghwa asked curiously as he looked from the mirror to Hyun Joong who sat at the chair of his study table.

“I already found the one whom I’m going to love for the rest of my life”, Hyun Joong said his eyes sparkling from obvious happiness.

“Hummp! Another model? You’ll get over that soon enough…you always do”, Yonghwa smirked as he continued fixing his hair.

“No, no, cousin, this time I’m so damn serious I wanna marry her the first time I met her”, Hyun Joong insisted.

“Where did you meet her? At the agency or the network?” Yonghwa asked taking the seriousness of Hyun Joong answer.

“At the public library”, Hyun Joong answered simply.

“What? Wow! That’s new!” Yonghwa chuckled as he leaned his back on the mirror and focused his gaze on Hyun Joong.

“Yeah…at the library when I went there last time to get some pictures for the documentary article that I’ll send for The Times”, Hyun Joong said his smile did not waver and from the looks of it he was really mad in love with the woman he was talking about.

“So…she’s not someone from our world if she is a working girl at the library”, Yonghwa commented.

“Yeah…she’s actually from a poor family; but, will it matter if I truly loved her?” Hyun Joong asked.

“No…never…I don’t really care if she came from a poor family or an orphanage or from another planet as long as you love her and she loves you…”Yonghwa said happily. He knew how Hyun Joong shouldered all the responsibility at the network and the agency. He also knew that Hyun Joong deserved to be happy no matter what being the kindest and most considerate person that he was.

“Actually, I love her so much but I’m not yet sure if she’ll love me back. You see…she just broke up from her boyfriend and I don’t know... maybe she isn’t ready yet”, Hyun Joong tentatively said as he grabbed Yonghwa’s guitar from the stand and gently strummed it.

“Give her time and I know that in time after she saw how good you are to her and for her…she’ll love you, too. Hell! Almost all the women are swooning over you wherever you go…well except for Shinhye…hehehe”, Yonghwa commented jokingly.

“And of course Joo Hyun…hehehe”, Hyun Joong added.

Yonghwa sobered upon hearing Joo Hyun’s name which Hyun Joong immediately noticed and he frowned.

“Don’t tell me she’s back in Seoul?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Yeah…we accidentally met yesterday at the hotel while I was eating and I don’t really like the new Joo Hyun. She was so forward with me yesterday…acting more like an ex-girlfriend rather than a childhood friend I haven’t seen in a while”, Yonghwa sighed deeply reflecting his annoyance at Joo Hyun as he sat on his bed.

“Ah…so she’s finally here to have you back for herself? I knew even when we were younger then that she likes you more than a friend while you on the other hand only treats her as the sister you never had”, Hyun Joong reflectively said.

“You’re right I also feel during those times that she has something for me but I don’t really have anything for her except friendship and well treating her like a sister…but Shinhye’s different she’s the one I really love”, Yonghwa replied.

“But she’ll be married to Kyuhyun”, Hyun Joong reminded Yonghwa.

“Nope…she isn’t if I could help it. You’re right…I’ll take the risk because she’s worth it. I’ll ask her to run away with me. We’ll go to another country”, Yonghwa said.

“Yeah…that’s a good decision, Yonghwa, I’ll help you. Just tell me how I can help you and I will”, Hyun Joong said as he bumped fist with Yonghwa.

The two went downstairs and continued talking while taking their breakfast.

“Where are you going after this?” Yonghwa indicated their already finished breakfast.

“I’ll go at the library”, Hyun Joong immediately replied.

“Again? Do you still have pictures to take?” Yonghwa playfully asked.

“Nope…but I have a librarian to ask out on a friendly date”, Hyun Joong replied to Yonghwa’s teasing.

“Friendly, Hyun Joong? C’mon!” Yonghwa smirked.

“Okay, a not so friendly date…moving closer to her date, satisfied?” Hyun Joong bantered.

“Why don’t you ask her out then introduced her to me so that it will look more of a friendly date to her?” Yonghwa suggested with a wink.

“Okay, then you can leave us for a while…pretend that you’ll check on something so that So Min and I can talk”, Hyun Joong agreed.

“So Min?” Yonghwa asked.

“That’s my angel’s name”, Hyun Joong.

“This will be so perfect if only Shinhye’s here”, Yonghwa said as he remembered Shinhye who was still at Incheon.

“Don’t worry, cousin, she’ll be here this Sunday and we can set another ‘friendly date’”, Hyun Joong happily remarked.

“You bet, cousin”, Yonghwa agreed smiling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyun Joong went to the library after he reviewed and signed important papers and contracts at the network and the agency. He saw So Min at the front desk in the library.

“Good morning, So Min”, Hyun Joong politely greeted with a smile.

“Hi! Good morning”, So Min politely replied.

“How are you this morning?” Hyun Joong asked simply.

“I’m fine...although it still hurt here…I’ll feel fine”, So Min replied simply and smile at Hyun Joong.

“I-I’m thinking if I could invite you out after your shift here at the library”, Hyun Joong blurted out.

