The cafe...

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

Jessica sat under the oak tree waiting for Sooyoung. She sat there dazed and deep in thought. 'We're together, anyone got a problem with that? She's mine now, so if anyone hurts her be ready to reap what you sow.' Jessica heart fluttered for a bit. She was glad that someone was standing up for her. Someone was there to protect her from all things hurtful. But at the same time she was unsure if Sooyoung had really meant those words or was it simply to protect her. She smiled when she thought of Sooyoung really liking her and protecting her like how a boyfriend would but Jessica knew it was wrong. A girl couldn't possibly fall for another girl. She shook her head in denial and pat herself on the face to wake her up from her little fantasy.

Not long after, Sooyoung came back with two cup ice cream in her hand. She passed one of the cup ice cream to Jessica and took a seat beside the girl.

"I didn't know what flavor you like so I just got you chocolate mint." Sooyoung explained herself.

"Anniyo, it's fine I really like chocolate mint." 

"Really?!"

"Hahah, yup. It's sweet yet refreshing. Just like you." Jessica eye smiled at Sooyoung.

When their eyes met, both of them looked away in embarrassment and blushed. 

"Anyway thanks for saving me yet again." Jessica said when she recovered from her red face.

"Pabo! We're friends aren't we?" Sooyoung knocked Jessica on her head.

"Ah sorry." Jessica stuck out her tongue.

"Next time, I'll be the one to protect you from all the bad guys." Jessica stood up and took a cute fighting stance and started punching around clumsily.

Jessica fell on her and Sooyoung laughed so hard till she had stitches. She held her stomach with her hand as she made her way over to help Jessica get up. Jessica and Sooyoung spent their entire break chatting under the tree while finishing their cup of ice cream. As if what other people thought about them didn't matter, they enjoyed their break to the fullest, with laughter and smiles.

"Just how close can they get!" a man stood behind the pillar observing the duo, gritting his teeth. 

He clenched his fist and continued to look at them till the end of break.

"I'll get you, Choi Sooyoung." he snorted and walked away into the shadows as the bell rang. 

---After school---

"Sooyoung~" Jessica called out to Sooyoung cutely.

"Wae? Why are you doing that?" Sooyoung was surprised.

"You don't like it?" Jessica looked at Sooyoung with her puppy eyes. 

"Ahh seriously," Sooyoung looked away unable to stand Jessica

"You're too cute!" Sooyoung patted Jessica's head as she complained.

"Ah Sooyoung there's this place I want to go to, can you join me?" Jessica asked Sooyoung.

"I guess so since I have nothing to do." Sooyoung packed her stuff and followed Jessica out of school.

They strolled slowly out of the school gates and walked along the street. Jessica flaunting her aegyo excessively to Sooyoung in her cute little girl's voice. Sooyoung would look away, and huffed 'Ah I seriously can't believe you, don't do it, don't do it.' Jessica smirked acknowledging this as one of Sooyoung's weakness. Apart from teasing Sooyoung, Jessica couldn't help herself but to be like a little kid around Sooyoung. And it was possibly because she wanted to be loved and protected like a kid by no one else but Sooyoung.

Sooyoung followed Jessica closely behind. Jessica refused to tell Sooyoung the place they were heading. Sooyoung followed blindly behind as she stared at the back of the hopping girl who was walking with fleeting feet. All of a sudden Jessica picked up her pace and Sooyoung got lost behind her when the girl turned into an alley. Observing the alley Sooyoung wondered where Jessica could have gone. Clamped between two tall buildings she walked across the alley slowly, hoping to find signs of the blonde girl who rushed off without her. At the end of the alley she saw a hand signaling for her to come. Jessica's face had been hidden behind the door. Sooyoung caught up to the girl and opened the door to open the shop. She stepped into the shop having to realize that Jessica was gone once more. Sooyoung had entered a cafe, but not just any cafe. Girls wearing uniform, maid uniform to be exact, were walking around serving their guests. Sooyoung had obviously entered by the back door and was behind the counter. She was tapped on the shoulder by someone. She turned around to find someone staring her in the face.

"You shouldn't be out here without your uniform. Are you new?" the store-in-charge called out to Sooyoung.

"Ahh I'm not working here. I'm sorry." Sooyoung bowed and tried to leave but was pulled back by the store-in-charge.

"Trying to slip away?" despite the small stature of the young girl, she had successfully managed to push Sooyoung into the changing room. 

Sooyoung's eyes were fixed onto the girl who was changing into the maid uniform upon being pushed into the changing room. Her eyes widened as she saw Jessica's . Her skin glistened under the sunlight that had entered through the small window panel, the only source of light in the room. Sooyoung swallowed her saliva and tried hard to get herself to look away but to no avail.

