A LOVE WORTH FIGHTING FOR…

INTERTWINED

Kyuhyun remained asleep. Everyone was already worried for him. Most of all, they were worried by the statement that Secretary Cho released during the press release he did at the hospital.

“Good morning”, Yonghwa greeted Shinhye who was sitting on one of the chairs at the garden reading broadsheet while sipping coffee.

“Good morning, baby”, Shinhye greeted back and she raised her face for a light kiss on her lips.

“What does the news say?” Yonghwa asked as he took the seat opposite her.

“It features Secretary Cho’s statement…the news reaks of scandal about you and I but the worst part is more on Hyun Joong and So Min”, Shinhye said with a deep sigh.

“Did your parents say something about the news?” Yonghwa asked as he also sipped his own coffee.

“They called me last night after they watched everything at the news. I told them everything…they won’t talk anyway and Secretary Cho won’t really dare ask them for any information. They support us with what we are doing”, Shinhye replied as she folded the broadsheet and put it on the table.

“My mom also called me last night and I told her everything. She knew all along about Kyuhyun and I being siblings but she decided to hide everything…her reason for doing that she didn’t explain to me and I didn’t bother to ask”, Yonghwa said with a sad smile.

“It’s all in the past…the important thing is to have Kyuhyun back into shape in order to set the record straight about you and I and about Hyun Joong and So Min”, Shinhye encouragingly said.

“That’s what I prayed for last night, baby”, Yonghwa said.

“I know, baby, we just have to believe”, Shinhye said with a gentle smile as she extended her hand and held Yonghwa’s.

In that same morning, Hyun Joong was on the bed…he was looking at So Min’s sleeping face. He knew that So Min took the statement of Secretary Cho badly. She was also upset when her parents called to confirm the news.

“I won’t let anything happen to you, darling”, Hyun Joong murmured as he gently touched So Min’s cheek.

“Hyun Joong”, So Min said as she opened her eyes to stare at him…her eyes still looked clouded…sad.

“I hate it when you look so forlornly, darling”, Hyun Joong commented.

“I didn’t do anything bad to Kyuhyun”, So Min said.

“I know and your parents believed you too, right?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Yeah…they believed me but I heard your mom last night…she was devastated that you’re with me”, So Min said as tears rolled from her eyes to the pillow.

“Darling, I think it’s time that we both face the music. It’s time we stand against the scandal created by Secretary Cho”, Hyun Joong said with determination as he was wiping So Min’s tears with his thumb.

“What are you going to do?” So Min asked worriedly.

“Not I, darling, it’s we”, Hyun Joong said as he get up from the bed.

“Hyun Joong, what are you planning?” So Min asked.

“I’ll take a bath on Yonghwa’s room so that you can have privacy to use the bathroom here. I’ll expect you downstairs after 30 minutes”, Hyun Joong said before he kissed her deeply and grabbed his things and went out.

So Min went inside the bathroom and started taking a bath. She trusted Hyun Joong completely and if he said that it was time for them to face the music…then they would and she would definitely support him no matter what.

“Hyun Joong, you’re going out?” Yonghwa said. He entered his room and saw Hyun Joong wearing a long sleeve gray polo, black slacks and loaffers.

“Yeah…it’s time I do something to defend So Min’s honor from that bastard, Secretary Cho”, Hyun Joong said.

“I support you, Hyun Joong; but, how about your mother?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’m hoping that she’ll support me on this but I know that she doesn’t like So Min. I’ll still go to ask for her blessings but whether she wants So Min or not…I’ll definitely stay with So Min”, Hyun Joong said with finality.

“She will come around, Hyun Joong, you’re mom loves you so much”, Yonghwa remarked.

“I hope so, Yonghwa”, Hyun Joong smiled and he went out of the door.

So Min was wearing a simple ankle length, long sleeve, violet dress. She matched it with black stilletos. Her long hair was pinned at the sides of her head. She applied a light make up with a pair of drop earrings and silver watch as her accessories.

“You look beautiful”, Hyun Joong enamoredly remarked.

“Thank you”, So Min replied with a shy smile.

