A COMPLICATED LOVE….

INTERTWINED

Kyuhyun found himself at the bar where he usually had his drink…he was approached by Minhyuk as he seated on a stool in front of the counter.

“Sir, what are you going to have tonight?” Minhyuk politely asked. He saw Kyuhyun’s disheveled appearance and the bruises on his face as though he had been in a fight at the past hour but he did not comment on it.

“Please pour me a shot…no make it two shots of brandy”, Kyuhyun replied as he made himself comfortable on his seat but he still winced as he felt pain as a result of his brawl with Yonghwa at the party.

“Okay, sir”, Minhyuk said as he hurried to prepare Kyuhyun’s drink.

After a while, Minhyuk came and placed a brandy snifter in front of Kyuhyun.

“Your brandy, sir”, Minhyuk said.

“Thank you, Minhyuk”, Kyuhyun said as he started sipping his drink. The brandy should have tasted fiery and painful especially with his busted lip but as of the moment he was feeling numb...unable to think of what to do with his miserable life.

“Minhyuk, do you have a dream in your life?”Kyuhyun suddenly asked.

“Yes…I guess so I have. I dream of becoming rich someday so that I won’t work like this anymore and live a comfortable life”, Minhyuk replied with a smile brightening his cute face.

“Really? Become rich someday? I tell you, Minhyuk, I just realized these past few days that richess are not everything in life…sometimes it’s a curse…do you hear me? It’s a curse…I wish I don’t have it but I couldn’t just loose it because I’m a bloody damn coward! I am a coward!” Kyuhyun declared vehemently to a slightly surprised Minhyuk.

“Sir, please calm down…please…” Minhyuk was not able to finish his words because Kyuhyun started again.

“The things that I really wished for in this life are something that I can’t buy with my money….hehehe…I mean my father’s money…he is the one who has the money, you know I’m just begging him for it in exchange for selling him my support…my aligiance…like a e, Minhyuk, I’m like a e…hehehe….” Kyuhyun said while tears fell from his eyes…he tasted the tears and bitterness of those tears.

“Sir, I guess you aren’t feeling well…do you want me to call someone to pick you up?”Minhyuk asked as he was becoming worried because Kyuhyun was already attracting the attention of the other patrons at the bar.

But Kyuhyun was not deterred by Minhyuk’s words nor was he mindful of the stares he was getting from the other patrons as he continued with his speech. “I wanted to be free…free and happy. I wanted to be free and happy why is it so bloody difficult to be, huh? I never wanted to hurt anybody…I never wanted to be bitter but because I’m not happy I want others to be as unhappy as I am. I hate my father, you know? But I bloody hate myself more because I can’t stand up to him…I can’t stand up to him. Minhyuk, how I wished I didn’t leave Victoria a while ago…I need Victoria, Victoria, please come to me”, Kyuhyun sobbed as he put his tear streaked face on his forearm like a miserable young boy.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Victoria was lying on her bed…she just finished having her shower and was about to go to sleep but she was worried for Kyuhyun. After the fight at his engagement party, Kyuhyun left his parents and without telling anyone sped away from the scene driving his BMW.

“Cho Kyuhyun, why is it your habit to make me so worried about you? Why are you always getting yourself into trouble?” Victoria muttered to herself.

She her side to find a comfortable position when her phone rang. Hoping that the call was from Kyuhyun she immediately answered her phone.

“Hello”, Victoria answered.

“Hello, good evening, Ms. Victoria, its Minhyuk”, Minhyuk introduced himself.

“Yeah, Minhyuk, what made you call?” Victoria asked.

“It’s about Mr. Kyuhyun…no he isn’t drunk but he is crying here…sobbing and awhile ago he was saying some things…the point is…he is attracting the attention of the other patrons because of his caterwauling and sooner someone will complain against him and I might get into trouble with the owner of the bar. He was calling your name so I decided that it is right to call you for help”, Minhyuk explained.

“Okay…okay…I understand. I’ll be there in around 15 minutes to pick him up”, Victoria said as she hung up and scambled out of her bed and grabbed some t-shirt and jeans from her cabinet. After combing her hair into some resemblance of order, she went out of her room.