"Ah Sooyoung, you're so slow. Can you help me zip the back up?" Jessica called out to Sooyoung.

"Erm.. ye." Sooyoung blindly followed the instructions of the american girl and pulled the zipper up slowly for Jessica.

"Are you there?" Jessica waved her hand in front of Sooyoung's face as she turned around to see the dazed girl's face.

"Huh? Ah yah! Why did you bring me here!" Sooyoung broke out of her daze.

"Hehe do I look cute? I always thought girls would look cute in this so I offered to work here." Jessica spun around for Sooyoung to see.

"Aish seriously, now I have to change too." Sooyoung complained. 

"Hahah, hurry up hurry up people are waiting." Jessica picked out a uniform for Sooyoung to change.

--------

"Don't you dare look!" Sooyoung called out as Jessica stood by the door looking away as Sooyoung changed.

Sooyoung pulled up the dress and attempted to zip up when Jessica…

"Peek-a-boo!" Jessica turned around all of a sudden causing Sooyoung to fall on her .

"Yah seriously!!!" Sooyoung was furious and embarrassed.

"Let me do it for you. Hehe." Jessica looked at Sooyoung with a certain erted look.

"Get away from me." Sooyoung kicked at the approaching girl.

Jessica effortlessly walked round to Sooyoung's back and zipped the dress up for her.

"There, you look really pretty now." Jessica smiled.

Sooyoung's anger was immediately released upon seeing the girl's smiling face. 'I can never get angry at this girl', that was what Sooyoung seriously thought. The two were scolded by the in-charge for taking so long to change and they finally started serving the guests. The two glanced at each other and smiled, motivating each other to work. Sooyoung being the stronger one would help Jessica clear the heavy plates while Jessica would help Sooyoung take the orders from the tables Sooyoung was in charge of. 

"These two really look like they're enjoying work here." the in-charge smiled as she looked at the duo from behind the counter. 

--------

The shop was bustling with customers and all the staffs worked hard to cope with the evening rush. Out of the blue a shriek broke out. It had come from Jessica who was tables away from Sooyoung. As though time had froze, everyone in the shop turned to look onto the situation. Sooyoung's reflexes for protecting Jessica was almost instinctive now as she made the way to Jessica.

"What happened?" Sooyoung asked Jessica with concern.

"He.. touched me." Jessica said softly.

"Cheh byuntae! Did you touch her?!" Sooyoung growled at the middle aged man. 

"Why are you accusing me? I didn't do anything like that." the accused denying his fault.

"So you're saying she lied?" Sooyoung's eyes widened. 

"Of course! Just because you girls are pretty doesn't mean you can just accuse people as you wish." he continued to defend himself.

Sooyoung was furious and pulled the guy by his collar. Sooyoung was ready to punch him but the man retaliated. He pulled Sooyoung's hands away and slapped her across the cheek. Air came out from his nose, annoyed at Sooyoung. Sooyoung was quick to turn her face back to stare at the man. The man was ready to give Sooyoung another hit but was stopped instead.

"I think we'd have enough proof to know whether you molested my staff or not. We have cameras installed here so don't you think it's wise to stop what you're doing?" the in-charge butted in.

"I don't know what you're talking about! I'll let you go this time." the man looked nervously around the room and stomped out of the store after picking up his stuff.

"Are you okay?" the in-charge asked Sooyoung.

Sooyoung nodded and the in-charge proceeded to assure the customers that everything has been settled and requested them to return to their seats. Sooyoung and Jessica made their way to the back of the cafe. Jessica prepared some ice and a towel to help Sooyoung reduce the swelling on her face. Sooyoung's cheek had swelled up pretty bad.

"That guy was pretty strong." Sooyoung joked as she lied on Jessica's lap to let the girl ice her face.

"You got hurt because of me again." Jessica hinted sadly.

"I'm fit as a bull, this is nothing." Sooyoung assured Jessica.

"But you got hurt.." Jessica was sniffing.

"You crybaby! I'm fine." Sooyoung got up from Jessica's lap and wiped the tears off the girl's face. 

"How's your ? Is it rotting from the man's touch?" Sooyoung joked and made Jessica laugh.

Jessica leaned forward to kiss the swollen cheek.

"Let's see if your cheek can rot from my kiss." 

"I think it'll heal much faster now." Sooyoung smiled and held Jessica close. 

The two were once again in an embrace, almost like a habit they were hugging again. Just then the in-charge had walked in to check on Sooyoung's condition.

"Hey! Get a room! If you two have time to be lovey dovey then you can get out there and start working again!" the in-charge shouted at the both of them.

Jessica and Sooyoung quickly got up from their position and left the room while snickering.

"Aish, those two." then the in-charge smiled... 

------------

A short update for my beloved readers. I miss all of you but a major exam is coming up.

Wish me luck~ ><