Gomawo...

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

 

Following the day at the cafe, Jessica got up for school early in the morning. The birds chirped harmoniously as they welcomed the new morning. Jessica, still in her pajamas rolled out of bed and onto the floor as she once again started to doze off on the floor. 

"Jessica, wake up you're going to be late." her mind kept reminding the girl. 

Jessica struggled to pull herself up and the sore muscles had not made waking up any easier. Using the support of the walls she dragged herself to the bathroom and covered the seat on the toilet bowl. She took a seat and started brushing her teeth with her eyes closed hoping she'd be able to get more 'rest' this way. Then the rinsed and finally got into the showers. She turned the knob and a rush of cold water hit her body.

"Ahhh, coldddd!" Jessica was woken up instantly, she jumped out of the showers and turned the heater on.

"Ah, I always forget to turn on the heater." she continued to wash herself, now a lot more awake. 

She adjusted her skirt and bow tie while she looked in the mirror. She smiled to herself in the mirror and gave a thumbs up. It was her own way of motivating herself for school. 'Your mind will believe what you tell it to believe', that was what Jessica had believed. Picking up her pink canvas bag that had been packed the day before, she slipped onto her red converse shoes and left her place. 

"I'm leaving!" Jessica called out to her parents from outside her place and started walking to school.

She put on her usual cheerful expression and as if her sore muscles had recovered she skipped her way to school. On the way she saw Sooyoung to school with her eyes half closed. She crept up to the girl and jumped on her. 

"Good morning~" Jessica spoke in her american slang. 

"Bwahhhh! Don't scare me like that!" Sooyoung unsatisfied that she was scared out of her semi-sleeping state. 

"Hehe, you looked like you needed someone to charge you up." Jessica gave a sneaky smirk.

"I'm fine, I'm fine just let me sleep a bit." and Sooyoung's eyelids started to drop halfway past her eyes but still managing to walk steadily to her destination. 

"I think I better hold your hand, in case you hurt anyone." Jessica initiated.

"No way~" Sooyoung retracted her hand almost immediately. 

"Did you forget about what you said yesterday? About me being yours?" Jessica eyed at Sooyoung and raised her eyebrows, confident she had already won the battle.

"Aish what a bother…" Sooyoung offered her hand once more for Jessica to hold onto. 

Nothing out of the ordinary happened as they passed the school gates. The crowd was staring at the 'couple' holding hands and having small talks amongst themselves. Finding comfort in Sooyoung's presence, Jessica walked into the school comfortably ignoring the attention given to them. 

"Looks like you're becoming the talk of the school." a girl with tom-boyish good looks approached them.

"You sure are quick, president." Sooyoung confronted the president of the media club. 

"Hehe, so how are you coping with the relationship?" the president cutting to the chase. 

Sooyoung was familiar with the president of the media club. Digging her memory, she recalled the time that the president had come to her to ask about Sooyoung's beyond normal athletic abilities and the president had even went to the extent to follow her around for 3 days before Sooyoung finally gave up and conducted a proper interview. 

"Just leave us alone." Sooyoung pushed the president to the side as she continued to make her way to class.

"Aww come on we're already friends. It wouldn't hurt to tell me right?" the president gave a sneaky smile. 

"No way, you're just going to write another crappy story for the whole school to read." Sooyoung remembered the previous article the president had wrote about her. 

'Thought talented, Sooyoung remains cold and unfriendly to people around her. Like a true lone warrior she keeps her skills polished while maintaining distance between her potential rivals.' that article generated such a heated response that people were actually passing bad remarks about Sooyoung every other lesson. However Sooyoung had not mind it. The president was simply doing her job while the others simply responded in their own way. Sooyoung cooly accepted the situation and continued being comfortable in her own space. The president was also apologetic for the uproar she had caused and personally apologized to Sooyoung. Even if they were only talking to each other whenever they meet by the corridors, the president was Sooyoung's only other friend except Jessica. 

"Hey, don't keep bringing that up. I have already apologized." the president gave a glum face. 

"Haha, so just leave us alone then." Sooyoung entered her classroom with Jessica, leaving the president outside.

"Who's that?" Jessica asked curiously when the president was out of ear's reach.

"Just the media club president. She goes around writing articles." Sooyoung briefly explained.

"Ohh, she's pretty even though she has rather boyish looks." Jessica commented.

"You better not have any ideas. You're supposed to be dating me, remember?" Sooyoung eyed Jessica cheekily.

"I can always 'dump' you!" Jessica continued to joke. 

