She's mine...

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

 

Jessica held onto one of Sooyoung's hand, then subsequently pulled her into a hug. Sooyoung wept thinking back to the events that day. Jessica took a deep breath, feeling the pain that Sooyoung went through. She knew that if it was her who went through such a ordeal she'd do much more than just cry her heart out right now. In that moment she pitied Sooyoung who had to go through such a sad past. 

"Why..why did it have to be me?" Sooyoung cried into Jessica's shoulders as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. 

Jessica could only pat on Sooyoung's back as she teared recalling the events that broke her heart. And slowly Jessica teared as well. After a few minutes Sooyoung pulled Jessica away from the embrace and saw her tearing as well. She held her head with both her hands and wiped the tears away with her thumbs. 

"Pabo ah, why are you crying for me?" Sooyoung managed to smile. 

"But.. but you looked like you were hurting so much." Jessica sniffing up the tears. 

"Hahah you are so weird. But gomawo." Sooyoung stared Jessica in the eyes. 

Just then the bell rang and both of them looked away awkwardly. 

"We should get to class." Sooyoung suggested.

"Yea,yea we should." Jessica following closely behind Sooyoung back to class. 

Sooyoung sat on her table feeling a lot better after letting out the things she clanged onto all these years. She was glad that she had someone to listen to her side of the story. She was thankful for having someone that actually bothered to hear her out and believe her. In a moment, those regrets and anger were all released. It was as if her new life could finally start. It didn't matter what the rest was going to think of her, because she was sure that Jessica would be the one friend she'd protect no matter what. Just that one is enough. Maybe it was because all the stress had suddenly been released within Sooyoung, she ended up sleeping for the rest of the lessons. A good sleep in a long while. Jessica stole glances at the sleeping Sooyoung occasionally and smiled like a fool unknowingly. After hearing Sooyoung's story she realized that everyone has a weak side, and knowing the girl's pain she wanted to be the one who's always with her. She couldn't bear to let Sooyoung go through the same pain again. 

"If only I met her earlier, I wouldn't have made her go through all these pain." she thought.

When Sooyoung woke up everyone had already went home. She looked up at the clock, it was 4pm. She couldn't believe she had actually slept that long. But it felt good. It has been a while since she could smile so naturally when she woke up from her nap. She stood up and grabbed her bag, prepared to leave school. Just then a slip of paper fell off the desk. She picked it up and read it. 

"I didn't want to wake you up because you were sleeping so soundly so I left a note. ^^ Anyways I want to tell you that you'll have me to count on in the future so if you have anything to say, make sure to tell me okay? :D I promise to be a good friend." 

Sooyoung smiled childishly at the little note. It was the kind of notes that elementary students write but it was surprisingly heartwarming. Sooyoung sat back down on her desk and read the note over and over again. Soon she was blankly staring at the note with a smile on her face, as if never moving to head home. Just then she heard loud sound from the room next to hers. Sooyoung dropped her bag and headed cautiously over to the room beside. She walked with light steps while looking around. Sooyoung heard scuffling sounds from the room and pressed her hands on the window to look inside the classroom. She could make out a few tall figures but she could not identify any of them as the sky was dark and their faces were hidden away from the moonlight. The group of guys were obviously gathering around someone, someone Sooyoung couldn't see because of the window's height. Sooyoung could hear sounds of laughter as the boys bent below onto the gathered prey, along with the sound of hands hitting one another indicating resistance. Sooyoung caught on that someone was in trouble and plucked up the courage to open the door. 

"Who the hell!" the group of guys looked up from their squatting positions. 

Sooyoung's eyes widened at the scene in front of her. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists hard. Jessica was shivering uncontrollably on the floor, pulling up her torn uniform. Her shoulders were slightly showing and Sooyoung saw the scratch marks on her shoulders. She pulled up the torn cloth and hugged her clothes tightly. The glistening tears under the moonlight was simply depressing. Sooyoung could not believe what was happening in front of her. She hated the people who did this to Jessica, but more than anything she hated herself for not being able to protect her. 

"This innocent girl who saved my life earlier today is being violated, and in the classroom beside the one I was in. What kind of friend am I!" she cursed in anger in her mind. 

