The Escape

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

 

Tracing the cotton on the floor, the girl had her back arced like a hunchback's. She was meticulous, careful not to lose sight of the small bits of cotton that were on the floor. Hours passed but the passing of time were not on Jessica's mind one bit. She had went out of town, and had followed the bath to the countryside. The roads that were well developed back at where she stayed became rough and irregular. The skyscrapers that filled the lands in the city had became hills and straw houses. Jessica felt the aching pain in her back after stretching herself from the uncomfortable position she had put herself in. The traces of cotton ended here and Sooyoung was nowhere in sight. Plantations filled her sight as she looked up to see where she was. Desponded, she sat down laying against a stack of hay. The harmony of moos and neighs filled the fresh air along with the heavy sigh of a blonde girl. She massaged her contracted legs that had brought her this far, taking off her shoes to reveal the blisters that laid underneath the socks. She winced a bit when she accidentally scratched her blister. The sun was already setting and Jessica knew that the search had to end. Jessica clasped her hands together and prayed for Sooyoung, knowing that there was nothing else she could do.

----------

The soft dripping of water from the nearby tap were heard clearly by Sooyoung who had been blindfolded once more. She had out a couple of times now each time making her headache worse. was dry and swallowing the little saliva she had did not help. Trying to wet her lips by it was to no effect as she could only taste the blood that was shed when her lips cracked. Little by little she felt life drawing further and further away from her.

"Am I going to make it out alive?" her mind filled with doubt.

"Sooyoung~" Jessica's voice echoed in her heart, filling it with just a bit of hope.

Soon the gate was opened once more as the 3 men came in, finally demanding what they wanted from kidnapping Sooyoung. Wriggling his dislocated pinky in front of Sooyoung he started speaking his terms for Sooyoung's release. 5,000,000 won and 5 years of service to him. Norman had intended her Sooyoung to do his dirty business. Being a tyrant, he has the police looking out for him and Sooyoung was the perfect scapegoat he needed. 

"Maybe you'd be careful not to mess with me?" the voice smirked.

Sooyoung breathing was deep and shallow. She felt her lips dry, and her consciousness fading away once more. 

"Someone pour some water over this girl before she falls asleep on me again!" upon the man's order Sooyoung felt a cold rush of water over her water, instantly waking her up.

"You've got 30 minutes to think about it. Either you do my work for me or you can just die here." and he left.

Red marks were obvious where Norman had held her cheeks. Sooyoung her lips once more, swallowing the little droplets of water that was left by the splashed water. Pushed by her will to see Jessica, she put her plans into action. Gambling the small chance of escape, she dislocated the bone in her thumb and got herself out of the chair. Holding in the pain, she could only make a painful expression without sound. She grabbed her phone that was on the floor and switched on her GPS. She searched for the location of the girl that gave her hope, thank god for Jessica's phone. Sooyoung navigated through the building, every passing moment closer to escape…

----------

Jessica jumped up after accidentally falling asleep on the haystack. She had walked a far off distance from home that she had not realized she had reached exhaustion. Pressing on her muscles that felt even sorer now, she sighed. Whipping out the phone from her pocket she saw the photo she had took with Sooyoung. The one perfect photo of them sitting under the tree having their lunch. The day that Sooyoung had trusted Jessica with her story, the day she opened up to her. She looked at the smile on both their faces and gave a weak smile along the smiles on the photo. A notification then popped up saying that Sooyoung was last seen in a place not far from where she was. Springing up to her feet, she followed the resonating blue dot on her phone.

"This is my only hope of finding her, please be safe Sooyoung." Jessica gripped her phone tightly and prayed.

"I wouldn't know what to do if I lost you." the tears fell, in fear of losing the best thing she had since coming here.

----------

Treading from a far distant a black figure stood before Jessica. After having embarrassed herself by calling Sooyoung's name out loud and realizing it wasn't her, she restrained herself from shouting. Jessica walked closer to the dark figure, each step still secretly praying that it's Sooyoung. 'Please be Sooyoung' the words were on replay in Jessica's mind. Without any street lights in the countryside it was impossible to tell who it was until you were up close. Jessica took bigger steps and walked to the figure. As Jessica approached it, the figure's movements seemed dull and slow, almost as if it had no strength. Jessica's face brightened up when she could finally get a good look at the person in front. It was Sooyoung. She ran towards her and the shriveled look made Jessica's heart ached. She would've cried if not for Sooyoung's weak smile despite her condition. When Jessica had finally reached the girl, Sooyoung's body gave way. Jessica felt Sooyoung's entire weight laying against her and struggled to keep her up straight, supporting her to the field nearby before putting her down. She glanced around and realized that it was all dark. With no possible way of getting help the girls laid there. Just then an old lady walked out of the cottage and saw the both of them.

"Hurry up, come in. Your friend doesn't seem to be in such a good shape." the old lady offered her help when she saw the 2 stranded girls.

"Is she going to be all right?" Jessica asked worriedly while the old lady treated Sooyoung.

"I'll do my best." the old lady smiled, unconvincingly...

----------

Love the people around you like you want to be loved.
Make your smile cheaper and your anger more expensive.
In the end, the one that wins is the one who manages to make live his life that provides most joy to people around him.

 

Something I wish to share with all my readers. 
We all have people we don't like, but that doesn't mean we can't try to get to like them. :)
The world could do so much better with more love and less hate.
Just like Soosica, let's try to have more love. 
Love that does not require anything in return.
Generous and humble love. 
I sincerely love all you readers and thank you for still sticking with me.

It's been a week since my last update, phew that wasn't too long now was it? 
If you ever feel lonely just message me all right? I'd be more than glad to chat. :)