“Going somewhere?” Woori who was watching a late night TV show asked.

“Yeah”, Victoria said as she walked to the direction of the door.

“Picking up Kyuhyun again?” Woori asked before she popped a couple of pop corns to .

“You said it right, Woori. I’ll be going”, Victoria said as she went out of the gate…at that moment she knew why she did not park her car inside the garage of the apartment...it was because she had to pick up Kyuhyun. She then started her car and sped on her way to the bar.

“Kyuhyun, why are you always doing this to me, you bastard”, Victoria irritatingly muttered.

She was irritated with Kyuhyun but more than that, she was irritated with herself for always being there for him but mostly for loving as scumbag douchebag like him. At exactly 15 minutes, she arrived at the bar.

“Kyuhyun, let’s go”, Victoria came to Kyuhyun’s side.

“Victoria, Victoria, you’re here…thank heavens you’re here”, Kyuhyun said as he looked at her with tears from his eyes.

“I’ll bring you home”, Victoria said as she helped him to his feet. He was not drunk but he was pained by the injuries he gained from his brawl earlier with Yonghwa. She paid the brandy and she left the bar with Kyuhyun.

“Do your bruises pain you a lot?” Victoria asked as they arrived to their house and entered her room where Kyuhyun went straight to her bed, took off his shoes and lay down.

“Yes, I felt miserable”, Kyuhyun replied.

“Here change to these and I’ll just get cold compress for your swollen eye and some salve for your bruises”, Victoria said as she handed him a pair of pajamas and a shirt…he kept a stack of clothes inside Victoria’s cabinet since he was used to sleeping at her apartment everytime he got in an argument with his father or at times when he was drunk to go home.

“Victoria, thank you”, Kyuhyun said before Victoria went out and closed the door.

He changed and lay on Victoria’s bed. After a while she returned carrying a cold compress and a jar of salve which she applied to his body while he was holding the compress to his eye.

“Go to sleep now, Kyuhyun, everything will be alright”, Victoria said as she covered him with her blanket.

“Don’t leave me, Victoria”, Kyuhyun pleaded.

“I won’t ever leave you, Kyuhyun, unless it’s necessary for me to leave you for your own sake”, Victoria replied.

“No…don’t ever leave me even for my own sake, huh?” Kyuhyun pleaded.

Victoria just nodded as she closed the light and opened a dim light. She then settled near him…she looked at him and memories came flooding at her…

“Class, this is Victoria Song our new student in this school”, the teacher introduced Victoria to the class.

“Good morning, everyone, I am Victoria Song…I transferred here from Tokyo….I hope that you’ll be kind to me. Thank you”, Victoria introduced herself with a smile and bowed politely.

“Victoria, please take the vacant seat near the window”, the teacher instructed her.

Victoria went to sit near the window. She then noticed her other classmates eyeing her curiosly. In the next weeks that came…she realized that some were starting to bully her…the boys were throwing her with lascivious glances which frightened her because she was new at Incheon and did not have friends yet at school.

“Victoria, be careful with your way home, okay”, it was one of the boys in her class which she knew as Cho Kyuhyun.

“Thank you very much”, Victoria replied.

“Do you want me to walk with you?” Kyuhyun asked friendlily.

“I’m okay…don’t worry about me”, Victoria politely declined Kyuhyun’s offer.

“Okay…but if you happened to need anything just approach me”, Kyuhyun told her with a gentle smile.

Victoria nodded and bowed before she went on her way to the dormitory.

“Hi Victoria…wanna have fun with us?” one of her classmates asked her from the distance as he threw her a lascivious glance.

“Hi Victoria...can I kiss you?” the other said with rude puckering of his lips at the air.

“Victoria, do you wanna drink with us tonight?” another asked crudely motioning something derogatory with his hands.

