You are love

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

Krystal's POV

I packed what little I have into that familiar luggage bag I have been carrying around during my time in the States. I picked up the portrait of my sis and I bitterly off the bed side shelf, biting my lower lip to stop the tears from filling my eyes. I sighed, shoving the portrait into the luggage. I left the house keys on top of the note I wrote last night.

'Thank you' was everything there was on the paper.  

"I should have known," I frowned. 

"People sure move on quickly." 

I took those slow bitter steps towards the door, looking at every bit of the living room longingly. A part of me wished I could stay a little longer. 

"No," I shook my head. 

"I shouldn't be a bother," I closed my eyes and exhaled. 

"She's happy now, I cannot take that away from her."

I head to the streets. I feel a sense of familiarity, walking alone without anyone to depend on. It still appears ridiculous to me that I found my boyfriend cheating on me a year after we have been together. Guys, they're all jerks. I scoffed and shook my head. It took me less than a minute to know what I had to do next. I packed my stuff and left that wretched house of his. I haven't looked back since and he hasn't called me. No surprise there. 

"Krystal please just listen to your father," my mum held my hand and pleaded me not to leave with him. 

The memory still vivid in mind and I regretted not listening to them. 

"That guy is a good for nothing! You want to sell your life to him?!" I can hear my dad's scream in my head. 

"Yes! I love him and he loves me! Why can't you just give us your blessing!" I laugh at my own stupidity. I should have been brighter. I should have took more time to see through the beast in him. 

I was too embarrassed to look for my parents for help when I left that jerk's place. I keep thinking if only I had not closed the door on my parents. I still remember that disapproving faces that day, and Jessica's crying face. That hurt me the most. 

"Don't go." She had the saddest face that day. 

"I'm sorry," was all I left her. I shook off her hand and turned away from my red eyed, mucus dripping, teary sister. 

I opened the gate and walked into the place my body had brought me. It was a place I loved as a kid. I stepped into the batting cage and insert a coin into the machine to get it started. I stepped back and clenched onto the bat tightly, venting my regrets and frustration on it. 

"Why!" I took a huge first swing and missed the ball entirely

"Is it!" I swung another time, missing the ball as well. 

"So unfair!" I missed once more. 

I felt my emotions boil inside of me. I know it was my fault I pushed the people that loved me away. I feel apologetic towards my family, mostly my sister. We loved each other so much. If only I made a different choice that day and listened to my parents instead. I plop down to the ground feeling lifeless and drained. I'm so sick of my life. Everything is so hard for me. 

"Hey girl, you all alone?" 

"Come here now, we'll show you a good time." 

"Go away!" I kicked the guy hard in the groin and ran away. 

I ran as fast I could that day. Being alone also means you are vulnerable and those were dark times after I left my cheating boyfriend's place. I feared for my safety as I wandered the not-so-safe streets of the States. I saved the little money I get from part-time jobs and finally got a ticket back home.  I thought I could depend on my sister after I got back, but life is not fair. She does not have time for me, she already has someone. 

"Hey there." I hear a voice from behind me. 

I turned around to see that girl Jessica was hanging out with. I think Sooyoung was her name. 

"What are you doing here?" I wiped my tear stained face and stood up to look at her. 

"Jessica told me to check here, she figured you would either be here or the aquarium." It's true I loved the aquarium, I visited it often with my family. 

"She told you to come here?"

"I thought I made that clear already." She took a big bite off the bread on her hand. 

"You could have told her you didn't want to help look for me." I grunted at her attitude. 

"Well I suppose so," she took out her phone, "she can take over from here." 

"No please, don't call her." I feel my voice losing its power. 

"Of course not, she's the one who is feverishly looking for you." I could tell she was playing with me. 

"What do you want?" I sighed. 

"Well I can put off calling her. In exchange why don't you tell me what's your problem." She walked into the same batting cage as me. 

"I just don't want to bother Jessica with my problems." 

"And how exactly are you doing that?" She rolled her eyes. 

Sooyoung was surprisingly patient with what I had to say. She pretended to not be interested to keep the conversation light hearted. She made me feel comfortable telling my problems to her. It was not exhaustive but I'm sure she caught the gist of it. 

"You know, I think you are worrying too much." She headed to the front of the cage to start the machine. 

"Life is like batting," she took a swing and missed. 

"If you hold onto the bat too tight it's not going to swing the way you want it to," she missed once more. 

"But if you just relax and let it go a bit you will see great things happen." She hit the ball this time, far away. 

"Home run!" She exclaimed. 

"Have a little bit of faith and worry a little lesser, you will bag home a big prize." She smiled at me and I can't help but return her smile. 

We called sis afterwards and Sooyoung brought me to the theme park near home. 
----------
"Krystal! Where did you go? Please don't run away again." My sis hugged me till I suffocated for a bit. 

"I'm sorry." I looked down at my feet, ashamed of my act that seem so childish now. 

We reached the park at 6pm and spent a good 2 hours touring the park. I forgot when was the last time I had this much fun. I miss the fun that I used to have, I miss my sis. 
"Hey thanks for everything." I passed the giant hotdog to Sooyoung. 

"Whatever." She grabbed the hotdog and walked ahead of us. I beamed. 

"What are you smiling for? Don't tell me you are falling for Sooyoung." Jessica glared at me. 

"Perhaps? We're sisters after all, we are bound to have the same taste." I teased my sister. 

"You better not! She's mine." She jogged ahead to grab Sooyoung's arm. 
That night we stayed and caught the fireworks display that happens only on Friday nights. 

"You owe me a date for the tickets you begged me to get. I got reprimanded for having the cheek to ask for tickets when I quit on my own accord." I heard Sooyoung whisper to Jessica. 

I giggled, feeling warm. It is good to have someone to depend on. I got in between Jessica and Sooyoung and linked arms with both of them. They showed dissatisfaction but still let me hold their arms. 
What I thought was supposed to be the worst day turned out to be the best day I have in a while. 

I feel loved, I am loved. 

----------

Hi readers, 
It feels good to finally be able to deliver a chapter to you guys. I am really pleased to be able to meet you all through to chapter after a rather long time. Everyone in our life needs a little love. Give the love around and back around it goes.
Peace