Our awkward moment...

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

"Erm.. your mouth.." Jessica whispered as she walked past her to take the seat, right behind Sooyoung, that was added just for Jessica.

Sooyoung, whose mind was still in a blank, shot upright and closed . Thinking of how embarrassing she must have looked, Sooyoung planted her face onto her hands and sighed.

"This must have been the most awkward meeting for anyone in the entire universe." Sooyoung thought to herself. 

"Thank you." she muttered those words to alleviate the awkwardness.

Jessica simply took her seat behind Sooyoung and chuckled slightly.

"Oh great, I bet she thinks I'm weird right now." Sooyoung plummeted her face onto the table in embarrassment.

Sooyoung, captivated by the american girl, peeked at the girl ever so often. Each time Sooyoung looked behind she felt her heart grow soft and would smile unknowingly. Was this the feeling of love? It could not have been, that was what Sooyoung thought.

"I must be mad if I ever fell for a girl." the words sounded in her own head. 

But the truth was Sooyoung could not stop trying to look at the girl, even for a second. Jessica's glowing features and calm stature somehow made Sooyoung curious and excited. Her heart grew fonder as she saw the american girl studiously copying notes on the whiteboard onto her little notebook. Her focus made Sooyoung admire her even more. She liked seeing Jessica's serious side, it made her look.. gorgeous.

The class ended pretty quickly with Jessica distracting Sooyoung, and the students all moved from their seats to start their own conversation before the next teacher arrived.

"Hello my name is Izzy, it's nice to meet you." the class chairperson along with a few others had come forward to Jessica's desk to introduce themselves. 

Jessica warmly shook their hand and beamed, happy that she had such warm classmates. the group of them then started talking about their hobbies and asked Jessica about her life in the States.

In front of her was Sooyoung, who was listening intently to the conversation while pretending to be taking a nap. She was jealous of the other classmates who could talk naturally to the blonde haired girl. She wanted that oppurtunity too. But the fact was she was never too social in class and it would have been too awkward if she started being so friendly to a stranger. 

Soon the conversation had to come to an end as the English teacher walked into the classroom. The students all got back to their seats and anxiously listened to the class. Everyone was afraid of being called up because the English language had been one of the most difficult things to learn in their curriculum. It was because the grammer and sentence structure varied from their native language and the English language.

"So would anyone like to volunteer to read this today?" the English teacher looked around the class of lowered heads who wanted to avoid getting picked.

Even Sooyoung had to confess she wasn't actually confident about her reading skills.

"So Jessica would you like to read it for the class?" the teacher eventually pointed after looking around.

Jessica stood up confidently and cleared as she prepared to read.

"I would live a better life, in this world of chaos. After knowing that I have worked hard aimlessly and not knowing life, I am to be better. So now, I slow it down and look around. Because what is this world, if full of care, we have no time to stop and stare." Jessica sat back down after reading the passage. 

The students all looked at her in awe of her fluent pronunciation. One person in particular was dazzled by her angelic voice.

The sky soon turned dark and the release bell was rung. Students flocked out of their classrooms to get back home after a long day in school. Sooyoung had purposely acted as if she was packing her bag just so she could catch a glimpse of Jessica before leaving. She watched the back of the american girl leave the classroom before picking her own bag up and leaving.

Sooyoung walked slowly back to her home as she thought back to the first time she saw Jessica. Her beautiful features that made Sooyoung's heart beat faster. She could hardly comprehend the feelings she had. Then she remembered Jessica when she was earnestly copying down notes. Her seriousness captivated Sooyoung and made her admire Jessica. At that time, her heart grew softer and she would smile like an idiot while looking at the american girl. 

"..to stop and stare." the voice echoed in Sooyoung's head, as she recalled the sweet angelic voice of the new classmate. 

Sooyoung smiled to herself. That sweet voice had melted her heart and filled her up with warmth. Was this love? Sooyoung passed off the idea as soon as she thought of it. 

"How could I like a girl!" she pushed aside all the thoughts and walked home.

On her way home while she wan't really looking, she bumped into a familiar someone.

"Aigooo." Sooyoung rubbed her forehead and picked herself up from the ground.

Still sitting on the floor was Jessica, who had her books all over the floor. Sooyoung hurriedly picked up the books for Jessica and returned it to her.

"Thank you." Jessica smiled at Sooyoung.

"Erm, no it's my fault for bumping into you."  Sooyoung replied. 

"My name is Jessica." Jessica extended her arm as she introduced herself.

"Yea you said that in class already, mine's Sooyoung." Sooyoung shyly and slowly took out her arm.

Jessica took the initiative to hold Sooyoung's hand and shake it.

"Are you going home?" Jessica asked curiously.

"Erm yes, I mean no.. err. yes." Sooyoung got distracted looking at Jessica.

"Er I'm sorry am I asking too much." Jessica thought that Sooyoung was reluctant to tell her about where she was going.

"No no it's not like that." Sooyoung looked away from Jessica's eyes and scratched her head, at a loss of what to say.

"Guess I'll see you tomorrow." Jessica kicking her leg on the ground, already out of things to talk to about.

"Yes, please see me tomorrow." Sooyoung blurted out unknowingly.

Sooyoung covered her hands over the moment she realised those words had come out from . 

"Goodbye." she hastily ended the conversation and ran off home, leaving Jessica standing there alone. 

"Please see me tomorrow?" Jessica blushed at those words. It was those words that make her see Sooyoung a little more than just a quiet girl in the class. She was unsure of what to think right now. But she could feel a sweet taste lingering in her heart that made her blush.

Sooyoung, plopped on her bed when she got home.

"Oh my god, she must be thinking that I'm a weirdo!" Sooyoung exclaimed, being at a loss of what to do next and how to face Jessica tomorrow...