ANOTHER WOMAN?

INTERTWINED

A phone call arrived at Secretary Cho’s library that night…it was Mr. Choi the detective he assigned to monitor Shinhye and Yonghwa.

“Hello, Secretary Cho, good evening; it’s confirmed that there’s something between Ms. Park and Mr. Jung. Some of the sources we interviewed confirmed that the two are very close and they are always seen in the company of each other especially during the time that Mr. Jung visited Ms. Park at Incheon. We also heard that the two act as more than friends on numerous occasions…making everyone predict that they will soon be announcing their relationship to everyone”, Mr. Choi narrated.

Mr. Cho’s face darkened and his left fist balled on his side. “What else, Mr. Choi?” he asked.

“We also heard that the two plan to meet at the end of the week since Ms. Park already resigned her post here at University of Incheon, on the process of giving up her apartment and packing her things going back to Seoul”, Mr. Choi continued.

“Is there anything else, Mr. Choi?” Mr. Cho asked.

“As of now, sir, there isn’t anything yet but I’ll call you again when there’s development”, Mr. Choi answered.

“Mr. Choi, I thank you for your services. I’ll hear from you soon”, Mr. Cho said as he ended the call.

“So you resigned your post and you’re giving up your apartment in Incheon and you’ll meet with Yonghwa…no…no…can it be that you plan to elope with him?” Mr. Cho concluded in his mind. “No, you can’t do that to me, Shinhye! You can’t do that to me!” he angrily thought as he slammed his fist on his table and thought of a sinister move to thwart the possibility of Shinhye and Yonghwa’s plan.

On the other hand, Shinhye was lying on her bed that night…she was counting the days of her stay at Incheon. By the end of the week she would be with Yonghwa again and she would tell him how she felt and they would be happy…they would defy everything and anything to be together. Her reverie was suddenly interrupted by a phone call…

“Hello”, Shinhye answered happily.

“Shinhye, how’s your day?” It was Yonghwa…his gentle and soothing baritone.

“I feel good…I miss you a lot”, Shinhye blurted out. She really missed him…wanted to pull the days to be with him.

“I miss you, too. It’s getting colder at nights and my blankets are no longer enough to keep me warm”, Yonghwa pretended to complain while smiling at the other line.

“Really? That’s too bad…hehehe…you might catch cold. Don’t worry by the end of the week you won’t feel that cold anymore”, Shinhye comfortingly said.

“Why? You’ll keep me company at nights?” Yonghwa naughtily said with a chuckle.

“Maybe? I might embrace you so tight you’ll swelter…or I might just give you another blanket…hehehe”, Shinhye jokingly replied.

“Shinhye…” Yonghwa called out pretending to be annoyed.

“Kidding…honestly I miss you so very much. Wait for me, okay?” Shinhye seriously said.

“I will…I will…good night”, Yonghwa gently said.

“Good night”, Shinhye ended the call. Both of them lay on their beds clutching their cellphones close to their hearts while smiling giddily.

The next day, Yonghwa was at the lobby of one of his family’s hotel…The City…it was an urban inspired hotel near the Korea University where he was teaching. He was chilling out after his classes for that day when someone approached his table.

“Hi, may I join you?” It was a woman’s voice.

Yonghwa stopped eating and lifted his gaze to find a somewhat familiar woman around his age smiling at him. She was wearing a black mini dress and stilettos. Her long curly brown hair hung past her waist.

“Excuse me? D-do I know you?” Yonghwa asked trying to search his brains where he had seen the woman standing across his table.

“Yonghwa, that’s not a good joke…hehehe…don’t you remember me anymore? I’m one of your classmates when we were in elementary until we’re in second year high school…I left the school when I my parents decided to transfer to Busan”, the woman reminded Yonghwa.

Something clicked at Yonghwa’s mind…as he remembered who the woman in front of him was. He smiled friendlily and extended his right hand in greeting.

“How are you, Seo Joo Hyun? It’s been a while”, Yonghwa said with a smile.

Joo Hyun…however…did not take the hand extended by Yonghwa instead she went to his side and gave him a kiss on his cheek as a sign of greeting and a tight embrace. It surprised Yonghwa who felt uneasy for he was not use to such forward actions from a woman…well…except for Shinhye.

“Ah…Why don’t you seat down, Joo Hyun”, Yonghwa uneasily said and extricated himself from her embrace.

“Ah…oh…I’m sorry did I make you feel uneasy? I’m so sorry but we’re old friends after all and I miss you so much…” Joo Hyun tried to explain her actions.

“I-It’s okay, Joo Hyun, just don’t be carried away next time”, Yonghwa reminded her as they both sat down and Yonghwa motioned for the waiter to approach them.

Joo Hyun ordered cappuccino and a chocolate cake. Yonghwa just continued eating his pasta and sipping his iced Americano.

“You’re not yet married?” Joo Hyun started.

“Ah…what?” Yonghwa asked as he looked at her. His mind was not with Joo Hyun that time…it was with Shinhye.

“I’m asking if you’re not yet married.” Joo Hyun repeated with a flirty smile on her blood red painted lips.

“No…no…but I hope by the end of this year…I will be”, Yonghwa answered with a smile as he remembered Shinhye’s beautiful face.

Or so you thought, Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun told herself. “Oh that’s great!” Joo Hyun pretended to be happy upon hearing Yonghwa’s words.

“How about you? Not yet married also?” Yonghwa asked back.

“Nope…can’t find the time. I’m so busy working these past three years to find the time to be in a relationship”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Ah…don’t worry about rushing things you’ll find that someone for you, too”, Yonghwa comfortingly said.

“Thank you, Yonghwa”, Joo Hyun said as she held his hand and smiled. 

At the distance, someone was capturing the scenes in a camera making angles that would make their friendly encounter to something resembling a date.

“Secretary Cho, will definitely like these…hehehe”, Mr. Choi told himself as he continued taking pictures of Yonghwa with Joo Hyun.


Hi everyone! Seems like another obstacle is coming for our YongShin couple...hope they can surpass this one....hehehe...I'm fervently hoping, too. Anyways, thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story. Please, friends, stay tune more love and tears along the way....love you all so very much!!!!