Those years...

If I Could Change Time... (Side story: SooSica)

During the mid-summer season of July, the winds breezed through the joyous classroom cooling the students from the ever humid conditions. The students interacted with their peers with glee despite the hot weather, each asking one another about their holidays. 

The students then started to move to the field when they heard the morning bell go. The bustling corridors echoed the happiness of the students meeting their classmates after the break. All the students lined up in twos according to their respective classes and stood at attention as they prepared for the morning assembly. The students of Razzi high school sang their school song with pride, keeping their heads high and their chest out. 
 
At the back of the line of 1A6 was Choi Sooyoung. A girl who had a pretty face but had hardly ever put in effort to present herself well. The elegance and beauty of Sooyoung was hardly seen by anyone except her parents. To the school, she was just a quiet girl of the class who only spoke when necessary. Being one of the taller students in the class even amongst the males, she was made to stand at the back of the line. 
 
After the morning assembly Sooyoung walked, without a care, back to her classroom. Even in her own class she preferred to have her own space. Which was probably why she ended getting the window seat at the back of the classroom away from the corridor. She peered through the window and looked out to the field. She watched the first batches of class attending PE lessons with her chin resting on her left hand that was supported by the table. PE lessons were one of the lessons that she had preferred more. Her reason being, there was no need to prepare anything for physical classes. 
 
She lazily took out her history textbook when she heard the shuffling of feets by the students. It was always a signal for Sooyoung that the teacher was coming. The sounds of conversation died down as the students hurried back to their seats to prepare for the lesson. As usual, there were some who were ever ready for lessons while others tried to tidy themselves to avoid being called by the teacher because they had forgotten or simply too lazy to bring their textbooks. Sooyoung was not the brightest student, but she always did just enough to avoid getting into trouble. The class stood up to greet the teacher when the class chairperson shouted "attention".
 
Sooyoung plopped back on her chair after she had finished greeting the teacher.
 
"Another day is going to be wasted like that." she thought. 
 
She didn't like the idea of aimlessly coming to school all day to memorize facts that could be simply read off from the textbook. She felt that life should be more than this. However, due to the pressure of her parents, she had no choice but to quietly obey the orders of her parents to complete her education so that she could get a good paying job in the future. 
 
Sooyoung only had the cool summer breeze blowing in through the window to accompany her through the dreadful history lesson. She continued to gaze out at the field, while she imagined herself on the field using every bit of her strength to sprint across the field. 
 
"Choi Sooyoung." the teacher called out to her, obviously already catching her unattentive.
 
Sooyoung looked back up at the teacher, awaiting for further instructions.
 
"Could you tell me the significance of Ozai's speech in the 147AD?" the students looked nervously at Sooyung, because the teacher had obviously asked a difficult question on purpose to embarrass Sooyoung.
 
"It brought about the revolution of the people as their hearts stirred due to the conspicuous speech. Although it led to Ozai's death, the country eventually prospered under his ideals of governing a country." Sooyoung answered confidently.
 
Whenever Sooyoung had the audacity to zone out, she would always make sure she had done sufficient homework to answer the questions set for her. The students wowed at Sooyoung's answer, admiring how she had been able to answer the question despite not paying any attention to the teacher. Without much concern for the attention that was given to her she sat back down and continued to gaze out at the field. 
 
The break eventually came after another period of Mathematics went by, again with Sooyoung hardly paying any attention in class. Sooyoung walked down to the cafeteria and queued amongst the sea of students who were also queuing to get their food. Sooyoung played with her phone while she waited patiently for her turn to come. The cafeteria was filled with noise as usual, with the students in their cliques conversing about their individual topics. 
 
Sooyoung was not one to listen to gossip but that day she could hardly keep herself from listening to the rumors spreading around in the cafeteria. Everyone was talking about a new transfer student who had come from the United States. Her doll like features,milky soft skin and perfectly straightened blonde hair mesmerized everyone who had already seen her. Sooyoung noticed the joy in the guys' eyes as they eagerly waited to meet their new eye candy while some of the girls had already started ing about her even before meeting the girl in person.
 
Sooyoung went back up to class thinking about the rumor. She couldn't help but feel slightly curious about the girl. Just then, the bell rang and the break was over. Everyone went back to their respective seats as they awaited for their teacher in charge of the next class.
 
The slow footsteps by the corridor could be heard as their teacher walked along the corridor to their class. Sooyoung kept her eyes on the corridor waiting for her teacher to be in view. 
 
True to the rumor, a girl with goddess features and a mesmerizing face walked along the corridor. The rumor of her was to no extent an exaggeration. Sooyoung kept her eyes glued on the new girl who was walking along the teacher's side. 
 
"Wait does that mean.."
 
Sooyoung had her question answered as the girl walked into the classroom along with the teacher. Her heart was thumping extremely quickly right now. She had hardly felt this way before but she had to admit she haven't seen anyone quite this beautiful. 
 
"All right everyone, today we have a transfer student from USA, treat her well." the teacher then nodded his head to signal the girl to speak.
 
The class remained silent as they waited for the blonde girl to introduce herself. 
 
"Good morning everyone, my name is Jessica Jung and I hope you'll take good care of me." Jessica then did a 90 degree bow. The boys in the class cheered wildly for her while the girls simply clapped along, some showing discontentment.
 
Sooyoung had wide open the entire and was unresponsive until Jessica walked past Sooyoung to get to her own seat just behind Sooyoung. Then she whispered, "Erm.. your mouth."
 
Sooyoung held her hand close to her beating heart, attempting to no success, to calm her heart.
 
That was the day life started out for Sooyoung. That was the start of Sooyoung's happiest and probably saddest times. 
 
That year Sooyoung met her first love and spent many great times with her. 
 
Those years...