What I Meant to Say

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

Jessica sat beside Sooyoung wiping the beads of sweat away from her forehead and holding on to her trembling hand. The old lady had went on to prepare the medicine for Sooyoung. Sooyoung was having a terrible fever and the several scars she had were open to infection. Jessica who was beside her sat there helpless as she saw Sooyoung fight her illness.

"Co..cold.." the words weakly left the girl's lips every few minutes.

"I'm here Sooyoung." Jessica could only mumble words of encouragement and watch on as Sooyoung laid down in pain.

The tears fell down Jessica's face as she saw Sooyoung in such a condition. Just then Sooyoung mumbled the words 'cold' once more and Jessica ignored all risk and hugged Sooyoung, hoping she could provide some warmth for her. Jessica could feel Sooyoung's body burning through their contact and while the tears kept falling down Jessica had fallen asleep beside Sooyoung. She may not have realized that she had been walking for so long before she found Sooyoung. The tiredness all came upon her as she laid and hugged Sooyoung.

----------

Moments later Jessica felt her body being shook. She opened her eyes lazily to find that she had been moved aside while the old lady attended to Sooyoung with the medicine.

"You're going to fall sick if you hug on to her like that." the old lady preached.

Jessica fell silent, unable to come up with a satisfactory answer of her own. She only knew she wanted to keep Sooyoung safe, even if it meant falling sick herself. The old lady glanced in her direction then returned to applying the medicine on Sooyoung's wounds.

"You should tell her when she gets better." the old lady continued.

"Huh? Tell her what?" Jessica pondered curiously.

"Tell her that you like her of course." the old lady was straightforward.

"Ah noo! It's nothing like that." Jessica shook her hands frantically, denying the very statement.

"It's good to be young." the old lady smiled and continued her work.

"It's really nothing like that." Jessica worked hard to persuade the old lady.

"Hahah, if you weren't you would not be blushing. You would not be so frantic. And most of all, you wouldn't have hugged her." the words stung at Jessica as the girl herself knew it was all true. 

Jessica herself had been asking the question over and over again. She had been trying to run away from it all but now that someone has brought it up so openly it was hard not to come face to face with the facts. The old lady stood up in Jessica's moments of coming to consensus with it all.

"Well, tell her whatever you have to." the old lady walked out rather dashingly.

Jessica sat there even as the old lady has exited the room. 

"What should I tell her..." the girl got all nervous, as if during the time she first went out with Sooyoung.

Jessica looked at the sleeping figure before deciding to take a pen to write it all down on paper. She figured she wouldn't find the right words on the spot so it would be better if she wrote it down. Slowly and meticulously the letter of her affections was written. Word by word it filled the page and before she knew it Sooyoung had come around...

----------

"Je..Jessica?" Sooyoung got up groggily. 

Jessica helped Sooyoung leaned against the wall to support her still weak body. Sooyoung shook her head a few times trying to manage with the headache she still had. Sooyoung rubbed her arms to warm herself up as her body still felt cold. Jessica sat beside her and passed on the blanket over to her. Sooyoung got under it, feeling relieved from whatever warmth she got. She then looked at Jessica.

"Aren't you cold too?" Sooyoung asked the girl.

"No, not really." Jessica answered honestly.

"Could you.. share the blanket with me?" Sooyoung's intention was obvious.

"I guess so." Jessica understood, and snuggled closely beside Sooyoung as she covered them both with the blanket. 

"So what happened?" 

Jessica told the story of how she found Sooyoung and even the part where she had fallen asleep on the haystack. The details of her entire journey were told in full colour but it lacked something. Sooyoung smiled as she finished hearing the story.

"Thanks for saving me." Sooyoung held Jessica's hand.

"It was nothing." Jessica looked down shyly.

"I was hearing your story but you didn't say how you feel." Sooyoung was being extremely blatant. 

She couldn't explain where she found the courage to say such bold words. It was probably because she had come so close to death that she was seeing things a lot clearer now. She wanted to seize the person that was most important to her right now. She wanted to be honest. What life had in store for her was a mystery but she didn't want to regret letting this girl go. Letting her feelings go unnoticed.

Jessica didn't know that this moment would come so soon, but she was prepared. She took out the piece of paper she had wrote while Sooyoung was sleeping. Sooyoung waited patiently beside her, not peeping at the paper but eagerly waiting for the moment Jessica says it all. Jessica cleared and read the letter aloud.

"What I meant to say : When I first met you I should have said hi, When I first became friends I should have brought pie, When I first went out I should have smiled bright, When I bought you the bear I should've told you (that I love you), When I first loved you I should've confessed." Jessica folded the paper and placed it back into the pocket.

"I don't get it." Sooyoung teased the girl on purpose.

"Sooyoung!" Jessica whined.

"It means.. I never want to let this hand go." Jessica gripped tightly at Sooyoung's hand.

"Me too." Sooyoung said simply.

"I'm glad you're alive." 

"You make it sound like I was going to die. But you know, I'm glad you told me. I'll make sure to look after you, I promise. Oh and thank you." 

Jessica remained silent. She had confessed explicitly that she loved Sooyoung, but Sooyoung had not said the same. How did she feel? How did she want this to end up? Jessica was curious to death and slightly frustrated at the lack of confirmation.

"Oh and what I meant to say : I love you, and I do." Sooyoung said without looking into Jessica's eyes.

Jessica turned over to look at Sooyoung. She needed to see her eyes. She wanted to confirm it for herself. Sooyoung knowing Jessica was looking turned her face towards her. That moment was probably one of the moments they'd never forget. Sooyoung leaned in gently and they shared their first.

Their first little kiss...

----------

Phew I finally got around updating. Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

Oh yeah, prety bad news. I'm going into the army in about 20 days time. Devastating yes it is.

The series will probably have to go on hiatus by then by still I love you my readers. Take care ok!