IN HIS ARMS....

INTERTWINED

“No….I won’t let you be happy! I’ll destroy the both of you! Yonghwa, you’re mine, mine forever!” Joo Hyun angrily said as she maneuvered her car out of the park after seeing Yonghwa and Shinhye embraced and kissed passionately.

“So…you decided to confess your love for each other…let’s see how Mr. Cho will go about his plans”, Siwon told himself as he too maneuvered his car out of the park.

Yonghwa and Shinhye on the other hand sat on the bench. Yonghwa enveloped Shinhye in his arms; while she was laying her head on his chest.

“You won’t marry Kyuhyun now, darling”, it was a statement from Yonghwa.

“No…I won’t, Yonghwa, after I have you with me now how can I think of marrying Kyuhyun”, Shinhye replied.

“I’ll fight for you…no matter what happens. I won’t let you out of my arms again”, Yonghwa said determination reflected in his voice.

Shinhye raised her face from his chest and her hand turned his face towards her. “I’ll risk even my life just to be with you, Yonghwa, just promise me that you’ll love me with the same honesty, loyalty and devotion that I feel for you…promise to love me and only me for the rest of our lives”, Shinhye said gently.

Yonghwa kissed the hand holding his cheek. “I promise to love only you for the rest of our lives. We’ll escape Shinhye…I’ll ask Hyun Joong’s help for us to leave the country”, Yonghwa said as his face again descended and met Shinhye’s waiting lips.

That night after they came from the park, Yonghwa and Shinhye arrived at the Park Mansion. Shinhye’s parents were sitting at the living room.

“Dad, mom, can I take a little of your time and speak with you?” Yonghwa asked after he bowed politely.

“Dad, mom, Yonghwa and I wish to tell you a very important decision”, Shinhye said after she also bowed politely.

“Very well, children, let’s proceed to my office”, Mr. Park agreed as he led the way to his study room.

“Please be seated, children”, Mrs. Park motioned for the two to seat at the chairs in front of the desk. Mr. Park sat on the executive chair behind the desk while Mrs. Park stood beside the chair of her husband.

“What do you wish to tell me, Yonghwa?” Mr. Park asked.

“Dad, I wish to marry, Shinhye. I want her to be my wife”, Yonghwa declared.

“Yonghwa, son, you’re aware that she is promised to marry Cho Kyuhyun”, Mrs. Park remarked.

Mr. Park remained silent…he looked at the young man who declared his desire to marry Shinhye.

“Mom, I’m aware that she is promised to marry Cho Kyuhyun but they do not love each other. Kyuhyun does not love Shinhye and will never love her the way that I will. He will hurt her emotionally until such time that Shinhye’s life will be like my mother. But I…I will love Shinhye so much…so much…I will cherish her and take care of her with all of my heart and all my soul”, Yonghwa passionately said.

“Dad, mom, please give us your blessing. I really love Yonghwa and I know deep in my heart that Kyuhyun will never love me nor care for me the way Yonghwa will”, Shinhye pleaded.

“Shinhye, daughter, you know that this will taint our family’s reputation. I’m willing to risk losing my position as the Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce if that would assure your happiness; but, would you be willing to endure the scandal if you eloped?” Mr. Park finally asked.

“Yes, dad, I’m willing to risk everything to be with Yonghwa”, Shinhye bravely replied as she looked at Yonghwa and smiled.

“Dad, I swear I will take care of her. We will leave the country secretly. You don’t need to resign your position as chairman. You can tell them that you’re not aware of our plan in order to save your family’s reputation”, Yonghwa said also feeling

“No, Yonghwa, I’ll stand by the decision you made with my daughter. Being a chairman is not as important as the happiness of my only child. There might be scandal but we’ll try our best to withstand it the way your family did years ago”, Mr. Park said with determination.

“Yes, children, we’ll support your decision no matter what happened”, Mrs. Park finally smiled in understanding.

“Thank you, dad, mom, for being so understanding of our situation”, Yonghwa smiled and bowed politely in gratefulness.

“Yonghwa, please be devoted to our daughter. Please love her because she trusted you and loved you. Please be loyal to her because aside from love trust and loyalty are foundations of strong relationship. Please be always honest with each other”, Mr. Park reminded the two.

“Yes, dad, I promise”, Yonghwa answered readily.

“I, too, will do the same, dad”, Shinhye said as she was already teary eyed with happiness.

“I know you will, little angel”, Mr. Park fondly said.

“Yonghwa, son, please join us for late dinner”, Mrs. Park invited Yonghwa.

“Thank you, mom, I will”, Yonghwa replied.

That night, Yonghwa happily joined Shinhye and his family in a dinner.

The next day, Joo Hyun decided to leave her condo unit earlier she wanted to see Yonghwa at the university. She was at the car park when she again saw Siwon.

“What are you doing here?” Joo Hyun asked exasperation written all over her face.

“I like to see you. ‘Sides, Mr. Cho wants to meet you today”, Siwon replied simply.

“I’ll be there…” Joo Hyun opened the door of her car and was about to enter when Siwon asked her.

“Why do you want to help Mr. Cho?” Siwon asked.

“Because I wanted Yonghwa to be mine”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Do you love him?” Siwon asked.

“Yes. I won’t be doing this if I didn’t”, Joo Hyun replied.