Hyun Joong went nearer and he took something from his pocket.

“Turn around”, Hyun Joong told So Min.

So Min turned around and Hyun Joong fastened a necklace with a half heart pendant around her neck.

“I’m wearing the other half of the heart around my neck”, Hyun Joong said and he turned So Min and embraced her.

“I love you, Hyun Joong”, So Min said.

“I love you more, So Min. Let’s go”, Hyun Joong said as he held her hand and they went out of the main door of the Jung Mansion.

After 30 minutes, the Land Rover stopped entered the gate of the Kim Mansion.

“Hyun Joong, this is splendid”, So Min remarked as she went out of the Land Rover and her fascinated eyes roamed around the area…absorbing the beauty of the place.

“This is where I live”, Hyun Joong said with a smile enjoying the child like look on So Min’s angelic face.

“Why did we go here?” So Min asked worriedly.

“We’re going to face the music together, right? So it’s time for us to face my mother”, Hyun Joong said as he gently pulled her towards the opened main door of the mansion.

“It’s about time, son”, Mrs. Kim said from the top of the grand staircase.

“Mom, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Jung So Min”, Hyun Joong said.

Mrs. Kim like an empress of her own empire descended the steps of the grand staircase. She was wearing a long, red dress with lace sleeves. She glittered from the accessories that adorned her elegant features.

“I told you to stay away from my son, Ms. Jung”, Mrs. Kim frankly said at So Min.

So Min fell on her knees in front of her. “I did, Mrs. Kim, I did but I love him so much and if loving him would be a sin…I’d be willing to sin and be punished for the rest of my life”.

Mrs. Kim looked at So Min…she was looking at the woman whom her son loved so much he was willing to defy her for the first time in his life.

“So Min, please, don’t do this”, Hyun Joong said as he tried to gently pull So Min to her feet.

“Hyun Joong, please let me do this for you”, So Min remained kneeling in front of Mrs. Kim.

“You know that I could deny Hyun Joong his inheritance and everything that he had if he married you”, Mrs. Kim said acerbically.

“Mom, please stop this. Stop this at this moment. Stop terrorizing So Min”, Hyun Joong slightly raised his voice.

“Why should I? This woman will only drag you down…actually from the interview of Secretary Cho he blamed this woman as the cause of his son’s death”, Mrs. Kim said looking directly at his son.

“And so is Yonghwa and Shinhye…you know that Secretary Cho is a liar!” Hyun Joong bantered back.

“Are you openly defying my will now, Kim Hyun Joong?” Mrs. Kim asked surprised that her loving son was defending So Min against her.

Hyun Joong knelt beside So Min and faced his mother.

“Mom, all my life…I loved you and served you as a good son should be. I never brought you anything that would shame our family. I headed the family business at a very young age. I never indulged in vices…I never hurt anyone…I never disobeyed you. This time…I’d like to ask for your forgiveness for it’s the first time that I wanted someone more than everything in this world and it’s the first time that I’ll defy your will to be with her. I’m sorry, mom”, Hyun Joong said as he bowed low and stood. He gently pulled So Min to her feet and they both bowed politely before they went towards the main door to Hyun Joong’s Land Rover.

“You shouldn’t have done that to your mother, Hyun Joong”, So Min commented as they were on their way.

“For me…you’re worth fighting for. I’ll fight for you till the end, So Min, so don’t give me up…not for anything…not even for what others' say for my own good because you’re the only good one for me…the only one”, Hyun Joong said with determination as he held So Min’s left hand with his right tightly while his left hand continued to hold the steering wheel.

They arrived at the main tower of K Channel, the broadcasting company owned by Hyun Joong’s family.

“Hyun Joong, why are we here?” So Min asked as they entered the building. Everyone they met bowed politely at Hyun Joong while they were discreetly looking at her.

“Prepare the assembly hall and call the finest media men that we have”, Hyun Joong commanded his secretary who immediately followed.

“Darling, let’s go…I’ll show you my office”, Hyun Joong said as he pulled So Min to the direction of the elevator.

