BROTHERS…

INTERTWINED

Kyuhyun arrived at Victoria’s apartment, he was still shivering from anger and relief; anger because for so many years he was manipulated by that cruel old man and relief because he was not after all his father.

“Sweetheart, you’re back. Have you spoken to your father?” Victoria asked as she went to sit beside him on the sofa at the living room.

“Victoria, that good for nothing cruel man is not my father”, Kyuhyun said in a low voice.

“What?” Victoria asked surprised…it was not a secret that Kyuhyun and his father had a grudge but she was not expecting him to voice out such a statement.

“You heard me, sweetheart, that cruel man is not my real father”, Kyuhyun said this time with conviction.

“How did you know that? Did he tell you that to make you feel bad about yourself again?” Victoria asked her anger with Secretary Cho plain in her voice.

“No…he didn’t tell me and I guess he’d not tell me at all. That old bastard wants to manipulate me until the day he or I die. I heard him and my mother talking and I found out that I’m a bastard because I’m the result of the illicit relationship my mother had with another man. That old Secretary Cho admitted that he couldn’t sire a child to any woman…he’s sterile”, Kyuhyun narrated before he put his face in between his arms and released harshly his pent up breath.

“Who is your real father then?” Victoria asked.

“Jung Hyo is my real father”, Kyuhyun replied…the name of his real father still sounded foreign to his ears.

“But that’s…” Victoria couldn’t voice out what she wanted to say.

“Yes, Yonghwa’s father who abandoned him and his mother for another woman. Jung Yonghwa is my half brother”, Kyuhyun continued what Victoria could not say.

“Heavens! This is truly shocking”, Victoria said in disbelief.

“The worst thing is my father wants me dead”, Kyuhyun said trying to appear brave and nonchalant even though he felt weakened at the cold bloodiness of Secretary Cho.

“What? What are we to do now?” Victoria asked worriedly…she knew in her heart that she would have to fear for Kyuhyun’s life once Secretary Cho got wind up that Kyuhyun was trying to do the right thing.

“There is only one thing to do, sweetheart. I have to speak with my brother. I had to see him and tell him the truth. He is my blood brother and I know that I can count on him to help me”, Kyuhyun said as he stood prepared to leave at the earliest possible time to see Yonghwa.

“I’ll come with you”, Victoria said in a broken voice…tears falling from her eyes.

Kyuhyun gently wiped her tears with his thumb and kissed her possessively…desperately as if it was the last thing he would do with her. After the kiss, he turned his back and walked to the door.

“Please, come back to me…I won’t live if you’d die”, Victoria said as she gave Kyuhyun a back hug.

“I’ll come back we still had a lot of plans together, right?” Kyuhyun said as he briefly closed his eyes trying to still his heart.

He then went out of the door…to his car…he dialed Yonghwa’s number as he was going on his way.

Yonghwa was alone at his penthouse at The Palace Hotel that morning after Shinhye left early for her work at Park Publishing. He was looking at the proposed improvement on the menus and services of the hotel when his cellphone rang.

“Hello”, Yonghwa answered.

“Hello, Yonghwa, its Kyuhyun…I’d like to speak with you would that be possible?”Kyuhyun asked hesitatingly.

“Yeah…sure…where do you want to see me?” Yonghwa replied.

“At the lounge of The Palace Hotel”, Kyuhyun replied as he was looking at the side mirror of his car and noticed a black Mercedes Benz following him.

“Okay, I’d be down there…I’ll reserve a table for us. When you enter the lounge, someone will you”, Yonghwa said as he cut the call to get himself ready to meet Kyuhyun.

“Heavens! They are following me…they are following me…” Kyuhyun said trying to be calm although his heart was racing. He knew that black Mercedes Benz…it belonged to his father….and he knew at that moment that the old bugger would want him dead.

After 15 minutes, Yonghwa was already at the lounge of the hotel. He ordered a cup of iced amerikano and asked personnel to provide him with a broadsheet for him to read while waiting for you Kyuhyun.

On the other hand, Kyuhyun nervously speed up his car as he saw that the stop light on that part of the road will be turning red. He stepped on the gas and reached another part of the intersection just before the red light appeared and stopped the other cars; also stopping the Mercedes Benz following him.

“That old bastard!” Kyuhyun angrily muttered as he sped on his way towards the direction of The Palace Hotel.

He reached the entrance of the hotel. An usher approached him and he was escorted to a table at the secluded area of the lounge.

“Jung Yonghwa”, Kyuhyun said before he bowed shallowly.

“Cho Kyuhyun”, Yonghwa said as he stood and also bowed shallowly.

“It’s nice that you allowed me to see you even with such a short notice”, Kyuhyun started.

“You blame it on curiosity…I just wondered why you’d want to see me. Anyway, would you want to have something?” Yonghwa suggested as he signaled a waiter to approach them.

“Black coffee, please, no cream and no sugar”, Kyuhyun replied to the waiter who immediately did his bidding.

“What do you want to talk about?” Yonghwa asked seriously.

“I did not come here to fight, Yonghwa”, Kyuhyun said.

“I know…Hyun Joong already told me everything about you and Victoria and you’re desire to turn a new leaf. Shinhye also told me that you decided to fight your father. I appreciate everything, Kyuhyun, believe me…I appreciate your desire to be someone new”, Yonghwa said with an understanding smile on his face.

