Our first official date

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

Light cherry coloured lipstick painted the lips of the young blonde girl who looked into her reflection at the mirror and tried to feverishly flatten her already neat hair. Adjusting the tiniest of wrinkles on her dress every few seconds and to top it off worry about the perfume that she was going to wear. Her face was lightly powdered and eyebrows curled up. Any guy who chanced upon this girl would fall for her immediately but still the girl was unsatisfied with herself. That girl was Jessica Jung. 

"Aish she's coming in 15 minutes. What do I do!" Jessica mumbled with nervousness.

In the midst of all the anxiety, she started to think back to a week ago. Where Sooyoung had first officially asked her out on a date as a couple. 

......

"Phew Mi Young is finally asleep." Sooyoung lightly closed the door behind her after spending the past hour rocking the baby girl to sleep.

"Hehe, you must be tired eh." Jessica chuckled in a kid like voice.

"And what are you so happy about?" Sooyoung eyed at Jessica, thinking she was being odd.

"Well, I was just thinking you should look after kids more." Jessica grinned from ear to ear.

"Why?" Sooyoung quetioned blandly.

"Haha cause you look cute when you look after kids." Jessica still beaming.

"Are you crazy?! How am I cute?" Sooyoung pointed to her usual tom boyish attire then proceeded to knock Jessica on her head.

"Oww." Jessica fell back and pretended to cry.

"Hey you can't be serious, are you ok?" Sooyoung took a knee beside the girl.

"See? You're cute when you show concern for others." then Jessica kissed Sooyoung on the cheek.

"Why do you have to do that." Sooyoung acted annoyed while blushing and feeling fluffy on the inside.

"You know, we haven't had a date yet." Sooyoung commented out of the blue.

"Really? It seems like we have been with each other since forever." Jessica replied while thinking of a time they went on a date together.

"We haven't." Sooyoung said confidently.

"Ah I guess we haven't." Jessica said after nothing came to her mind.

"You think you'd want to go on a date with me next week?" Sooyoung shuffled her feet at the floorboard and played with fingers nervously.

"Yea sure, you'll come and pick me up right?" Jessica was nowhere near uncomfortable saying yes.

......

The days went by and Jessica started to think about the date she had so eagerly said yes too more and more. She thought about what place they'd be going to, what she should wear, and what she should say. Her heart pounded with anticipation and jitters and nothing she did made her feel prepared for the date.

"Ah I can't believe I said yes so casually the other day." Jessica plopped her head on the table.

"She is so going to think I'm a disaster." She looked at herself in the mirror once more. 

In the midst of Jessica's inner chaos the familiar ringtone rang from her phone. The melody was unique to a single caller and it meant that Sooyoung was ready to pick her up. Jessica looked at her phone and despite thinking that she was going to throw up from all the nervousness she managed to pick up the call.

"Hey I'm already downstairs. You can come down anytime now." there was hardly any anxiety in Sooyoung's voice.

"Uh.. yea I'll be there in a second." Jessica stuttered a bit.

"Are you okay? Wait, are you nervous?! Hahah." Sooyoung meant for it as a joke.

"Nervous? Me? No way!" her reply gave it all away.

"Haha, it's just me you know? Come down when you're ready ok?" Sooyoung hung up the call shortly after that.

Jessica took in a deep breath and brought herself downstairs, anticipating what Sooyoung would wear and how she would react to what she was wearing.

Dolled up with a navy blue dress, heels 4 inches high and hair bundled up she walked out the lift looking for Sooyoung. She scanned the place and she found Sooyoung leaning against the wall messing with her phone. 

"You can't be serious." Jessica groaned.

Sooyoung was dressed in converse shoes, denim jeans and a iron man T-shirt covered in football jacket. Her hair was let down casually and the only dolling up she did was put on the tribal bracelet Jessica got for her last week. Jessica sighed as she approached Sooyoung.

"Hi." Jessica said plainly.

"Hi.. woah!" Sooyoung was taken aback.

Jessica held her head down in defeat.

"Why are you dressed up like that for?" Sooyoung commented blatantly.

"She didn't even praise me." Jessica sighed inside of her.

"So where are we going?" Jessica asked moodily. 

"What's wrong?" Sooyoung catching on to something.

"It's.. nothing."

"You're going to show me this face and tell me that it's nothing?" Sooyoung pressed both hands on her cheeks such that she was pouting and smiled.

"It's just that it's our first date and I thought it was going to be something special so I dolled up and everything. And you, you end up coming in sneakers and everything I just feel so stupid I don't know what to do..." Jessica was practically rambling everything that was on her mind.

A gentle finger was raised up to her cherry lips causing the girl to open her eyes wide in surprise.

"Who said it wasn't going to be special?" Sooyoung comforted her simply.

"But.." 

"You know, now that I look at you closely, you look absolutely beautiful." Sooyoung smiled.

Tears welled up in Jessica's eyes and Sooyoung having noticed it just gently brushed the tears away using the back of her hand. 

"Follow me will you?" Sooyoung offered her hand.

Jessica took it despite being angry just moments ago.

Sooyoung and Jessica walked awkwardly in silence for minutes despite their hand locked with the other.

"Erm where are we going?" Jessica broke the silence.

"Erm you'll see." Sooyoung was actually dying with anxiety. 

She had actually expected Jessica to act the way she did. She knew well enough how special this date was not only for Jessica but for herself too. It was a date for the both of them. The week spent thinking about what to do and preparing for it were exhausting but fulfilling. Now the only question remains in her head is - is it special enough? 

Sooyoung swallowed her saliva nervously, step by step going closer to their destination.