They arrived at the 20th floor of the tower. Hyun Joong entered his office…So Min followed. So Min was so fascinated with the elegance of Hyun Joong’s office. It was spacious with its floor and walls covered by thick bluish gray carpeting. The wide glass windows showed the view of the entire city. There were paintings depicting traditional Joseon culture on the walls.

“It’s beautiful…elegant”, So Min commented.

“Yeah…I know but you're much…much…much beautiful to me”, Hyun Joong complimented So Min.

“Thank you”, So Min replied…she was smiling adoringly at Hyun Joong.

A discreet knock on the door interrupted them.

“Sir, the venue and the media men are ready”, the secretary said.

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes”, Hyun Joong said as he went to his drawer and grabbed something and held it in his hand.

“Let’s go, darling”, Hyun Joong said as he went out of his office and entered the elevator with So Min. They arrived at the assembly hall in exactly 10 minutes. Hyun Joong gently pulled So Min at the stage at the assembly hall.

“Hyun Joong, what’s this? There are so many people here”, So Min said as she started to get nervous. She became more nervous when she spotted her parents at a discreetly safe distance from the stage.

“So Min, please, just calm down and I’ll take care of everything”, Hyun Joong said with his endearing smile.

So Min just nodded… and smiled back although her heart was racing very fast.

“Good morning, everyone, I called an emergency press conference today because I wanted to clear the air from the accusations that Secretary Cho levered at Jung So Min”, Hyun Joong started.

“Mr. Kim, do you know Jung So Min?” one of the media men asked.

“Yes…in fact this beautiful lady who is standing beside me is Jung So Min, my girlfriend”, Hyun Joong declared.

“Mr. Kim, Secretary Cho said that Ms. Jung is his deceased son’s girlfriend”, one of the media men stated.

“Ex-girlfriend…Ms. Jung and Secretary Cho’s son had been in a relationship I think for a year but it ended when Secretary Cho negotiated his son’s engagement with Park Shinhye”, Hyun Joong replied.

“Had you been in a relationship for long?” one of the media men asked.

“I courted Ms. Jung after her break up with Cho Kyuhyun. Actually, she tried to escape me…tried her best to leave me…to resist me but in the end I got her with me. I worked so hard…so diligently just to win her love”, Hyun Joong said as he looked at So Min with a heartwarming smile and she with her misting beautiful eyes looked devotedly to him.

“Do you have plans of marrying her despite this issue attached to her name?” another asked.

“Actually, it’s one of the reason I called you here today”, Hyun Joong said as he knelt on his knee in front of So Min and opened a small velvet box. It was a square cut diamond surrounded by four small dotted amethyst set in a thick gold band.

“So Min, darling, I bought this a long time ago…eversince that day that I saw you at the library when you fell into my arms. I love you so much…you mean the world to me…you’re the breath that I take…I worship the ground you walk upon. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife…grow old with me…be the mother of my children…stay with me through thick and thin forever?” Hyun Joong lovingly spoke as he looked at So Min who was already crying earnestly with happiness.

“Yes…yes…I’ll marry you…a thousand times…a million times…yes…I love you, too”, So Min happily replied and Hyun Joong put the ring at her left hand at her fourth finger.

Hyun Joong stood and in front of everyone he kissed So Min deeply…passionately as the video cameras for the television coverage continued to roll and the cameras flashed capturing their happiest moment together.

“Thank you, everyone for coming and sharing this happy moment with me and my fiancé. We’ll in form you as to the day of the wedding. Again, thank you very much”, Hyun Joong said as he and So Min bowed to everyone at the assembly hall before they went out of the side door.

They went back to Hyun Joong’s office. After Hyun Joong closed the door, he embraced So Min and kissed her again passionately…

They were getting cozier kissing when they were interrupted…

“Aherm…Aherm…” it was Mr. Jung, So Min’s father.

“Ahh…dad, I didn’t hear you knocking at the door”, Hyun Joong said immediately with a naughty boyish grin while So Min was blushing.

“It’s okay…we really don’t mind”, Mrs. Jung said.

“It’s a brave thing to do, Hyun Joong”, Mr. Jung said.

