THE MOMENT OF TRUTH

INTERTWINED

Hyun Joong stood up helping So Min to her feet. He left her for a moment to get his coat from his Land Rover.

“We better put this on you so that you won’t catch cold”, Hyun Joong gently said as he wrapped the coat around So Min’s shoulders.

“Thank you, Hyun Joong, thank you very much”, So Min said.

“Are you going home now?” Hyun Joong asked as he assisted her with her things which scattered on the floor during her debacle with the men who accosted her.

“Yeah, I just came from tutoring students”, So Min replied as she put her things inside her bag.

“You tutor until this late?” Hyun Joong asked again curiously.

“Actually, my session with my students doesn’t usually extend up to this hour but we were enjoying the lesson so much we did not take notice of the time”, So Min explained as they started to walk.

“I’ll drop you home”, Hyun Joong suggested.

“Ah…sure”, So Min agreed when her stomach made a loud growl.

Hyun Joong smiled at what he heard. “It looks like we need to feed you first before going home”, he said.

“Ah…I guess so”, So Min agreed consciously.

Hyun Joong opened the passesnger side of the Land Rover and assisted So Min inside before he went to the driver’s seat.

“You’re no longer work at the library. I look for you there after our last night together but Bom told me that you resigned from your work”, Hyun Joong said.

“Yes, I resigned from my work there because someone offered me a job to tutor students. It pays well and I’m not bound by the time table. I only go to the students during the assigned sessions”, So Min replied a bit awkwardly.

“So Min, why don’t we just relax”, Hyun Joong said. “I mean I noticed that with the conversation that we are having now…we’re like I ask questions and then you answer…it’s as if we just met today…it’s as if…I don’t know but…” he stopped when he saw the surprised look on So Min’s face.

So Min wanted to tell him how much she missed him…she wanted to kiss him and embrace him for the longest time and tell him how much she loved him but the words of his mother came back strongly. “You’re not fit for my son…he needs an heiress not someone like you”, those were Mrs. Kim’s words. That was why she resigned from her work at the library to avoid meeting with Hyun Joong but still in her time of need he still came to rescue her.  

“I’m sorry, Hyun Joong. I think it would be better if you just dropped me by my apartment. I’d be fine there”, So Min said traces of remorse and sadness reflected in her voice.

Hyun Joong let go of a deep sigh…he never wanted to end with her like this knowing in his heart how much he prayed to see her again.

“Look…I’m sorry for what I said. Let’s just forget it…I’m just…I don’t know how to express what I feel at this moment. Let’s just eat together and try to be comfortable with each other, okay?” Hyun Joong said and he raised her face and looked sincerely into her eyes and gave her a heartfelt smile.

So Min nodded…she was afraid even to speak for fear that her voice might crack from all the emotions she had deep inside. They arrived at a small 24-hours diner near Han River. They ordered their food and found a vacant table.

“I eat here when I feel stress out from work and I prefer to watch the river from the distance. I enjoy the scenery and the peace that comes with it”, Hyun Joong said as he pulled out a chair for her.

“For a rich man your tastes in life are simple”, So Min commented with a smile.

“I’m rich…yes…but for me I like to live the way an ordinary man lives you know work hard at the office, eat good food, sleep in a warm bed, drink with friends occasionally, marry a simple but kind-hearted woman, raise kids at least two or three of them will do and have a laughter-filled life”, Hyun Joong replied with a dreamy smile.

“Why? You don’t like the life that you have right now? Attending parties, having so much money to spend, dating beautiful heiresses, aren’t those appealing to you?” So Min asked…her heart fluttering with the things Hyun Joong was saying.

“Money…is easily obtained from hardwork, attending parties is really bothersome especially if I would be faking that I’m enjoying the company of some rich spoiled brats and as for dating heiresses…i have nothing against them but they aren’t my type because there are times that they are most difficult to deal with maybe except for Shinhye”, Hyun Joong explained.

