THE DARK SECRET….

INTERTWINED

The next day, Kyuhyun decided to visit his father. He would tell him that he planned not to marry Shinhye. He was prepared to let go of everything and made things right even if it would cause him to loose his father’s favor.

“Kyuhyun, sweetheart, are you ready to face your father at this moment?” Victoria asked…she was worried not because Kyuhyun might be disowned…she was more worried that Kyuhyun might loose something more prescious than money and fame.

“Sweetheart, my father won’t kill me…I’m his flesh and blood. He might disown me but he won’t hurt me. Calm yourself, okay?” Kyuhyun assuringly said before he gave Victoria a peck on her lips.

“Be careful, Kyuhyun”, Victoria reminded Kyuhyun who smiled as he went to the driver’s seat of his car.

“I love you”, Kyuhyun said before he drove on his way.

Kyuhyun entered the Cho Mansion; he knew that his father would be at the library as it was his habit. He went towards the direction of the library…he was about to knock when he heard shoutings. His parents were arguing.

“Are you telling me that you’re willing to do everything just for the sake of your ambition?” Mrs. Cho asked her voice reflected her disbelief at what her husband had become.

“Yes, I’m willing to do everything…absolutely everything”, Secretary Cho confirmed with finality.

“But…Kyuhyun doesn’t want to marry Shinhye…he is willing to marry Victoria. Victoria also came from a wealthy family. Can’t you just agree to allow your son to marry her?”Mrs. Cho pleaded.

“No…I don’t need Victoria Song. I need someone like Shinhye whose family connections and influence will do me a world of good”, Secretary Cho replied rudely.

“Shinhye won’t marry Kyuhyun not now and not ever”, Mrs. Cho said.

“She would…I’ll make sure she will”, Secretary Cho said.

“Don’t you love your son?” Mrs. Cho finally asked. Tears brimmed from her eyes.

“Son? What son?” Secretary Cho asked sarcastically.

Kyuhyun’s heartbeat accelerated at his father’s question…he felt his palms and brows beaded with sweat.

“Kyuhyun’s your son”, Mrs. Cho replied.

“C’mon…you and I know that Kyuhyun is just your son and not mine”, Secretary Cho angrily snarled…his eyes burned with pent up rage.

“W-What do you mean by that?” Mrs. Cho asked.

“Kyuhyun’s not my son…I know that he is the son of your lover, Jung Hyo. The irony of it…Kyuhyun would be fighting for Shinhye against Jung Yonghwa who is his half brother”, Secretary Cho chuckled cruelly.

Kyuhyun’s mother blanched at what she heard. Kyuhyun on the other hand wanted to fell on his knees in mortification. His father did not treat him like a son nor love him like a son because he was not really his son.

“I knew from the beginning that he isn’t my son because I knew from the start that I’m incapable of giving you a child so when you got pregnant I had you investigated secretly and discovered that you were having an illicit relationship with Yonghwa’s father”, Secretary Cho said his whole self was contorted with anger for his wife and for Kyuhyun.

“I beg you…please…if you’d hurt anyone…please not my son. I can’t atone for what I did in the past since you won’t let me anymore but please spare my son”, Mrs. Cho kneeled in front of his husband in supplication begging for her son’s life to be spared.

“This I tell you, my dear infidel wife, if your worthless son did not marry Shinhye nor follow my orders I won’t hesitate to kill him. Anyway, since he is too stubborn to follow me I might already ask someone to end his miserable life. I will kill Kyuhyun and be very happy for it”, Secretary Cho declared cold-bloodedly as he went to sit on his swivel chair.

“Please…no…spare my son”, Mrs. Cho begged as tears fell from her eyes knowing that there would be no stopping the evil that was her husband.

Kyuhyun ran out of the house…he felt weakened at what he heard. His father who was not his father would kill him and he knew that sooner than later he would be dead if his father…no that cruel man was not his father…would have his way with him. Fortunately, he was able to record his parents’ conversation.

“That man isn’t my father…no wonder he treated me like trash”, Kyuhyun told himself as he was driving towards Victoria’s apartment. He needed to see Victoria to tell her the truth before he face someone whom he should see…his own brother, Jung Yonghwa.


Hi, everyone in this chapter...I revealed the reason for Secretary Cho's cruelty towards Kyuhyun. Thank you very much for subscribing, reading and commenting on my story. Please continue your support...again thank you.