“Your daughter is worth fighting for”, Hyun Joong simply said.

“Take care of her”, Mrs. Jung said…her eyes already filled with happy tears.

“I will…for the rest of my life…I will”, Hyun Joong solemnly promised.

“You’ll let me help plan your wedding, daughter”, Mrs. Jung said looking happily at So Min.

“Yes, mom, I will. Thank you very much”, So Min said as she went to embrace her mother and they were both emveloped in his father’s embrace.

“I love you, mom, dad”, So Min said.

“We love you, too, dear daughter”, Mr. Jung said.

“Daughter, promise me one thing”, Mrs. Jung said.

“What is it, mom?” So Min asked.

“Have as many children as you can. You’re an only daughter and Hyun Joong is an only son and being an only child tends to be lonely, right? So have a lot of children who will inspire you, cheer you, love you, respect you and take care of you when you grow old”, Mrs. Jung emotionally said.

“Yes, mom; I and So Min will work hard to give you a football team”, Hyun Joong said happily.

“Thank you, son”, Mr and Mrs. Jung said as they also opened their arms to embrace Hyun Joong welcoming him to the family.

After their embrace, So Min’s parents decided to leave the two at the office.

“You heard them, darling, they agreed to a football team”, Hyun Joong naughtily said as he embraced So Min and gave her light kisses on her face.

They were playing tickle and kisses when another knock came…

“Who could this be?” Hyun Joong asked.

“Are you expecting someone?” So Min asked.

Hyun Joong shrugged. “Enter”, he said.

It was Mrs. Kim.

“Mom”, Hyun Joong said.

“I watched what you did a while ago”, Mrs. Kim said in a calm voice.

“Mom, I’ll marry So Min no matter what”, Hyun Joong said.

“I know…what you did is a brave thing to do”, Mrs. Kim said as she smiled and tears brimmed from her beautiful eyes.

“Mrs. Kim”, So Min called.

“Mom…call me mom, So Min”, Mrs. Kim said as she opened her arms to So Min who went to embrace her. The two women embraced.

“Thank you for loving my son so much. Welcome to the family, daughter”, Mrs. Kim said.

“Why, mom? I thought…” Hyun Joong was surprised at the turn of events.

“After you left, I realized that I love you so much because you’re the best son for me and all your life you had done a remarkable job of doing what’s best for the family…so it’s time that I do something for you. You love So Min so much and she loves you so much and it’s only right that as a mother who loves you…I should also love and accept the one you love”, Mrs. Kim emotionally replied.

“Thank you very much, mom. You don’t know how happy you made me”, Hyun Joong said as the tears he was trying to control fell.

“Thank you, too, for being a good, son”, Mrs. Kim said.

Hyun Joong went to envelope So Min and his mother in a tight embrace.

“Thank you for trusting me with your son, mom”, So Min said.

“I know you’re going to be a remarkable wife, daughter”, Mrs. Kim said welcoming So Min to the family.

“Anyway, son, I want to steal your fiancé for the entire afternoon”, Mrs. Kim said.

“Why?” Hyun Joong asked…surprised.

“I want to plan the wedding as soon as possible…let’s say…next week…you can be wed Wednesday next week”, Mrs. Kim said

“Sounds like a pretty cool idea”, Hyun Joong agreed and he winked at So Min.

“Mom, my mother also wants to help plan the wedding”, So Min opened up.

“Sure…let’s go and pick you mother. Then, tonight; you and your parents will have dinner at the mansion to celebrate your engagement with Hyun Joong. We can also make the list of who we are going to invite for your wedding”, Mrs. Kim excitedly said.

“Yes, mom”, So Min agreed as Mrs. Kim was already pulling her towards the door chattering about the wedding venue, wedding dress, sponsors, flowers, motifs, cakes and menu. So Min looked at Hyun Joong winked at him and blew him a kiss before she closed the door.

“Thank heavens…” Hyun Joong said as he sat on his swivel chair smiling giddly at the turn of events for him and So Min.


Hi everyone! I decided to have a happy chapter this time for one of our OTPs. Thank you so  much for all your support...love you all.