Victoria amidst those comments just continued to walk fast clutching her large notebook and laboratory manual to her chest. Those students made her nervous. Others were bullying her but they were not openly doing it…but those boys were so much frightening for her. The worst and best moment of her life came one night after doing her research at the library, it was raining and when she passed through that same road, the same group of boys came for her….

“Hi, Victoria, do you want to play with us in the rain?” one of the boys asked as he his lips.

“No, stay away from me…I have to go home now”, Victoria replied as she continued to walk while the boys followed her at a measured distance.

“But…Victoria, going home is not fun at all…why don’t you play hide and seek with us?” the other one taunted her.

Victoria’s heartbeat was starting to escalate…her shoes made squishing sound on the wet ground as her walking turned a little faster.

“I told you stay away from me or I’ll shout!” Victoria forcefully said infusing steel to her voice.

“Really? Wow! We’re so much scared”, the third one laughed like a maniac.

Victoria because of her fear did not think about anything except to run from those boys who were taunting her. She ran and they gave chase as though they were predators after their helpless prey…when they reached a more darkened street, Victoria slipped and fell on her back on the wet ground…her things flew and the rain was then hitting her face.

“What now?” the first one asked as they came near her.

“You’re ours now”, the second one commented while the third one grinned menacingly.

“Please, don’t hurt me…please, don’t hurt me”, Victoria pleaded as she tried to sit but failed due to the pain on her back and feet when she slipped and fell.

The three just laughed while Victoria pleaded for her life…for her innocence…for she knew that they might not plan to kill her but they would surely her. Her tears mixed with the rain and she felt her heart pounding inside her chest as though it would burst any moment.

“Touch her and I’ll kill the three of you”, Victoria heard a voice infused with hatred and deep revulsion.

“What did you say?” the third one asked.

“I said touch her and I’ll not hesitate to kill you”, the man replied.

Victoria looked at her possible savior…she was both surprised and relieved with who she saw. She was surprised because she did not expect him…she was relieved because someone came too save her.

“K-Kyuhyun, K-Kyuhyun”, Victoria called weakly as she was already cold and tired from her ordeal.

Kyuhyun was holding a baseball bat with his hand…his bag was slung at his back…he and his uniform were already soaked from the pouring rain and his hair fell on his forehead also dripping with water. He was the picture of an avenging angel.

“Who do you think you are to tell us what to do, huh?” the second one angrily said and he came with his fist raised towards Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun dodged the blow and hit the arm of his attacker with the baseball bat.

“AAhhh”, his attacker shouted as he fell on the ground holding his arm which was in pain.

“How dare you!” the first one angrily said as he too attacked. Even before he landed a blow Kyuhyun side stepped and hit him at the back with the baseball bat knocking him on the ground as he groaned and twisted in pain.

“You’re next”, Kyuhyun said as he advanced towards the third one.

“Please, spare me…I won’t come near her again…I swear”, the third one pleaded but Kyuhyun continued to advance towards him.

“Run!” Kyuhyun shouted and the frightened boy ran as though the fires of hell were after him.

“Victoria, are you okay? Can you stand up?” Kyuhyun asked concern etched on his features as he crouched in front of Victoria who was still stunned but what she saw.

“I…I…I…feel so cold and I…I….can’t stand up my entire body was pained when I fell on the ground”, Victoria said with her teeth chattering from the cold.

Kyuhyun nodded, he went to pick up her things and handed them to her.

“I can’t offer you my coat because everything that I have are also soaking wet but I can carry you to a safer place if you would trust me”, Kyuhyun said.

“I trust you”, Victoria murmured her consent.

Kyuhyun then scooped her from the ground as though she weighed nothing in a bridal style. Kyuhyun also put her back pack on his shoulder…the only thing Victoria carried was Kyuhyun’s baseball bat.

“I’ll bring you to my apartment…it’s just nearby”, Kyuhyun said as he continued to walk carrying her leaving the other two bullies still on the wet ground.

They arrived at Kyuhyun’s apartment…it was a studio type apartment…simple but she could tell that he was a good one with the arts from the paintings displayed all over the place.

“I dabble a little in painting and sketching”, Kyuhyun explained when he noticed her looking at his art works.