“Yonghwa, I’m sorry for all that I have done to you and Shinhye. I regretted everything that I did”, Kyuhyun said before he sipped his coffee.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun; but I guess you’re here for more than an apology. You wish to tell me something important”, Yonghwa said feeling much closer to this man who gave him and Shinhye a hard time before.

“Yonghwa, I know that you’d think that this is insane…that I’m a lunatic or someone much worse but I want you to hear this”, Kyuhyun said as he played the record on his phone.

Yonghwa blanched at what he heard…Secretary Cho said that Kyuhyun was his father’s son as a result of an illicit relationship between Kyuhyun’s mother and his own father.

“I…I don’t know what to say”, Yonghwa said disbelief colored his voice and he took a gulp of his iced amerikano to still his racing heart.

“Believe me…I couldn’t imagine it too. I grew up following him…trying to please him…hurting others because of him and he isn’t even my father. He treated me like trash because he isn’t my real father and he was hurting me to take revenge against me and my mother”, Kyuhyun said regret…pain and anger boiled up inside his heart.

“What do you plan to do now?” Yonghwa asked.

“I don’t really know…since that old bastard wanted to have me killed”, Kyuhyun muttered.

“You have to be extra careful now”, Yonghwa commented.

“I know…but on my way here a black Mercedes Benz kept on following me and I know that it’s that bastard’s”, Kyuhyun revealed.

“Bloody hell!” Yonghwa cursed in anger.

“If something happened to me…please…I beg of you protect Victoria. That old bastard might take into his head to kill her too”, Kyuhyun said pleadingly.

“Yes, I’ll protect her. Shinhye and I will protect Victoria; but, you have to take care of yourself too because Victoria will need you with her, brother”, Yonghwa said acknowledging Kyuhyun. He also convinced Kyuhyun to let him have a copy of the record on his cellphone so there would be two of them who would be able to have the evidence.

“Brother…I thought I’d never hear anyone call me like that. Thank you very much, brother, what ever happens to me…I’ll treasure this moment knowing that I found you”, Kyuhyun said as he stood and extended his right hand to Yonghwa. Yonghwa also stood and reached out his left hand. They clasped hands and gave each other a brotherly hug.

“Brother, whatever you need…don’t hesitate to come to me for help”, Yonghwa said as they released each other.

“Thank you, Yonghwa, I’d go to the investigation unit and file a case against Secretary Cho. I’d carry this record as evidence”, Kyuhyun said as he took his coat and slung it on his shoulder.

“Be careful…be alert…anyway, would you like me to come with you?” Yonghwa asked worriedly.

“Thank you…but I guess I’d do it alone. I wouldn’t want you to be a target too”, Kyuhyun said as he bowed shallowly and left the lounge.

Yonghwa still felt surprised at the sudden revelation that Kyuhyun was his brother but along with that surprise was fear that he might lose his brother when he had only met him.

Kyuhyun went to his car…he felt fear as he started the engine but he knew that fear would not serve his purpose. He was trying to maneuver his car when he heard a click and a cold barrel at his temple.

“I thought you won’t finish in there. I almost fell asleep waiting for you”, the man harshly said.

“What do you want from me?” Kyuhyun snarled.

“Secretary Cho wanted you dead so I’d have you dead”, the man said.

Unberknownst to the man Kyuhyun dialed his phone and it connected with Yonghwa’s.

Yonghwa was already at the elevator when he received a call from Kyuhyun which was strange because Kyuhyun just left the hotel premises. Something must have gone wrong. He answered the call but he did not speak…he just listened and what he heard horrified him.

“So the old bastard, Secretary Cho, wanted me dead already”, Kyuhyun said as he maneuvered the car out of the hotel’s parking lot.

“Yes…you’re too stubborn for your own good…do you know that?” the man asked sarcastically while he was moving the point of the gun to Kyuhyun’s temple.

“How much did that bastard pay you to kill me?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Much…to settle me for the rest of my life”, the man replied.

“Where do you plan to kill me?” Kyuhyun asked as he was driving the car.

“Outside the main city…in a much further location…we could say that you committed suicide because your mentally unstable”, the man said with a chuckle.

“Damn you! I’m not insane”, Kyuhyun angrily snarled.

“Don’t you dare snarl at me, idiot!” the man snarled back as he smack Kyuhyun’s mouth with the of the gun causing Kyuhyun’s mouth to bloodened.

“You won’t get away with this”, Kyuhyun said.

“Wrong…YOU…won’t get away from this”, the old man said as he continued to settle his gun on Kyuhyun’s temple.

Yonghwa felt cold at what he was hearing…he activated his phone in order to track down the location of his brother based on the source of the call. He was already on his car and speeding on his way. He already called Shinhye using his other phone and asked her to inform Hyun Joong and Victoria.

“Kyuhyun, brother, wait for me…I’ll save you…I’ll save you”, Yonghwa muttered to himself as he sped up praying that he was not yet late to save his brother from Secretary Cho’s hitman.


Hi everyone! Finally, Yonghwa and Kyuhyun met each other as brothers. Thank you very much for subscribing, reading and commenting on my story.