----------

Sooyoung stretched in her own seat as class has come to an end. Picking herself up she saw a girl looking at her with starry eyes. 

"Wh..what are you doing?" Sooyoung apparently shocked by Jessica's glowing eyes staring at her. 

"What are you doing today?" Jessica put up her baby face and questioned Sooyoung. 

"Nothing, I guess." Sooyoung answered promptly. Jessica got up on her feet and walked towards Sooyoung.

"Let's go out then." Jessica smiled as Sooyoung retracted her seat back up against the wall.

"Wae~ Just go home." Sooyoung argued.

"You forced me." Jessica smiled cheekily. She then got closer and closer to Sooyoung such that their face were almost touching.

"Let's go out.." Jessica whispered into Sooyoung's ear seductively, her lips touching Sooyoung's ear. Sooyoung shivered in her seat upon hearing Jessica's voice.

"Where did you learn that!" Sooyoung got extremely uncomfortable hearing such a voice from Jessica. 

"Just something I picked up." Jessica raised her eyebrows, threatening to do it again if Sooyoung didn't follow her. 

"Aish, no way. I'm going home." Sooyoung picked up her bag and headed out of the classroom. She was, however, pulled back by Jessica. Sooyoung stared straight at Jessica curiously.

"Let's go~" 

That voice again. 

Sooyoung tried to pry her hand of Jessica's but Jessica kept her grip and got closer and closer to Sooyoung. 

"Wae~" Sooyoung tried to back away but she was simply held down by Jessica. 

"Let's go~" once more Jessica used her y voice and Sooyoung fell behind. Jessica who had her grip fixed on Sooyoung was dragged along with Sooyoung as they both fell onto the classroom floor. 

"Aish seriously, you're an idiot!" Sooyoung reprimanded Jessica. Jessica simply sat up and pouted with a sad expression.

"Are you ok?" Sooyoung picked herself up and scanned Jessica for any injuries. 

"Hehe, I knew you cared about me." Jessica was elated at the attention that was finally given to her and hugged Sooyoung.

"Now I know why people actually buy our story, about us being together." Sooyoung let out a smirk. 

Jessica simply smiled and hugged Sooyoung tighter. Once more, Sooyoung was dragged along by Jessica. The duo walked casually for a good 10 minutes before Sooyoung got frustrated.

"Seriously, just tell me where we're going." Sooyoung complained.

"Haha, we'll get there soon." Jessica simply ignored the question, enjoying the fact that Sooyoung was irritated.

"Ah fine, just not any cafe again." Sooyoung had not really enjoyed wearing the girly attire. 

"Why? You looked really pretty in the uniform though." Jessica complimented Sooyoung sarcastically, obviously knowing Sooyoung disliked wearing girly clothing.

"Aishh, just walk.." Sooyoung pointed in front asking Jessica to hurry and lead the way. She then smiled slightly to herself. She had never and probably will never like wearing girl's clothes but something about Jessica complimenting her just made her smile. 

Lurking in the corner were 3 men following closely behind the couple. They watched the couple walk, while wearing irritated expression. 

"Just wait, I'll get you…" 

"Ta-daa." Jessica exclaimed excitedly as they reached their destination. Sooyoung sighed as she got dragged into the store with Jessica.

"A teddy bear making store? Jessica!!" Sooyoung screamed in her head. Sooyoung simply couldn't grasp what's on the girl's mind at all. First the cafe and now a teddy bear making store. Sooyoung was really getting her fair share of doing weird and girly things since the american girl's arrival. 

"Sooyoung! This is cute right?" Jessica smiled and made a cute expression with the bear she was holding in her hand. 

"I just can't help myself around her." Sooyoung gave in to Jessica and smiled. She had a soft spot for the girl. Apart from what they were actually doing, Sooyoung was glad that she could be with Jessica.

Jessica picked out a panda and they placed the stuffing into the bear. 

"Oh.. look!" Jessica got excited as she saw the bear getting it's mass and forming into shape. Sooyoung smiled and decided to poke fun at Jessica.

"You're seriously like a kid, hahaha." Jessica pouted at the comment and hit Sooyoung with the unfinished panda. Stuffings flew out of the stuffed toy and they ended up getting a glare form the shop keeper. The two turned away in embarrassment and giggled quietly when their eyes met. 