“How’s Shinhye? I read from the papers that she was to be married”, So Min commented before she sipped her tea.

“Yeah…to Cho Kyuhyun and it devastated the hell out of Yonghwa to know that they won’t end up together”, Hyun Joong replied before he started eating his ramen.

“Does Shinhye love Kyuhyun?” So Min asked.

“I don’t know but one thing’s for sure Shinhye does not love Kyuhyun”, Hyun Joong replied.

They ate in silence afterwards. So Min knew that Kyuhyun did not also love Shinhye because Kyuhyun in some occasions called her and asked her to help him break his engagement or even his wedding.

“Please, So Min, help me break my engagement with Shinhye. Run away with me to a place where no one knows about you and me. Let’s run away to another country…we can do that. I know that I hurt you in the past but I promise to spend my life making up to you”, Kyuhyun asked her during one of his calls.

“I can’t, Kyuhyun, I love another now and being with you is not right”, she replied.

“C’mon, So Min, I know it’s not true you don’t really love Hyun Joong you’re just using him to get even with me when I left you. I know you still love me…so think…if you can’t break my engagement break my wedding”, Kyuhyun said.

“And if I won’t? What are you going to do then?” So Min bravely asked.

“I’ll make you sorry. I don’t know what I plan to do yet but if you won’t help me, I’ll make you so sorry”, Kyuhyun threateningly said before he cut the call.

“So Min, So Min, are you still with me”, it was Hyun Joong who jolted her back to the present.

“Y-yeah…I’m sorry I’m just woolgathering”, So Min said.

“I guess you’re not woolgathering…you’re practically hugging an entire flock of sheep”, Hyun Joong jokingly said as he chuckled. “What are you thinking so deeply a while ago?” he asked.

“Ah…nothing important”, So Min lied.

“Let’s take a walk along the Han River”, Hyun Joong suggested.

“Sure”, So Min agreed.

They took a stroll and while they were walking she felt something warm touched her right hand. It was Hyun Joong’s left hand holding hers…he then as if they were old lovers; he intertwined his fingers with hers.

“Hyun Joong”, So Min called and looked at their joined hands.

“I miss you a lot…I miss you so much”, Hyun Joong said gently.

“Hyun Joong”, So Min called again as Hyun Joong held her hand tighter as if he would never let her go.

“I love you, So Min. I love you so much. Why did you suddenly decided not to see me anymore? Don’t you know that after that night when I kissed you, I wasn’t able to forget you…I always wish to see you again. Don’t you also love me in the same way that I love you?” Hyun Joong asked.

“I…I…” So Min decided to take her hand from Hyun Joong’s grip and walked a little from him. She could not think well when he was nearer to her.

“So Min, please answer me…don’t you really love me? Don’t you really care about me?” Hyun Joong held her shoulders and turned her to face him.

“Hyun Joong…I…I…” So Min’s emotion was already on the surface. Tears fell from her eyes.

“I’m sorry, So Min, I’m sorry for putting you on the spot like this…I’m sorry for imposing on you. I’d better drop you home now. You must be so tired and I’m adding up to your stress. I’m sorry…let’s leave now”, Hyun Joong said as he let go of So Min turned his back and walked slowly as tears fell from his eyes. As he was starting to walk he remembered his last conversation with Bom at the library.

“So Min really loves you, Hyun Joong, that I know for myself”, Bom told him.

“Why did she decide then to end what we had when hadn’t even started yet?” he asked.

“I guess you better ask your mother and So Min about that”, Bom replied.

“My mother? What did she has to do with anything?” he asked confused.

“I’m sorry, Hyun Joong, it’s a private matter that can only be resolved once you ask your mother and So Min”, Bom replied.

He did not ask his mother because he wanted to see So Min first…to listen to her side first. He loved his mother so much but he could say that his mother as someone who came from a rich family and married to a rich family could be overbearing and insensitive. Yet, as of the moment, maybe what Bom said to him was not true…maybe he just imagined that So Min might also love him in the same way he loved her.