“Are you by chance asking me on a date, Hyun Joong?” So Min asked with a friendly smile.

“Ah…yes…ah…no…Okay, yes I want to ask you on a date…a friendly date. My cousin will eat with us”, Hyun Joong replied with his boyish charm which caused So Min to blush.

“Okay. I’ll see you at the park near the library around 5:00 pm”, So Min agreed.

“You mean it, So Min?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Yeah…as a thank you for being with me when I was so down and drunk…for being my friend”, So Min replied sweetly.

“Ah…okay…I’ll see you then”, Hyun Joong said before he went out of the library to his car.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At exactly 5:00 pm, Hyun Joong was already at the park near the library. He was sitting on one of the benches whistling a happy tune and smiling at the thought that he would meet with So Min. She arrived at around 5:10 pm walking gracefully towards him.

“Hi! I’m sorry for being late. Someone borrowed a book at the last minute”, So Min said apologetically.

“No…it’s okay. I’m willing to wait for you”, Hyun Joong meaningfully replied with his heartwarming smile.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong”, So Min replied as a gentle smile slowly crept from her lips.

“Let’s go”, Hyun Joong assisted So Min to the passenger’s seat of his Land Rover before he went and entered the driver’s seat. He started the car and they drove to the Italian restaurant where Hyun Joong made a reservation.

After 30 minutes, they reached the restaurant. Hyun Joong parked the Land Rover and went out of the driver’s seat and opened the door for So Min. He even assisted So Min when they entered the door of the restaurant.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong”, So Min said turning her beautiful eyes on him. “He is such a gentleman…he takes care of me the way Kyuhyun never did in the year of us being together”, So Min said to herself as she felt the beating of her heart accelerated.

Hyun Joong just smiled and held out his hand to her. So Min blushed but she gave him her hand and they walked together towards the table reserved for them. Yonghwa was already there reading a book while sipping his iced Americano.

“Yonghwa”, Hyun Joong called as they reached the table.

Yonghwa looked from the book he was reading and smiled at them.

“Hyun Joong”, Yonghwa smiled and he turned his eyes to So Min down to the hands of So Min and Hyun Joong.

“Hi, I’m Jung So Min…a pleasure to meet you”, So Min bowed politely trying to tug her hand from Hyun Joong’s hold but Hyun Joong’s grasp remained steady.

“The pleasure is mine”, Yonghwa smiled charmingly as he stood and politely bowed before extending his hand to shake So Min’s free hand.

“Let’s seat down”, Hyun Joong said as he let go of So Min’s hand and offered her a seat before he sat himself.

“What do you want to have?” Hyun Joong gently asked So Min.

“I’ve read about Italian foods but I’m not very familiar with what’s really good to have”, So Min hesitatingly said…embarrassed by her admission which made her feel how different she was from the cousins who were sitting there with her.

“So Min, it’s okay. I’ll order the best dishes for us and have you taste them”, Hyun Joong said looking at her eyes knowing that she was not used to the ways of the elite.

So Min gradually smiled…her apprehension melted at as those gentle eyes gazed at her. Hyun Joong squeezed her hand briefly before he looked at the menu offered by the waiter who came to their table.

Yonghwa smiled at what he saw… Hyun Joong had already fallen in love with So Min…with the woman who looked like an angel.

They were already eating when Yonghwa felt a discreet kick on his shin from Hyun Joong. He would have asked his cousin when he looked up and their eyes met. Instantly, he smiled and he knew the reason for the discreet kick.

Yonghwa brought out his cellphone and pretended to look at it as if someone texted him.

“Hyun Joong, So Min, I’m very sorry…someone texted me. Something came up…I need to go to the university to pick up some papers”, Yonghwa said pretending to sound apologetic.

“Ah…okay…I guess we’ll be going now”, So Min said as she made a move to stand up from the chair.

“No…its okay…please continue eating. I’ll just leave you to Hyun Joong. I won’t leave at all if this didn’t come up. Again, I’m sorry So Min, Hyun Joong”, Yonghwa apologized.

“Okay, cousin”, Hyun Joong pretended to be sad at what Yonghwa said.

“I’ll go ahead…enjoy your meal”, Yonghwa said as he smiled at Hyun Joong.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, cousin”, Hyun Joong said as he silently mouthed the words, “Thank you”, to Yonghwa

Yonghwa winked playfully at him before going out of the Italian restaurant to where his Volvo was parked. He smiled as he maneuvered his car on the main road…thinking of Shinhye.


Friends, I already missed our handsome and gentle KHJ and our angel JSM so i decided to have them in this chapter. I'm really into KHJ and JYH because they really loved our angel JSM and our princess PSH...I just hope that they could surpass the challenges coming along their way especially with the arrival of our resident harpy SJH and of course the staple villains of the story...the Cho Family. Friends, more tears, laughter and love along the way. Again, thank you so much for your continuous support...for subscribing, reading and commenting on my story. Love you, love you all so very much!!!!