“Ahh…so you won’t stop until he’s yours…until he marries you?” Siwon continued asking.

“Yes, by the way, why are you asking me these questions? What is it to you anyway?” Joo Hyun snapped.

“Nothing…I just thought that you’re so pathetic to chase after someone who doesn’t love you at all. You’re beautiful…you’re rich but you’re terribly pathetic”, Siwon snapped back.

“You don’t have the right to tell me these things! Just wait and I’ll tell Mr. Cho that you’re convincing me not to participate on his schemes anymore…he’ll fire you at no time!” Joo Hyun angrily said.

“Go on tell him. Just to inform you…I don’t work for him anymore. I just left my post this morning after I delivered the pictures I got for him last time”, Siwon casually informed Joo Hyun.

“What? Why?” Joo Hyun asked surprised.

“I realized that I don’t want to work with someone as dirty as him anymore”, Siwon replied as he turned his back and went to his car. Joo Hyun was left after Siwon’s car maneuvered out of the car park. Joo Hyun felt a twinge in her heart. She felt bereft…she felt as if she wanted to cry.

“That, jerk! Why do I have to feel this way after he said that he already left Mr. Cho’s employment?” Joo Hyun asked angrily before she entered her car and drove to her destination.

“Yonghwa, let’s go the amusement park this evening or the theater. We can ride the roller coaster or we can watch a movie”, Shinhye said as they were walking hand in hand at the corridor.

“Okay, let’s go watch a movie”, Yonghwa agreed.

“Let’s watch a romantic comedy”, Shinhye suggested smiling at Yonghwa.

“Why don’t we watch some action film instead?”, Yonghwa suggested.

“Baby, please let’s watch a romantic comedy”, Shinhye said pouting cutely.

“Okay…okay…we’ll watch whatever you want”, Yonghwa agreed.

“Thank you, baby”, Shinhye said as she stood on tiptoe and pecked Yonghwa’s lips which caused him to blush.

“Ahem…ahem…we’re at the campus, baby”, Yonghwa reminded Shinhye although deep inside he was so happy that Shinhye was a very expressive person.

“Looks like you’re having fun”, Joo Hyun said out of nowhere. She arrived at the university a few minutes ago and saw the two having conversing sweetly with each other.

“Do I know you?” Shinhye asked as she tried to search her memory if she had already seen the woman in front of her.

“Seo Joo Hyun of Seo Textile Company in Busan…you don’t know me personally but I’m sure Yonghwa here knows me very well, isn’t Yonghwa?” Joo Hyun asked her voice seductive.

“Baby?” Shinhye asked Yonghwa.

“Baby, Joo Hyun was a classmate when we were in elementary. She left the school when we were in high school that was the time when you transferred from Incheon she transferred to Busan. She was a childhood friend”, Yonghwa explained.

“Really? Oh I’m so glad to meet you. So you’re one of Yonghwa’s friends. I’m Park Shinhye, Yonghwa’s girlfriend”, Shinhye introduced herself.

“Girlfriend? I didn’t know that he has a girlfriend. Oh well…I’ve been hiding myself in Busan for such a long time I’m not able to know the happenings here in Seoul. I’m glad to meet you, Shinhye, I hope you’ll remain in each others’ arms for a long time”, Joo Hyun meaningfully said.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Yonghwa suddenly reacted.

“Nothing, my friend, I just wish that you’ll stay strong together. You know there are a lot of challenges along the way, right, Shinhye? There are people who will stop at nothing to tear a perfect relationship apart”, Joo Hyun meaningfully said directing her stare to Yonghwa.

“Of course…we know that but I and Yonghwa will stay strong together”, Shinhye said smiling at Joo Hyun.

“That’s good…very good…I better be going now. I just want to take a look around the university. I’m glad to meet you, Shinhye”, Joo Hyun said as she pecked Shinhye’s cheek which Shinhye returned.

Joo Hyun left the university…she went on her way to meet Mr. Cho.

“You don’t appear to like Joo Hyun”, Shinhye commented.

“Do I?” Yonghwa asked. They were eating their lunch in an Italian restaurant near the university.

“Yeah, I observe that you don’t take kindly to her…I mean she’s your friend, right?” Shinhye asked.

“She was a childhood friend…besides I don’t like you to get any ideas about me and her”, Yonghwa said.

“I’m not jealous about her, baby, because I know and I’m confident that you love me and only me. ‘Sides, she might be wearing a y mini dress and blood red lipstick but truth to tell I’m a hundred times more beautiful and ier than she is without resulting to wearing those stuff that she has”, Shinhye confidently said.

“Thank you for being so confident, baby. You can wear rugs or sacks and you’ll still appear a hundred times more beautiful and desirable than Joo Hyun but I guess it would be more palatable if you would wear nothing at all”, Yonghwa naughtily said.

“Y-Yonghwa, what a thing to suggest!” Shinhye exclaimed as she blushed and drank her iced Americano while Yonghwa smiled and winked naughtily at her.


Hi friends! Our Shinhye already met Joo Hyun face to face. Joo Hyun's getting irritating by degrees but don't worry our fave couple might face a lot of troubles but still true love will triumph in the end. Anyway, friends, I'm really, really, thankful for your support for my story. I want to thank you for subscribing and reading and for the wonderful comments...friends i really, really welcome your comments....all of you inspire to write my story. I love you all so very much....