"Ohhh Sooyoung the unpopular kid in school is here!" the apparent leader of the group stood up cockily.

"Just what are you guys doing?" Sooyoung said through her gritted teeth.

"Lighten up and leave, we're just having some fun." he rebutted without much remorse. 

"This doesn't seem 'fun' at all, and that girl does not look like SHE'S HAVING FUN!" Sooyoung was beyond pissed right now.

"Wow calm down Sooyoung, don't you girls have needs as well? Let's just help one another." the guy behind spoke up.

"You guys are plain disgusting, leave now or the teacher will hear of it." 

"Hahaha, I don't think so. Why should we listen to you? Oh right maybe you'd like to join us?" the leader hung his hand around Sooyoung.

Sooyoung could stand it no more. She flicked the shoulder out of the way and flipped him over her shoulder and onto the ground. He landed loudly on the concrete floor. The rest of the boys were dazed as Sooyoung rushed to her next target and sent an overhead kick hitting another guy on the left cheek. 

"This is so not our idea of fun." one of the guys who were still standing spoke. 

The guys had all backed away from the menacing Sooyoung, she continued to glare at them threatening to cause harm to them. The boys who saw her pause in movement quickly picked up the unconscious men on the floor and hurriedly left the classroom. The anxious footsteps of the boys echoed softer and softer as they ran further and further away. Sooyoung squat next to Jessica who was still shivering uncontrollably on the floor. Jessica's eyes were shut tight and even when Sooyoung tried to pick her up she would aggressively resist it. 

"Jessica, it's me Sooyoung." she held onto her clenched fist and then brought her into a hug.

"Sooyoung! Please..please don't leave me. please." Jessica bawled. Sooyoung patted her on the back.

"Shhh.. I'll never leave you. I promise." Sooyoung held onto Jessica tightly.

---The next day---

Sooyoung had woken up to fetch Jessica to school from her place. She wanted to avoid such things to ever happen again. The both of them walked silently to school. Sooyoung wanted to let Jessica know that she was there for her but the events from yesterday was simply too traumatizing and awkward to talk about. Jessica knew Sooyoung was being careful and she was grateful for that, because she was still uncomfortable with what happened yesterday and she was not ready to open up and talk about it. The both of them walked through the gates and Sooyoung who was sharp had already caught onto the eyes that were staring at them. Sooyoung casted off the stares as she thought they were simply staring because Jessica was still hanging around Sooyoung. Sooyoung could care less, because she knew Jessica had already made it clear that both of them should stick by each other. They headed up to class and ended the walk to school without a single conversation. 

Just then, a boy from the other class came running into the class. 

"So you two are the new official couple of our school?! Wicked cool." the boy stated insensitively.

"Seriously, are you crazy. Do you know Sooyoung knows martial arts, do you want to get killed." the male student nearest to him whispered. 

Sooyoung looked at the poster he held in his hand, it was a picture of her hugging Jessica from yesterday. Sooyoung could care less about who took it at the moment. It was trouble after trouble for both of them. The entire class fixed their eyes on Sooyoung awaiting her next move. Sooyoung got up and did what she thought was for the best. She proceeded calmly and confidently to Jessica's table and Jessica looked at at Sooyoung standing beside her. Sooyoung held Jessica's hand into hers and pulled her up from her seat.

"We're together, anyone got a problem with that? She's mine now, so if anyone hurts her be ready to reap what you sow." Sooyoung had no idea she would have the courage to do such a thing, but because it was Jessica her drive to protect the girl next to her simply exceeded that of her own shame. 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung with a shocked expression then slowly looked down and blush. She was thankful that Sooyoung was helping her get away from the embarrassment. She was grateful to Sooyoung for protecting her this way.

The class was dumbfounded. Sooyoung who had no friends was dating all of a sudden. The crowd did not know how to receive such information at such a sudden notice. Sooyoung grabbed the poster from the guy's hand and tore it to pieces. 

"Now would you please leave both of us alone already?" Sooyoung smiled ironically...

---------

So what do you guys think? Do you like this chapter? Leave your comments below. 

Anw I must apologize for not updating frequently haha. Please bear with me. 

Exams are horribly time consuming. :P Especially when the major exams that will determine my life is so near.

Anw readers, saranghae~ :)