“You’re very accomplished”, Victoria complemented him.

“Here…have a change of clothing at the comfort room”, Kyuhyun handed her feminine clothing.

“Ah…ah…won’t the owner of these complain if I would wear her clothing?” Victoria asked.

“It’s my mother’s…she has clothes here…claims that she leaves them so she’ll always have spares when she’s here”, Kyuhyun explained with a smile.

“Thank you…thank you very much…” Victoria said as she walked slowly towards the comfort room.

After a while, she went out and she sat at the sofa...Kyuhyun then came and handed her a steaming cup of milk.

“Drink that…it will calm you…I’ll just get a bowl of ramen for you to eat”, Kyuhyun said as he went to get the instant ramen he prepared and placed it on the small table in front of her.

“Thank you for saving me awhile ago. How did you come to be there?”Victoria asked.

“I came from my baseball practice and decided to take that route going home”, Kyuhyun said but he looked at Victoria he decided to tell her the truth. “Okay, I had a baseball practice but I heard from one of our classmates that those idiots planned to molest you so I followed you home”.

“Why? Why are you so good to me? Ever since I came here…you’ve been so good to me”, Victoria asked.

“I don’t know…I just like you a lot…don’t get me wrong I’m not asking you to be my girlfriend or anything…I just like you…the first time I laid my eyes on you I felt it deep in my heart that there’s something about you that calls to me…but I don’t love you at all…I’m incapable of that…please, stop asking anything about my motives for saving you because I can’t understand them let alone explained the reason why I saved you when I’ve always been a bad guy”, Kyuhyun said in a confused manner.

“What do you want in return for your help?” Victoria asked not trusting Kyuhyun’s words because no one tried to care for her before…no one tried to ask her if she was hurting or fine or even tell her he liked her. Her own father never liked her because she was born a female…thus she spent every waking hour pleasing her father…proving to him that she could be more than the son he wished he had but still he kept his distance from her until she stopped trying to get close to him.

“Friendship…be my bestfriend…stay with me for always…never leave my side in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer…till death do us part”, Kyuhyun said looking at her seriously.

“Okay…friends...” Victoria agreed although she felt a little awkward from Kyuhyun’s words which sounded like a wedding vow…or a friendship vow the way he put it.

“Victoria, you take the bed tonight…I’ll just sleep on the sofa, okay”, Kyuhyun said as he gathered his blankets and gave Victoria his freshly laundered blankets.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun, thank you and good night”, Victoria said as she lay on the bed.

“Good night, Victoria”, Kyuhyun said as he lay on the sofa. Within few minutes, they were both aslept.

The next day was a Saturday so Kyuhyun decided to her back to her dormitory but before they left his apartment, he prepared a good breakfast of kimchi pancakes, scrambled eggs and coffee for them.

“Take care, Victoria, I’ll see you this afternoon…let’s go to the amusement park”, Kyuhyun suggested.

“Okay”, Victoria agreed as she smiled and bowed shallowly in farewell.

Their bond of friendship got stronger as the months…years...passed. They knew each other secrets and turned to each other for strength. Their relationship was stronger than any that Kyuhyun had with all those girls who became his girlfriends even with So Min…as for her she realized that what she had for him was more than friendship…it was love…a love stronger than anything…

“Kyuhyun, darling, I love you so much…I wish you were mine. If my love could hold you I would keep you here with me and help free you from your father’s tyranny. If my love could hold you I would keep you so happy you won’t feel the emptiness anymore”, Victoria thought while she held Kyuhyun’s hand to hers.

Even in his sleep, Kyuhyun’s hand clutched Victoria’s hand and carried it to his chest and he sighed softly…his lips graced with a contented smile.


Hi everyone! It's a Kyuhyun-Victoria moment...I guess I wanted to explore their complicated story...the love that Kyuhyun didn't notice he had for Victoria and the love that Victoria couldn't tell Kyuhyun both of these loves were shown through their complicated actions which i hope would lead to something good as my story progresses. I wanted to thank everyone who reads, subscribes and comments on my story...love you all....