Next, they went to get a 'voice' for the panda. The girls held the mini recorder near and played with it for a bit. Jessica in particular was recording really weird things like 'Panda likes to sleeeeeeeep~' emphasizing the sleep word, 'Chu chu~ mucks' with her cute aegyo, and 'give me food keke' in a oddly disturbing deep voice. Sooyoung laughed along with Jessica as they replayed their voices. Finally they decided to record their voices together. 

'Hug, hug.. heheh. Saranghae~' Sooyoung replayed the recording several times and decided to go ahead with it. She turned around to hide her smile, it was her heart being melted by Jessica's voice once more. 

"Here, one for you and one for me." Jessica handed a knitted heart over to Sooyoung. Sooyoung picked up the heart and started writing on it using the marker. Jessica peeped over to see what Sooyoung was writing.

"You're writing my name?" Jessica's eyes widened when she saw Sooyoung write her name. Sooyoung immediately used her body to stop Jessica from seeing anymore.

"It's your bear, of course it's going to be your name." Sooyoung reasoned.

"I get it.." Jessica chuckled in her baby voice and resumed to write her own things.

"Since she wrote my name, I'm going to write her name and…" Jessica noted down the things in her head onto the heart. 

The couple then went on to pick out clothes for the panda after they had knitted up the hole in the panda. Jessica kept squeezing the panda to hear their recorded voice as Jessica picked out the clothes for the stuffed toy. 

"I think this looks good." Jessica tried on the clothes on the stuffed toy.

"Isn't that too manly?" Sooyoung was curious by Jessica's choice. Jessica was always one to choose cute things for herself. However she was picking out canvas shoes and denim jeans for the toy.

"Hehe, I like it." Jessica merong-ed. 

"Anyway, I'm calling it Soosica." Jessica typed the pet's name on the computer.

"What?! That name doesn't even make sense." Sooyoung expressed her discontentment. 

"Wae? I can call it whatever I want." Jessica continued to type the panda's details while ignoring Sooyoung's opinion.

"Do whatever you want." Sooyoung simply stood by and watched Jessica complete the stuffed toy's birth certificate.

The duo exited the store after paying for the panda. Jessica insisted that she paid even though Sooyoung wanted to fork in some money since she had a part in making the panda. 

"You should've let me pay." Sooyoung tried to convince Jessica once more.

"Anniyo, then it would have lost it's purpose." 

The two walked slowly over to a junction where they had to leave for their homes in the opposite direction.

"Be careful, see you in school tomorrow." Sooyoung waved goodbye to Jessica.

"Erm, gomawo." Jessica handed Sooyoung the panda with both hands. Sooyoung was slightly taken aback and remained silent.

"I didn't know what you like so I decided to make this bear for you and I feel that it would mean more if you had a part in making it." Jessica continued to have her hands held out as Sooyoung had not received the gift.

"But, but why?" 

"I want to thank you for being there for me. It's always been you who is protecting me since I've been here. Gomawo." Jessica smiled. 'That smile.' Sooyoung's heart instantly melted and she couldn't help but smile too.

"Gomawo." She pulled Jessica in and hugged her. Slowly she loosened her grip and took the gift from Jessica.

"Goodnight Sooyoung, sweet dreams." Jessica waved. The two were slowly walking further and further apart as they left for their home. It wasn't before they were simply too far to be seen that they stopped waving goodbye to one another.

"What a sweet girl." Sooyoung thought to herself. She held her heart again. The feeling of her heart racing was rekindled once more. 

'Maybe this is love?' Sooyoung eventually casted off that weird thought and continued walking home. 

---Sooyoung's POV---

I looked at the bear once more. I was happy that Jessica had actually given me the bear but I started asking myself why. Aish, I'm not one to think deeply anyways. I continued to walk down the alley back home and then I heard my phone beep. 

To: Sooyoung

From: Jessica

-Be careful. And goodnight :)

I read her message and smiled once more. You're my best friend, I'm so glad I met you. I wondered what my life would have been without you. It must be pretty bad. I'd most likely still be in that lonely classroom without anyone in particular to confide my feelings too. Gomawo.

*Thud*

I felt something hard hit against the back of my head. I reached back to touch my head and saw blood. The searing pain then hit me as I realized I had been attacked. But who was it? I turned around but my vision was blurred as I begin to lose my consciousness. 3 dark shadows? I felt myself falling then my eyelids went shut…

------------

Yes I'm back, did you miss me? Hehe...
Jessica is being sweet once more. Ahhh all these fluffy moments.
What exactly happened to Sooyoung? Guess you'll have to find out in the next chapter. *Merong*

PINKY PROMISE~? :')