“Hyun Joong, I love you so much”, So Min wanted to shout those words as she watched Hyun Joong walking away from her. Then, she felt herself moving from where she stood. She walked towards Hyun Joong and embraced him tightly halting his steps.

“I love you so much….I love you so much…please don’t ever leave me. I beg you, Hyun Joong, I beg you don’t ever leave me…don’t ever stop loving me. I love you so much… it hurt me to leave you…it hurt me so much that I thought that my heart would break from the sheer pain of it”, So Min said as she pressed her crying face to his back and her arms embraced him tighter.

Hyun Joong turned to face her. He lifted her face and looked into her eyes. With his thumbs, he wiped the tears pouring from her eyes.

“Why did you leave then? If what you confessed now was the truth, why did you leave then?” Hyun Joong asked as tears continuously fell from his eyes.

“I left because I thought it was the best thing for you. You’re a rich and powerful man in the society and I thought you won’t need a burden like me…I thought I could give you up as a husband to some heiress but heaven knows I dread the day when I would hear that you marry another”, So Min replied as her arms went around his shoulders anchoring her self to him.

“Did my mother talk to you about you and me?” Hyun Joong carefully asked.

“Hyun Joong…how…?” So Min asked surprised.

“I spoke with Bom and eventhough she did not detail much I deduce it for myself. I know how insensitive my mother can be at times especially about social status”, Hyun Joong replied.

“I don’t want you to fight your mother for me”, So Min said saidly.

“So Min, baby, listen to me…all my life I’ve done everything a good son should do. I run the company…I maintain a spotless reputation for my family…I dedicate my life to honor my family I’ve never been selfish but now…now that I have you…I’ll fight for you and for our love. I have the only one that I desire in my life…someone that I have for myself who is mine…exclusively…undeniably mine and I’ll never let you go…not now…not ever…not even in the next life”, Hyun Joong passionately said while sincerely looking to So Min’s eyes.

“I promise to fight for you, too. I won’t let go, too, no matter what happens. Thank you, Hyun Joong, for loving me….for not giving up on me”, So Min said with a gentle smile amidst her tears.

“I love you…never forget that”, Hyun Joong said.

“I lov---“ So Min wasn’t able to finish her words because Hyun Joong’s lips descended on hers.

They kissed passionately…their lips clung…their toungues mated and their breathing became one. The need for air made them stopped and they embraced tightly while smiling happily knowing that they were already together.

“I’ll see you tomorrow after I’m done at the office”, Hyun Joong said. They were parked in front of So Min’s apartment. They went straight to So Min’s apartment after their love confession along Han River.

“Yes…I’ll wait for you”, So Min agreed.

“Darling, are you sure you’ll be okay there?” Hyun Joong asked as he motioned the apartment with the slight tilt of his head.

“Yeah…the neighborhood is safe so eventhough I’m living there along ever since my parents moved to Busan everything is okay; besides a new security gadget is installed there just two days ago”, So Min assuringly said to Hyun Joong.

“Okay, just call me if anything happens or if you need anything”, Hyun Joong reminded her.

“Okay, good night…I love you”, So Min said.

“I love you, too”, Hyun Joong said as he pulled her into his arms and again kissed her passionately.

They smiled after their kiss. So Min with a smile went out of the Land Rover and went to open the gate of the apartment. She went inside the door of the house and ran to her room. She looked at her window and waved her hand goodbye to Hyun Joong who looked up from his car window and also waved goodbye before he started his Land Rover and went on his way.

From a distance, Kyuhyun clenched his fist angrily. He saw what happened with the two…the happiness they felt and he felt anger.

“If you think you could live happily ever after with Hyun Joong? You better think again, So Min, I’ll make you pay…I’ll make both of you pay”, Kyuhyun angrily said before he rode his car and went on his way.


Hi everyone! It's a HyunMin moment...anyways...thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story...love you all so much.